• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug [10322] Inventory alert total is incorrect

DeletedUser1075

Game version: v1.0.2-(9f1f82e) (2016-02-17 16:07)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0
Flash Player version: 20.0.0.272
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 2736 x 1824
Account name: Grace
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
A fellow player alerted me to the lovely treasure chests in the tech tree. I scooped them all up. The inventory bag had a red "8" listed. I looked in my bag for the first time in days, and I see 3 different categories of spells, with a total of 24 spells there. From this, I can only conclude that the inventory bag is lacking in basic math skills. ;)

Expected situation:
That little red 8 should be a 24, right? And how long does it show up there anyway?

Reproduction Steps
Scoop up all the treasure chests without looking in inventory
2. See inventory shows "8"
3. Look inside inventory and confirm actual number (for me, it was 6 magical manufacturing, 11 power of provision, 7 ensorcelled endowment), and confirm that the red flag on the tab still says "8"

DeletedUser1075

Still scratching my head on this one - it's possible that the alert just shows the most recent addition to the inventory bag, instead of showing the total added since the bag was last checked. So because these went into the bag in batches (from all the chests opening one at a time), it only showed the total from the last chest I added? I'm guessing, I didn't really track it - but if it helps, I went backwards through the tree so the last one added was the first in the tree. Even if this is the case, I would think expected behavior would be to show all added to the bag since the last time the bag was checked, not just the most recent add. Right?

It indeed only shows those Spells newly added, not the total amount of Spells in your inventory. It seems that it works as intended, but we'll double check to be sure. :)

DeletedUser1075

Well, but I added all 24 - my inventory was empty before that. So it isn't showing total added. It's only showing most recent add. Example: If I have 15 spells in inventory and I add a spell, then add another spell without checking the bag (bringing the total spells to 17), it would show "1" instead of "2" because it is only showing most recent, not total recent since last check. I would think it should show "2" until I check the bag. Then reset to zero until the next spell or batch of spells is added.

DeletedUser1488

I wasn't able to reproduce this. I que'd two spells and added them, my bag showed two and my spell tab showed two as well.

DeletedUser1075

okies. Probably just related to the treasure chests then, and that's a one-shot deal so even if it is a bug, I'm sure it's a won't-fix.

Alright, after some testing it seems this works as intended: the counter shows the number of new types of spells in the inventory, not the number of new spells. So, newly adding 2x Magical Manufactoring will show as a red 1 on the inventory button until you open it, and if 3x Magic Manufactoring + 2x Ensorcelled Endowment will show as a red 2.

DeletedUser1075

So a red 8 means...? lol. Close this, it's ok. Doesn't make sense to me, but I don't even have an academy so I can't complain.

Asking the tough questions, hmm? Guess I was wrong then (or something else is :D). Either way, I'll move this back for now and check with the development team early next week. ;)

We have checked now and the intended behaviour is: for every new spell, the indicator shows +1. The counter is reset once you open the inventory.

DeletedUser118

I think this "bug" is no longer available with the new design of the inventory.

Unbenannt.jpg

No more numbers showing. :)

DeletedUser118

But very annoying anyway, every time I log in, the exclamation mark is there, no matter if there happend anything new or not...

Really? Even if you open the inventory and go to the tab? For me the red mark is gone by then and will not appear again till next time something inside is new. o_O