• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Confirmed [42015] See trades of a player far, far away from my city (not discovered)

Brummbaer

Version: v1.164-beta.6-(3e2faa8) - html5 (2022-11-10 09:28)

Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Chrome 64-bit (latest version)
Flash Player version: N/A
Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Brummbaer
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 3/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title(s): none

Current situation: See trades of a player far, far away from my city (not discovered)

Expected situation:

Can’t see/perform trades (basic goods) with players from far outside (not discovered)

Steps

Visit a specific player by name (in my case: cool; 5/5 = happens always))

Enter city

Click on world map to see player location

Mention that he/she is not in the surrounding of my city

Start Bug Report

1668168067337.png

1668168111790.png

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi @Brummbaer, thank you for your report. So that we can investigate it, could you please let us know the names of the players you have circled in your screenshot?

Brummbaer

Bottom right ist the player cool
Top left is only the orientation (direction) of my city (light blue arrow) to show that it is NOT in my scouted area

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thank you very much for you quick reply @Brummbaer
My apologies, I meant also to ask how far away exactly the circled player is (so how many rows down and columns to the right from your city)?

Bor de Wolf 1965

@Brummbaer , you know when you max out your BTG (level 30+) you don't pay any trader fee?
So at that time any player would be a good trading partner from your position.
I believe that is why you can see trades far outside your normal range.

Last edited:

Brummbaer

It is too far away, and I can't see any trade offers outside of my scouted area.
If I remember right, you can see trades from the 200 closes neighbors

added:

A possibility is, that this player was in my scouted area/trading range and moved to a new location and the trading requirements/rules are not updated. The center point of the world map has also changed to a new position

Last edited:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
A possibility is, that this player was in my scouted area/trading range and moved to a new location and the trading requirements/rules are not updated.

We are indeed looking at this possibility. Thank you for mentioning it!

Bor de Wolf 1965

I am not sure if that 200 would be right for I can see on my life account up to 380 different players in my scouter area and I noticed some trades from one player right on the edge.

[edit]
O, my BTG on my life account is only level 28 and only on a rare occasion I see a trade with a minimal trader fee, but even that player is 2 or 3 rings outside my scouted area.
[/edit]

Bor de Wolf 1965

O, on my life account I very often see shitty trades from some people very far outside my scouted area.
most are on the sentient goods but also some trades are made with the same person on the standard goods.

and with a shitty trade I mean a 0 star trade.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi @Brummbaer thanks once again for reporting this issue! As you can see, we have now confirmed your issue, and furthermore have found a link with the issue reported here which has been affecting certain players since October. For now we'll keep the 2 threads separate, but in future we may merge them