• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

We got a gift today.

Martia

It's not requirement to use phone to play elvenar, PC is main version and it should get all updates first, not mobile.
Where is the dislike button when you need it.
When I started playing I saw an advertisement about the Elvenar app, so I didn't know that there is a browser game too

Enevhar Aldarion

I do have a phone with buttons, so no Elvenar app there. And i hate emulator so much, that i'll never install it again. So no daily gifts for me.

Phone version of elvenar resource usage is growing ~ at the same rate as web one. Phone that could handle it smoothly 2 years ago now lagging so much that I prefer not to use it if I can...

It's not requirement to use phone to play elvenar, PC is main version and it should get all updates first, not mobile.

Except the mobile version is getting better and better, and may soon surpass the browser version. And even if it does not in some areas, like combat, mobile is the way of the future. More and more people own smart phones and tablets, instead of PCs of any kind. The future of this type of game is mobile, while browser-based gaming is a dying breed. The end of Flash was just the latest nail in the coffin of browser gaming.

CrazyWizard

Except the mobile version is getting better and better, and may soon surpass the browser version. And even if it does not in some areas, like combat, mobile is the way of the future. More and more people own smart phones and tablets, instead of PCs of any kind. The future of this type of game is mobile, while browser-based gaming is a dying breed. The end of Flash was just the latest nail in the coffin of browser gaming.
PC gamers are on a surge atm, but thats not really the audience of alevenar atm.
that said with covid-19 PC use at home is going trough the roof, for the past year all processor and graphic card makers cannot print enough money (read make products) to statisfy demand. there is a reason PC components sell for sometimes triple the cost of new products simply because the makers simply cannot produce enough of them

Where there was 1 old laptop in a home last year now they have a laptop/pc 1-2 for work. and 1 for each kid for schooling on distance.

This will resonate for years to come.
So both the browser and mobile will be important in the years to come. something are also way to tedious to do on a phone. it it takes us 2-3 hours to rearrange a city on a PC it will take a multiplication of hours on a mobile. there is no way around that. so just for that mobile users willrun to a PC once they figure that one out.

SlyLady

Too bad people on a PC get left out of all the good stuff. We don't get daily gifts and it takes us FOREVER to visit and help all of out neighbors on the globe.
Yes, but if you ever buy diamonds, you get a much better deal on PC than those that use mobile. Same deal, same day, same price, more diamonds on PC than mobile.

Martia

it it takes us 2-3 hours to rearrange a city on a PC it will take a multiplication of hours on a mobile. there is no way around that. so just for that mobile users willrun to a PC once they figure that one out.
I doubt that for me, I will not buy a pc just to play Elvenar. I have a tablet and that works fine.
It would be good, if PC and App version would get the same functionality, but not just only PC players first. Every player, if PC or App counts the same.

Enevhar Aldarion

It would be good, if PC and App version would get the same functionality, but not just only PC players first. Every player, if PC or App counts the same.

One of the problems with this, and why one gets something sooner than the other, is that the app and browser have separate dev teams. And even when they both work on the same project, some things just work better sooner on one or the other, so one gets it first. And then there are some things they claim they just cannot get to work on mobile, like manual fighting. For the people who hate the app, I think that is their primary reason.

CrazyWizard

Yes, but if you ever buy diamonds, you get a much better deal on PC than those that use mobile. Same deal, same day, same price, more diamonds on PC than mobile.
Blame google / apple who ask for 30% of your revenue instead of the regular 1-2% or smaller that payment providers ask.
They prohibit app makers to use other payment providers then themselves and then make them pay maffia like extorsion fees.
Apple even forbids any mention to any place where you can buy outside the app store, and forces you to use the same price on every platform. (I am amazed that elvenar evaded that rule so far, most likely because there is no mention anywhere of this. except that you can see it of you use both platforms and they never comment on this)

There is a reason there is a huge monopoly lawsuit atm between the giants apple and epic games. (maker of fortnite e.o.)
Not that epic games is holier than the pope, but you need money to battle money.

What effort does apple / google make to ask for billions! (yes some companies pay billions) to them to have the app on the app store / google play.

For example these are the earnings of money certain games that apple / google did not make but extorted this amound of money from.

Honor of Kings ~3 billion payed to apple/google
Monster Strike: ~3 billion payed to apple/google
Puzzle & Dragons ~2.6 billion payed to apple/google
Clash of Clans ~2.3 billion payed to apple/google
Pokemon Go ~2.1 billion payed to apple/google
Candy Crush ~1.9 billion payed to apple/google
PUBG ~1.7 billion payed to apple/google

Welcome to the maffia, thats why apple / google is so much worth on the stock market, there profits are insane, it's like a printing press where you have to put almost no effort in, but get max revenue. and where google has some leviating policies, apple is the worst offender of the 2. google is the local crook, apple is the costra nostra on steroids.

Inno-games refuses to pay that fee, so as an app user you choose, pay that fee yourself, or use the PC.

Enevhar Aldarion

Blame google / apple who ask for 30% of your revenue instead of the regular 1-2% or smaller that payment providers ask.

