• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [17495] Closing the Unit Info by clicking outside the window locks up the game

• Thread starter Deleted User - 60107
  • Start date

Deleted User - 60107

What the title says.

Reproduction steps version 1:
1) Go to Wrld Map
2) Go to any incomplete province
3) Pick an encounter and choose to fight
4) On the screen to select your army use the"I" button to view the info about any unit (doesn't matter if it belongs to you or the enemy)
5) Click anywhere outside the Unit Info window to close it
6) See that the screen remains darkened, as if the info window is still open, and nothing responds any more
Note that if you close the Unit Info Window by using the X in the upper right corner of the window everything works fine. The bug occurs only if you close the window by clicking anywhere to the side of it.

Alternative 3) On the screen where you can Negotiate or Fight just click on any "I" button to open the Unit Info window
4) Click anywhere outside the Unit Info window to close it
5) See that the screen remains darkened, as if the info window is still open, and nothing responds any more

Reproduction steps version 2:
1) In your town open Barracks/Training Grounds/Mercenary Camp
2) Go to Army Camp (second tab)
3) Use the "I" button to view the info about any unit
4) Click anywhere outside the Unit Info window to close it
5) See that the screen remains darkened, as if the info window is still open, and nothing responds any more
Again, if you close the Unit Info Window by using the X in the upper right corner of the window everything works fine. The bug occurs only if you close the window by clicking anywhere to the side of it.

Once the bug occurs the only thing you can do is reload the game.

Dony

King of Bugs
hitting ESC button also works

edit. its not related to unit windows only, it doesnt work on any help windows aswell after you click on "?" for example in AW screen

Deleted User - 60107

It's not just the Help windows. I just encountered this bug after adding a Rune to an AW (said Rune actually completed the Rune Wheel for the Blooming Trader Guild). Seems like it happens with any window, as long as there's another window open under it.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Confirmed with all shadowblack's steps, and also with Dony's for AWs - thanks both! This is affecting all windows where another is open underneath, the game freezes when closing by clicking outside. Focus does not return to the window underneath

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
this seems fixed for me. Should you still encounter it on a certain screen, please let us know