• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.25 + Tournaments rebalancing

SoggyShorts

OK, I guess if you were saving a unit or 2 per battle due to rounding in your favor you might lose that now....:rolleyes:

But.... doesnt that also happen when you attack the enemy?

CrazyWizard

Cater costs have been altered to keep the balance between fighters and traders.

And how do you balance a fighting trader? exactly, not.
It's not a contest between bill gates, warren buffet and carlos slim who had the deepest pockets, but a battle between Alexander the Great, Julius Ceasar and Hannibal Barca. there fame came from the battlefield, but had some deep pockets as well.

DeletedUser1513

OK, I guess if you were saving a unit or 2 per battle due to rounding in your favor you might lose that now....:rolleyes:

But.... doesnt that also happen when you attack the enemy?
It's mainly at the end of the fights it will make a difference.
And indeed it is only maybe 1% difference. But people have to spend maybe 1000 KP's to improve the strength 1%, so for me it's not neglectable.

DeletedUser1882

Ok needed points per chest are changed to:

I am keeping some reserve, somehow these files feel like there incorrect.
40K points in total for the last chest?

My guess would be that those totals are the number for each new chest - making the total required 152k points. That's actually slightly lower than the 7th chest in the current system. My fellowship on US2 has reached the 7th chest, so this seems accessible, assuming that the points for province completion are the same as always.

DeletedUser1777

DeletedUser1596

Don't think it will save time at all.
bigger squad sizes will result in bigger losses, sure if you use autobattle. So the possible gain will be crushed by the pain to need to play much more battles manually.

We know, that the number of battles are halved. The rest.. we don't know yet. Let's wait until we try it.

This change is all about money (like all changes from INNO). So they want you to have more losses, and increase the group pressure from the fellowships hoping you'll spend more diamonds.

No.

CrazyWizard

My guess would be that those totals are the number for each new chest - making the total required 152k points. That's actually slightly lower than the 7th chest in the current system. My fellowship on US2 has reached the 7th chest, so this seems accessible, assuming that the points for province completion are the same as always.

It's more likely that they dropped the "province" bonus, 40k is the end number, the live server has on the spot of the 40k number the number 440k
this fits with most of there announcements that you no longer "need" round 6.

Could someone tell me where all those detailed informations come from?
Maybe I'm blind but didn't find anything in (outdated) Wiki, neither in the announcement from Inno...

The twice as big armies come from the announcements.

The other data from the files your computer downloads to play this game, you just have to know how to find and read them.

DeletedUser1657

@Caanna Something to remember is the balance in tournaments between combat and catering went out of balance at the time of the combat update. It was stated many times more manual fighting was required and had increased the time/difficulty. They addressed difficulty a little a while back and have only now tried to address time. So this "advantage" to fights is not one at all and simply trying to return them back to par. It also has a slight help to a person catering as you also have 1/2 the number of clicks that you did before, the more tournaments you do the more this will help.

Will be interesting to see how this looks when the tournaments start.

DeletedUser

I wished they fixed the wisdom square/apprentice bug first instead of designing some stupid new load screen (which I don't like at all, rather have the old one). :(

CrazyWizard

I wished they fixed the wisdom square/apprentice bug first instead of designing some stupid new load screen (which I don't like at all, rather have the old one). :(

1 small problem, most artists can't code and most coders aren't artists.
so I think it's not that smart to tell them to do the other persons job ;)

That said, I dont like the new load screen either, maybe the rpoblem is it was made by a coder ;)

DeletedUser1777

as a human you get a different startscreen - wouldn't say it's much better :rolleyes:

upload_2017-2-27_21-40-43.png

upload_2017-2-27_21-42-24.png

DeletedUser1721

I'm not even sure exactly what I would say is wrong with her, just that something looks off. Her neck seems a bit too long, her breasts seem a bit too balloonlike on top... her waist reminds me more of a treetrunk than anything humanoid. But that doesn't feel like the only things wrong.

DeletedUser1657

I would like to know when we get those main halls in the game ;):rolleyes: They look good and I don't feel any of the levels so far match up to those pictures.

Sir Squirrel

I will wait and see how it goes, I like that there is only 4 encounters, but with the double the troop size, just means we won't be able to auto fight as far as we did, so we will have to manually fight battles earlier, which might not save us a ton time over all. For those that negotiate the time stays constant (cost will increase though), but for those of us that fight, the bigger squad sizes earlier on will cost us a little more in troop losses (especially with auto-battle) and possibly more time to manually fight (we will have to wait and see). I would also like to note that someone that negotiates, never has the encounter say "Sorry your goods got lost or stolen, now you have to fight the encounter", but those that fight, lose all our troops every once and a while (get defeated) and then still end up having to negotiate.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1657

I like that there is only 4 encounters, but with the double the troop size, just means we won't be able to auto fight as far as we did, so we will have to manually fight battles earlier, which might not save us a ton time over all.
Having the AI update so close to this will be harder to assess particularly if we are struggling as it could be related to one or both of the updates.

For those that negotiate the time stays constant (cost will increase though)

I have a couple towns that negotiate tournaments and this will halve their time :) Might not be significant as a linear measure but percent wise it should be 50%, unless I take longer to debate it cause I can now see it costs 20K goods instead of lots of smaller amounts equal to 20K.:p:eek:

I would like to thank @Marindor and team for the work in respect to the tournament update. While we are still assessing the outcomes it is a clear example of players providing feedback and a response, hopefully a positive one. :rolleyes:

Sir Squirrel

I meant constant through out all the tourney provinces and levels, where as those of us that fight can use auto-battle at the beginning, but must fight at the higher levels and further out, which takes longer, quite a bit longer. Sorry I didn't explain that better.