• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [12486] Production disappears after moving building

Dony

King of Bugs
Game version: v1.20.2-(9ebd3f3) (2016-12-07 14:07)
Game world: Beta1
Browser + version: Firefox 50.0.2
Flash Player version: 23.0.0.207
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Dony
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: none (if applicable)

Current situation:
If i move building where production already finished and connect it with street, building appear as zzz and you can add new production without collecting old production

Expected situation:
Being able to collect production after i move building

Reproduction Steps :
1. Let production's building finish its production
2. move building outside of street
3. connect building with street
4. building appears as empty with zzz
5. you can queue new production without collecting the old one

workaround is reload the game, or move building to old place

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    592.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 2.png
    2.png
    829.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 3.png
    3.png
    793.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 4.png
    4.png
    443.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Dony - thanks for your report :)

We have been unable so far to reproduce this, so we will need a little more info. Is it happening only with specific lengths of production, or maybe with productions started before the latest update or hotfix for example? Any further information you can give us about this issue would be extremely helpful, thank you.

Dony

King of Bugs
will test that
i have other problems with internal errors on production building which ended before update, while trying to connect them with rest of the city

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 6.png
    6.png
    699.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 7.png
    7.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 192

Dony

King of Bugs
another bug related to this is with magic academy being disconnected from street but clickable and collectable

also it looks like that only building that finished production before update are bugged, new building with new finished production works for me

Attachments

• 8.png
    8.png
    677 KB · Views: 186
  • 9.png
    9.png
    624.7 KB · Views: 171

DeletedUser1771

We can confirm that workshops that finished production before update are bugged after removing it. Let be more precise and say 'after disconnecting it from road' and connecting it back in a certain way.

Dony, your reproduction steps are correct for this case: If you remove workshop and connect it again (by building road from it toward existing road) icon above workshop will show 'zzz' instead of hammers. Just like you reported.

But if you remove workshop and put it back where it was standing before, icon will show hammers and you will be able to collect your supplies.

Brummbaer

Same here (mana on weeping willow), solution is working
Move building, cancel movement, the resource mana appears to collect

Marindor

Thank you, confirmed and forwarded for fixing as soon as possible. We also found out that when you try to start a new production when these buildings show as idle, the game gives an internal error and reloading gets stuck at 11/24, causing the player to not being able to login anymore. These players also become unvisitable so could very well be related to this bug report.

Dony

King of Bugs
I have same problem as i described in OP with my production buildings, looks like some hotfix overwrited another hotfix
I can reproduce it now with new building and 5 min production in a workshop aswell as 1 day production which started somewhere between hotfixes

DeletedUser1771

This issue should be fixed now. If you encounter it again please let us know :)

Dony

King of Bugs
workshops works, goods production building doesnt, still zzz after disconnecting it from street and connecting it back, reload of game fixes it
same steps as above, can even make new screens but i guess its not needed
production on them finished before this update tho

DeletedUser1771

Ok, Dony let me check again. And again :D

:( I just found even a workshop which doesn't work and showing 'zzz' after disconnecting it from street and connecting it back. Goods factories also don't work, and settlement factories also. Couldn't find though residence with problem. And all these buildings finished production before update.

Conclusion: reproduction steps are those given by Dony in the first post of this thread. Only production buildings which finished production before update are infected with this 'hard to kill' bug.

Thank you Dony again. And again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
i just tried it with new production of goods finished now and still zzz error with my steps
let me correct myself, production of goods doesnt work from finished before and after update
workshops finished after update works for me

Last edited:

DeletedUser1771

Ok, Dony. I tried with goods production after update (started new production, repeated your steps) and icon showed goods, not zzz.
But if you got 'zzz' even after update with new production, then Ill keep trying to reproduce that, too.
Workshops finished after update work for me, too. But Workshop which finished before update showed me 'zzz'.

DeletedUser1771

This should be fixed now. Really fixed. But, if you encounter it again, please let us know.

Dony, I won't be peaceful until I hear from you that you can't reproduce it now. :D

Dony

King of Bugs
bad news, MA doesnt show any icons after disconnecting from street and reconnecting
1. let MA finish 3 spells (tried it with 3)
2. disconnect building by removing street
3. reconnect MA with new street
4. MA show no icon
as opposed to https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...ppears-after-moving-building.6743/#post-42468 where it showed icon even if not connect to street
clicking on MA collect 3 spells, it just doesnt show icon

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    732.1 KB · Views: 160

DeletedUser1777

I didn't move my MA and had the same - no sign for the finished spells, the tooltip shows the collectable spells.
A reload fixed the visual bug.

DeletedUser1771

Thank you guys :). Give me some time to see how we will handle this issue.