• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [32870] Enemy squad size calculated wrong for newbie player

DeletedUser3314

Game version: v1.109-beta.12-(deb2f19) (2020-07-14 15:14)
HTML5 Yes/No: Yes
Game world: ZZ1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: https://mybrowser.fyi/report/5f0e9717e7310f0015e0e1cb
Flash Player version: -
Operating System or Mobile Device: Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
App version: -
Screen resolution: 1920x1200
Account name: Lord Soth
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
Quoting some others since I already did my first round:
Hi all, I joined beta today because of the tournament changes. Obviously I only have one province to play with. This was my result:
1594791107762.png
My squad size was 2, enemy’s was just 1. Somehow I fail to understand how this tournament rebalance is supposed to make the entry easier for small/new players. If I were new and if I had such cruel first experience, it certainly wouldn’t help with getting me hooked to the game. :confused:

From my point of view this change hits us, mobile players, too hard. I’m not against one encounter per province. I’ve got problem with the terrain lottery which I have no way to influence or at least identify.

As for the difficulty: I’ve got no feedback there. Not enough data in such a small city.
I think I know why it resulted in a loss... The enemy has in this fight units that are counting 2-6 squad size per unit. So with a squad size of 1 these enemies should be <1/2 units, which is rounded to 1. Therefore the enemy is playing with squad size of 2-6 instead oc 1. Before, squad sizes couldn't go below 6 to prevent this issue.

1 Treant normally counts as 6x the size of a light melee/ranged unit (Sword Dancer/Axe Barbarian or Archer/Crossbowman).
So to make this fight a fair one my squad size must be at least 6 against a treant, not 2 as it was now.
Instead of making fights easier for newbie players Inno increased the difficulty by ~300% !

Expected situation:
In round 1 the difficulty should be 12,6%, not ~300%. With a base size of 6 light melee/range against 1 treant my squad size should actually be 45~50 to make this a fight with a 12,6% difficulty factor.

Reproduction Steps:
  • Start a new account
  • Join a FS
  • Start tournament
  • Observe squad size

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
i still experiencing more enemies then intended, i think for low chapters it should be rounded down

for example SS 7 and enemy has 2 deserters = ss 12
SS 8 and enemy has 2 swamp monsters = ss 12

Attachments

• p1.JPG
    p1.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 102
  • p2.JPG
    p2.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 102
  • p3.JPG
    p3.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 219
  • p4.JPG
    p4.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 93

Marindor

@Dony by looking at your screenshots, it seems that enemies are not stronger than you anymore. Could you elaborate on what would still be incorrect?

DeletedUser3314

As I see it, looking at Dony's P1 screenshot I see 1 Treant which equals 6 light melee but enemy squad size is only 4 so 1 Treant is still to strong.
In P4 there are 2 Treants which equals 12 light melee but enemy squad size is only 8, so 2 Treant is to strong again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
Formula for determining army size is on beta rounded up
so if enemies squad size is 7 and value of unit is 6, formula uses 7/6=1,16 = rounded to 2
we had exactly this problem with old tournament model and it was changed few years ago to be always down for enemy sqaud, its in patch notes somewhere

index.php

because of this formula enemies has this value now:
hellhound = 7
thornrose mage 3*3=9
cannoneer 6*2=12
deserter 6*2=12
ancient orc 2*4=8
total value of enemy army is 48 and was supposed to be 35, increase of 37%

in other words is 10 vs 10 and not 10vs7

Dony

King of Bugs
Round 2 :)
but with how scaling works its any round anyway because
province 1 round 5 = province 2 round 4 = province 3 round 3 = province 4 round 2 = province 5 round 1 = same difficulty = same SS on both sides