• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

Karvest

Chapter 7 is a pretty low level, and even there if you want to get more provinces - you can.
Btw, scouting by clear rings was never a good strategy. It's always better to open more provinces for relics you need / discover more active neighbors.

Pauly7

My Beta city is also in early chapter 7. I've scouted more or less what I needed to without going beyond. I have 143 provinces, so I guess on average that's 16 provinces of the majority and 15 of a couple.

Karvest

You are supposed to have at least 130, that's the bare minimum. And not supposed to stay at this level while progressing though the chapter. You spend most of the time at the beginning building and upgrading settlement buildings, and once they are fully upgraded you should be far past the half of your way to next chapter province limit.

Aeva

Well, if you explore in an odd direction, instead of doing one ring at a time, you will get some relic types with higher numbers. Plus, all 9 boosts do not earn all 9 types of provinces equally. There will be variation between people because of that. I only had 14 Dust provinces available last week and I am at the 130 provinces needed to open chapter 7, but I still have several provinces to do in the ring I am working on, including a few more dust, so I could have had 16+ dust at the expense of the other types. But any point in the game where the number of provinces needed does not equal the completion of a ring, there will be variation. Based on this, there is no way for someone not over-scouting to have 16+ provinces available in all 9 types at the start of chapter 7.
I really have no clue where you got that information from. I checked in a very simple way: just counting the lot. And I am scouting ring 8 (yellow provinces) in a row with gems and scrolls. Hence I have 15 from both I am scouting gems since that is the next tournamant. Dust and elixer I have 18 (that row is finished) and all the others 17. My region is nicely beehive shaped as it should.

Aeva

And @Karvest is right. If you have less then 130 provinces you cannot enter the life of fairy's. Orcs is 160 by the way, so I need another 10 provinces scouted at least while in this chapter.

Enevhar Aldarion

I really have no clue where you got that information from. I checked in a very simple way: just counting the lot. And I am scouting ring 8 (yellow provinces) in a row with gems and scrolls. Hence I have 15 from both I am scouting gems since that is the next tournamant. Dust and elixer I have 18 (that row is finished) and all the others 17. My region is nicely beehive shaped as it should.

I am also in ring 8, with 130 total provinces done and 14 more in ring 8 to scout and complete. I am boosted in Planks, Silk, and Gems and have completed all of those through ring 8. My 130 completed give me a range between 12 and 17 completed provinces for each of the 9 relics. I could have paid more attention and kept them more even, which would have been 4 types with 15 completed provinces and 5 types with 14 completed, or zero at 16+. Plus, you are part way into chapter 7, not sitting at the chest on Advanced Scouts, which is what I have been talking about, so your numbers do not match the conversation.

galrond

"16" is high? Do I live in a different universe?
Yes
To the wast majority 16 is indeed hig:hwink:

Two and a half months and 87 pages of comment posts later and basically nothing changed. I think most of us agree that some sort of change was long overdue for the tournament, most are pleased with the one click situation what everybody complains about is the absurd formula used to calculate the Squad Size, SS, in the tournament.
We will be bringing a change to the next Tournament's (tomorrow's) fighting difficulty, especially on higher provinces (16+; or 15 with more than one star completed already), but already starting with some minor adjustments at province 8 (or 7 with more than one star completed).
I'm not sure the developers see anything wrong with this system. They may very well see this as "working as intended", hence a minor tweak here and there.
A long time has passed since the changes hit beta.
Some feedback was given.
Some modifications have been made to the SS-formular (lowering premium expantion weight)
The changes hit UK servers.
Some feedback was given.
Some minor changes has been made to difficulty in some provinces.
It seems to me, that INNO is satisfied with the formular, and now focus on minor adjustments in provinces.
SO WHY THE F... DON´T THEY RELEASE IT TO THE REST OF THE LIVE WORLDS!!!!!!!?
Those minor changes can be made even if it have been rolled out to live.
They do minor changes on live all the time.
We all know it is comming at a point.
Some look forward to it, others fear it, but all wonder: what is takeing them so long?
My live FS(s) are as exited as racehorses right before the start.
Will we be able to get any of the bonuschests?
Will I personally be able to score more or less, and how much?
Will it hit live this week?
But by now the feeling of INNO crying wolf is creaping in:mad:
We understand, that INNO want to test it to avoid major changes soon after release.....
But is´t about time, that they come with what they got!
If their plan is to wait to marble, so it comes at the beginning of the cycle... ok.
If their plan is to wait, so it doesn´t colide with FA.... ok.
But to wait untill all cosmetic/ minor changes are made..... That´s just plain out lam:ewhat:
So plz INNO: tell us when does it come to live?

Richord

well, let's see if I can get some 2nd lvl's done this time (a nice amount)-to see what's up with this update. fingers crossed...

So plz INNO: tell us when does it come to live?

hopefully not for a looooooong time, first it needs to work again...

Dony

King of Bugs
New difficulties
tournament v3.JPG

Enevhar Aldarion

New difficulties

If all those enemy squad percentages are for the 1st star of each province, the 1st star of province 22 is equal to the 6th star of province 17, or 159%. That is not bad to be able to do all 6 stars of the first 17 provinces and have every fight be easier than the 160% of all the 6th stars in the old system. That adds up to a very nice 4590 points. And if your goal is to do every star in any province that is 160% or lower, that adds another 570 points, or a total of 5160 points.

Pauly7

It's a little tweak to make the difficulty easier in the mid-range provinces. That's fine, but for me I couldn't really care whether it gets a bit easier or a bit harder. It seems to me it's just a way to deflect from not having to address the real problems with the formula. I really don't mind how hard it is because it's the same for everyone. I just don't want a system where Ancient Wonders are hurting us and progress is counter-productive.

DeletedUser1953

If all those enemy squad percentages are for the 1st star of each province, the 1st star of province 22 is equal to the 6th star of province 17, or 159%. That is not bad to be able to do all 6 stars of the first 17 provinces and have every fight be easier than the 160% of all the 6th stars in the old system. That adds up to a very nice 4590 points. And if your goal is to do every star in any province that is 160% or lower, that adds another 570 points, or a total of 5160 points.
Do not forget even people that do 5k+ do rarely 6 stars (except on the 9-), we do mainly 5 stars (145%) on a lot province not 160% ^^, even the 5 stars can be very hard on some old tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karvest

That is not bad to be able to do all 6 stars of the first 17 provinces and have every fight be easier than the 160% of all the 6th stars in the old system. That adds up to a very nice 4590 points. And if your goal is to do every star in any province that is 160% or lower, that adds another 570 points, or a total of 5160 points.
Except the fact that most players stop at 5* due to almost useless personal rewards of 10+ provinces 6*

Enevhar Aldarion

Do not forget even people that do 5k+ do rarely 6 stars (except on the 9-), we do mainly 5 stars (145%) on a lot province not 160% ^^, even the 5 stars can be very hard on some old tournament.

Except the fact that most players stop at 5* due to almost useless personal rewards of 10+ provinces 6*

Then it is sad that some players are selfish and think more about themselves than about helping their fellowship in the tournament.

Karvest

Those who are at the point where they need to decide either to take useless 6* or more provinces to 5* are already contributing more then average needed for 10 chests. That has nothing to do with selfishness, just optimal resource usage... same as it was way more profitable to add a bunch of provinces up to 2* instead of gathering more stars in old tourney version. Which now transformed into getting only 2-3 more provinces up to 2*, making a lot of players to spend their resources in not optimal way they used to in old mechanics until they understand this nuance.