• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [12497] Research notifications remain after chapter has been completed

DeletedUser283

Game version: __ v1.20.3-(8844f36) (2016-12-08 9:02)
Game world: __Beta
Browser + version: __Chrome Version 55.0.2883.75 m (64-bit)
Flash Player version: __23.0.0.207
Operating System: __Win 7 home premium 64
Screen resolution: __1440x900
Account name: __Philplessis
Humans or Elves: __Elves

Reproducibility: _5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __N/A

Current situation:
-Notifications are displayed when new researches are added;
-there is a "!"sign on the "research" button in the toolbar, and one in the research screen for each chapter where research is not complete yet;
-when the research is complete for one chapter, the "!" does not disappear
-example : the orc strategist research has been added to the orcs chapter, and a "!" was displayed for the orc chapter;
I have completed the research and the orc chapter is now complete again but the "!" is still there even after reloading the game

Expected situation:
__the chapter-specific exclamation mark should disappear once the corresponding research(es) has (have) been completed
__

Reproduction Steps
__open research screen
2. __go to orcs chapter
3. __complete orc strategist research
4. __observe that the notification is still there for the orc chapter although all research for this chapter is now complete
5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:

Attachments

• ELV_screen_19.jpg
    ELV_screen_19.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 787
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

Yup and the worst is that the red ! reappears after almost every reload and won't go away until you click onto the research.

DeletedUser605

now getting this on the completed Banshee research back in tier V

DeletedUser503

I have this on the Banshee in Chapter V and it is completed. The red exclamation point
does not go away , it's been there for several days

DeletedUser

When is this going to be fixed ? Those red exclamation points are starting to get very annoying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

DeletedUser1771

This should be fixed now. Finally! :):):)

I hope we wont encounter it again, but if you do, please let us know.

DeletedUser1677

This should be fixed now. Finally! :):):)

I hope we wont encounter it again, but if you do, please let us know.

In beta I finished the marked techs, so thats fine now.
BUT on the danish server, there should be notifications. They're gone too.
So did you fix it, or just removed it? :p

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
on the danish server, there should be notifications. They're gone too.
So did you fix it, or just removed it? :p

Our live servers were updated today, with the same version that is currently on beta. In the current version, we have indeed turned off the tech notifications while we work to fix them. This is why you do not see them right now :)

Dhurrin

Our live servers were updated today, with the same version that is currently on beta. In the current version, we have indeed turned off the tech notifications while we work to fix them. This is why you do not see them right now :)

Indeed. I have an unfinished one in Elcysandir and it now is gone.
Sorry, but this does not mean it is fixed. Fixing is solving the problem.
This is like having a broken lightbulb, then turn off the light and declare it fixed. I find Innogames definition harder and harder to swallow.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
To clarify, this issue is still being worked on. Notifications have been turned off as a temporary fix while a more permanent resolution is sought :)
I know it seems strange, but it's declared as 'fixed' as the original reported issue cannot be reproduced in the current game version, because the notifications are turned off. Once that more permanent fix is found, the notifications will be turned back on again :)

DeletedUser1677

To clarify, this issue is still being worked on. Notifications have been turned off as a temporary fix while a more permanent resolution is sought :)
I know it seems strange, but it's declared as 'fixed' as the original reported issue cannot be reproduced in the current game version, because the notifications are turned off. Once that more permanent fix is found, the notifications will be turned back on again :)

I'm fine with the fact that you found a temporary soloution, not problem :)

But maybe you should write that then, instead of "we fixed it" :p
As I told another place at forum, I was considering writing to the support about it. With this knowledge I wont, and will safe time for the support :)

Deleted User - 60107

This bug has reappeared. There's a red "!" sign on the chapter V marker in the research tree. Looking at that chapter's techs I see the red "!" sign on the Banshee research that I finished long ago (I have trained plenty of Banshees, too).

Reloading the game does not fix it.

Elderflower

me too. Just logged on and I'm being told to research banshees and dryads which I passed long ago.
It must have just happened because I was in my city a couple of hours ago and it was not apparent at that time