The percent less you get when buying is nowhere near 30%. The smallest purchase of $5 in the US gets you 500 diamonds on browser and 440 diamonds in the app. That is a 12% difference.

Karvest

I don't play manual battles on PC (too lazy for that), but even auto battle animation take ages on the app... And I won't ever try to relocate anything in my city on app...

CrazyWizard

The percent less you get when buying is nowhere near 30%. The smallest purchase of $5 in the US gets you 500 diamonds on browser and 440 diamonds in the app. That is a 12% difference.
1617491162844.png
1617491174592.png

Its 30% in my game, maybe because the dollar is semi worthless atm? thank your former president for that ;)

They had to make this difference otherwise an app would have been impossible. imagine PC users switching to google/apple on there phone because of ease of use. no need to open your bank app / payment solution, just a 1 click payment in the app instead

They would have instantly lost 30% of there revenue because they had made an app.
That enough for most companies to need restructuring (aka many people loose there jobs) or go bankrupt.
It would have made absolutely no sense to even make an app.

This is the stranglehold those 2 companies currently hold over the market.
Hopefully the lawsuit will lead to new legislation where google / apple have to allow third party stores on there products, just like microsoft was forced to not by default install internet explorer on there platform.

They used monopolistic tactics to make sure no other competitors could build a working browser on a PC. (like for example first kill netscape and then once you have market dominance use propriatary techniques in your browsers that competitors can't legally recreate so that any website made for the dominant browser would not work on any competitors browser without flaws)

Because these 2 companies have a duopoly and use integration to keep competitors out (ex. google maps will not work without the play store and with the playstore no other store is allowed) they can extort prices from app makers that make absolutely no sense.

btw for smaller app makers since the lawsuit they are already changing there tune, rates have dropped from 30% to 15% if you make under 1 million dollar revenue.
but small appmakers only make up 2% of the stores revenue, so essentially it's a farce

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

@CrazyWizard hate to tell you, but on Beta, buying from the US, I get the same 630 diamonds for $5 in browser and 440 for $5 in the app, so the EU players are still being screwed over, at least on Beta, because with the exchange rate, you should be paying less or me more. The 500, or 440, for $5 is on the US servers. Do you have the same 630 on both Beta and your Live server?

CrazyWizard

@CrazyWizard hate to tell you, but on Beta, buying from the US, I get the same 630 diamonds for $5 in browser and 440 for $5 in the app, so the EU players are still being screwed over, at least on Beta, because with the exchange rate, you should be paying less or me more. The 500, or 440, for $5 is on the US servers. Do you have the same 630 on both Beta and your Live server?

I'll guess the prices are based on where your phone is registered.
Since most US players do not play on lets say the german server but on the US server i'll guess it makes sense that you get a discount as a "poor american" ;)

And me as a rich european I am paying top dollar for 440 diamonds on the US server.
It's probebly a limitation of the payment system from apple/google.

Yet the US server pays a lot more for the same diamonds. most likely because the conversion rate is not that great atm.
the dollar is 15% lower than the euro atm.

Lovec Krys

More and more people own smart phones and tablets, instead of PCs of any kind.
Their problem, not mine.
I can live without the few things which are on mobile Elvenar and are not in a browser Elvenar.
And my PC has much better computing power, much bigger screen and much better control (mouse+keyboard (+ other possible controllers if you want them)) and you can do much more things on PC than on a phone.
I can even have my Elvenar open while playing other (windowed) game and watching some movie/series at the same time (thx. to the PC's big computing power and big screen), now try to do this on a mobile phone.

Martia

Their problem, not mine.
I can live without the few things which are on mobile Elvenar and are not in a browser Elvenar.
And my PC has much better computing power, much bigger screen and much better control (mouse+keyboard (+ other possible controllers if you want them)) and you can do much more things on PC than on a phone.
I can even have my Elvenar open while playing other (windowed) game and watching some movie/series at the same time (thx. to the PC's big computing power and big screen), now try to do this on a mobile phone.
And I can play Elvenar anywhere, on vacation on the beach, on the go during a break, good luck doing this with your PC. But that is not the point. I only wrote in this thread because one player said that new features and improvements should first be made for PC players. I do not think so. Both the app and the PC are important, both have their advantages and disadvantages. And I can't stand it that some people seem to think they're better or more important just because they play on the PC

Last edited:

Beta Shalamar

what stops you from using both?

Why would you as a PC user limit yourself to only a PC. we all have a phone.
Not every phone user has a PC. but I do not know any PC user without a phone.

Everyone may have a phone but not everyone has a SMART phone. Some of us old timers are still stuck in the last century. LOL

CrazyWizard

Everyone may have a phone but not everyone has a SMART phone. Some of us old timers are still stuck in the last century. LOL

sure some ancient mummies still live in anoter century.
Where I am from most oldies do have a smart phone and if not they own a tablet (because they think it's not as complicated as a smart phobe lol)

The breed without a (smart)phone/tablet is dying out quickly and in many cases can't use any phone anyway because there to old do do anything.
those born around WWII era are very few now, and there children have adapted and use smart phones now.