• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [33031] Pilgrimage - glitched quest window

Dony

King of Bugs
Game version: v1.109-beta.7-(c8d3e02) (2020-07-10 08:27)
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Firefox 78.0.1 64-bit
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.387
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Dony
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: none

Current situation:

At midnight around when new daily login quest appears quest window can bug out with no task just with claim button.

Expected:
Proper quest window

Reproduction steps:
I dont know what triggered it but here it is what i did
1. At 23:59 i had fulfilled quest requirement and have opened quest window
2. i have clicked on claim rewards for that quest
3. reward window appeared with sorcerers knowledge
4. i have accepted it
5. between this 4 steps 24:00 happened and new daily login quest appeared
6. so after i have accepted quest reward my quest window looked like that on the picture (you can see i have active daily login quest there)
7. after that i have clicked on 48 sorcerers knowledge, there is no task there
8. daily login quest appeared with 35 sorcerers knowledge to collect
9. after that next quest appeared

Attachments

• daily.png
    daily.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 126

Dony

King of Bugs
I did reproduced it again with worse outcome
1. At 23:59 i had fulfilled quest requirement and have opened quest window
2. wait till 0:01
2. click on claim rewards for that quest
3. reward window appears with sorcerers knowledge
4. accept it
5. observe that task disappeared and claim button is active at top right
6. click on claim button
7. observe that 35 sorcerers knowledge was granted
8. after that i had this window

Attachments

• claim3.JPG
    claim3.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 108

Enevhar Aldarion

That happened to me too. I had the quest window open at the time the quest for the free 35 daily currency spawned and the two somehow merged together. Once I accepted the completed quest and then accepted the 35 free, I exited that screen and it was normal again when I re-opened it.

Deleted User - 86059

@Dony are you still able to reproduce this, because I have tried the last 2 nights and cannot get this to happen for me

Karvest

You don't need to have quest ready at midnight, you just need no reload since then before finishing next quest.
So you can just live client open, wait for new quest unlocked, finish it => see that window.
If you have quest that require a lot of time (say, collecting 20 VV or waiting for tourney for relics quest) and don't reload the game, you can even miss that daily 35 event currency. This behavior is here since that free daily event currency appeared, not something new to current event.

For me the bug is not that window, but missing new quest icon to click at midnight, which appears only if you reload. Clicking on that icon gives reward window without opening quest window in before. And reward window don't have "close underlying quest window" event, since it not supposed to be opened at that moment.
But when you finish normal event quest, window stay visible as it supposed to switch to next quest, which in this case appears to be "dummy" quest that has nothing to show but "claim" button. Which becomes inactive once you get reward until next day.
So there are 3 ways to solve that issue:
1.don't switch to dummy quest and show correct icon
2.switch to dummy quest, but switch back to normal quest line after claim.
3.switch to dummy quest, but close window after claim.

+ show quest icon without reload.

Last edited: