• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [12523] Internal error caused by 'phantom builders' when disconnecting buildings while upgrading

Brummbaer

Game version:V.1.20.3(8844f36) (2016-12-08 9:02)

Game world: Beta1
Browser + version: Firefox 50.0 / GoogleChrome 54.0.2840.99m (64-bit)
Shockwave Flash Player version: 23.0.0.207

Operating System: Windows10 64Bit
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: Brummbaer
Humans or Elves: Elves

Issue: Internal error by (un-allowed) upgrading marble manufactory from level 4 to 5

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: none

Current situation: Internal error by trying upgrading marble manufactory from level 4 to 5

Expected situation: have no free builders after disconnected building during upgrade process

Reproduction Steps:

have two free builders

Start upgrade two marble manufactories from level 4 to 5

disconnect building (upgrade1.png)

>> this set booth builders free !!!! (upgrade2.png)

try to upgrade next building

recieve "Internal error" by starting upgrading marble manufactory level 4 to 5
(upgrade3.png)

>>> create Bug report

Attachments

• upgrade1.PNG
    upgrade1.PNG
    213.4 KB · Views: 156
  • upgrade2.PNG
    upgrade2.PNG
    21.9 KB · Views: 165
  • upgrade3.PNG
    upgrade3.PNG
    365.6 KB · Views: 133

DeletedUser1771

Hello Brummbar,

I need some help from you. Can you explain how did you disconnect buildings?

When I disconnect them by removing them or by moving part of the connection road between them and MH, I can't get what you did (your screenshot No. 1). Your buildings looks like they have been working, we can see them. When you upgrade them then you see different icon, like they are under construction. And when you move them around they still look like they are under construction, and builders are still busy, showing 2/2 (if you have 2 builders). Yours look different, like they were not in process of upgrading. And if they were not, then icon for builders would really show 2/3.

And I see that you got error report, so something went wrong there. Can you please recheck your reproduction steps again? Was it maybe upgrading by clicking on 'move and upgrade? (maybe you had to move them so you could upgrade them).

Thank you in advance :)

Brummbaer

Hello, it's a little bit difficult explain but I will try to do this in words.

I have disconnected them by moving the manufactories away from the streets with no connecting to the MH during the upgrade procedure.
(additional information: By reconnecting to the street the buildings continue the upgrade process.)

The disconnection from the street interrupt the upgrade process and set the builders free. These are unusable to upgrade the next building because they are stuck in the other process.

Sorry, English is not my native language.

Here step-by-step

1. Have two builders available
2. Start upgrading 2 buildings (marble manufactory)
3. Move both buildings away from the streets connected with the Mainhall
4. Look at the available numbers of builders, both are returned to be available
5. Try to upgrade an other building
6. Get internal error
7. Reload game
8. See two builders available
9. Repeat no. 5 to 8
10. Reconnect the buildings to the street
11. Both building continues the upgrade process
12. Both builder are vanished from "builder availability"

Last edited:

DeletedUser1771

Thank you Brummbaer! Your English is just great, we understand you completely :).

So far we succeeded to reproduce this issue by using your reproduction steps, and we found more ways, which also reproduce this issue with "free but not usable builders".

This problem, it seems, appears only when you use 3rd, 4th and 5th builder (we reproduce it with 3 and 4 builders).

I edited a bit your reproduction steps:

1. Start upgrading 3 (4, or 5) buildings

2. Move one/both/3/4/5 buildings away from the streets connected with the Main Hall

(this could be done by:
A. moving building to space away from roads OR
B. by removing road tiles from roads somewhere between MH and that building OR
C. by upgrading last building with "upgrade and move" - move it to location outside road)

3. Do anything in your town (collect coins, ice...go to map and back...etc.)

4. Look and the available numbers of builders, 1/2/3/4/5 are available! (number of available builders are equal with number of disconnected buildings)

5. Try to upgrade an other building-it is possible, but doing that will cause internal error and game will reload.

6. Game still shows available builders -don't try to build again cause you will end up in a loop 'upgrade-internal error-reload'

7. Reconnect 1/2/3/4/5 buildings to the street

8. a. Buildings continue the upgrade process, but builder tooltip still shows available builders. Cancel upgrade in that building or do anything in town, that will set builder tooltip to right value
OR
8.b. Buildings look like they are producing goods (no icon above them). Open them, you can start production - you can't stop upgrading. In this case reload is necessary for the building to recognize the status (upgrading)

Case 8.b. doesn't occur often. Still don't know what is triggering it. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1771

I think that this is fixed now, no more 'phantom' builders :).

But if you see them again, please let us know!