• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [11469] Population gain when upgrading a workshop.

Preator

Game version: v1.14.3-(1cd9c6e) (2016-08-31 11:39)
Game world: beta
Browser + version: Firefox 48.0.2
Flash Player version: 22.0.0.209
Operating System: Win 10 64 bit
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: Preator
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
When I begin upgrading one of my workshops from level 20 to level 21, the floating texts over the building indicating the spent resources (culture, supply, gold, orcs, population) display correct values, whereas the population value at the top menu is incorrect. Refreshing the game corrects everything though.

Expected situation:
The floating text at the top menu, which shows how much population is spent, to show correct value as well.

Reproduction Steps
Have at least one level 20 workshop.
2. Have enough resources to upgrade a workshop from level 20 to level 21.
3. Start upgrading a level 20 workshop.
4. Observe the floating text at the top menu to see your free population increasing instead of decreasing.
5. Refresh the game.
6. Observe the population is not incorrect anymore.

Screenshots of the bug:
qSeIbGv.jpg

DeletedUser118

Experienced the same after upgrading two Workshops from Level 20 to 21 this morning.

DeletedUser1548

Got the same while upgrading Residences to level 8.
I was also able to use this population to upgrade another buildings and after refresh was on negative population.

Is it the same bug or I will get reward for it as it is about different type of building? ;)

Brummbaer

I can confirm this appearance.

But: After a few moments the "Ghost Habitats" disappear and the correct Population amount is displayed.

Mentioned: Upgrading Workshop from lvl 20 to lvl 21 (Elves)

DeletedUser283

same for me, when starting the upgrade of a workshop to level 20
reloading clears the error

Marindor

Hi guys,

Thank you for the reports. I have tried to reproduce this issue but am not able to do so at the moment. Could we miss something in the reproduction steps that would be required to make this bug appear?

DeletedUser118

Screenshot from just now

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 174

DeletedUser1549

yes, it happends to me too, but after clicking in anothjer building it rectify itself

DeletedUser118

I updated another Workshop and even more population was added. I had to refresh to get it go back to normal.

Preator

I can still reproduce this with the same steps in the original post.

But I can give some additional information this time. Actually, when i begin upgrading the building, my total population decreases, but working population decreases much more, so it shows as if I gain population. And if i cancel the upgrade, everything seems to be ok, but in fact it is not. Both total and working populations are wrong, but at the same degree, so the available population is correct. Refreshing the game corrects everything no matter i cancel the construction or not.

2n9i62f.png

Before beginning upgrade:
2l97evo.png

After beginning upgrade:
jr2q90.png

After cancelling construction:
34rsnk5.png

Marindor

Thanks, we have forwarded this bug for fixing now. In case it could be important: Could everyone who encounters this issue, please post here their browser (+ version) and flash version?

DeletedUser

Game Version: v1.14.3-(1cd9c6e) (2016-08-31 11:39)
Game World: beta
Browser + Version: MS Edge 25.10586.0.0
Flash Player version: 22.0.0.209
Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bits (UK version)
Screen resolution: 2048 x 1152
Account Name: Ritsel
Human or Elves: Elves

Elderflower

Me too. I had 291 population. I went to upgrade my workshop from 20 to 21 and my population jumped to 3251. Logged out and in again and it is now at the expected 182.
Chrome 52.0.2743.116
Flash 22.0.0.209
I'm using an old computer - not my usual one and it belongs to a friend which is why it is still running very old versions.

Marindor

Hi guys! It seems additional information is needed for we can't reproduce it properly, though the number of reports DO indicate that something is wrong. Could you check for certain factors when this happens? Especially: What is the culture bonus at that time and are all builders busy or not?

DeletedUser118

I don't have any Workshops left I could update, so I guess I can't be of much help anymore. But at least the screenshots in here are showing that we all had builders being busy and different active culture bonuses.