• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Valentine's Event

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement for our Valentine's Event here. We are very curious for your feedback, so please let us know what you think about the event in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

DeletedUser1882

I looked at the balance of the prizes just now. On the live servers, I can be quite sure that I will not even bother to place the Gaelagil's Balcony prize unless the stats are rebalanced upward.

The population density is similar to that of the Woodelves' Habitat (which is already an inefficient use of space) and the culture is only a touch better. Combined with the lack of mana production, this prize seems utterly useless (which is not to say worthless - some may find it pretty).

Burukbrak's Bridge of Love will get placed, but it is only about 15% better culture/square than mana fountains, and it lacks the mana production too.

Both prizes seem VERY weak in comparison with the prizes from the Snow Flurry event, the Halloween event, and others.

Deleted User - 60107

Let's not forget that we're likely to get a new guest race soon, with even better cultural buildings. But by then we will already have the event buildings with (at best) values for the Woodelves chapter, so they will get outdated even faster.

DeletedUser1877

Compared to whaat some have, perhaps the prizes are weak. However, many many players weren't here for the Halloween event, haven't reached swarves, etc. and to them the prizes are not looking weak.

So, to the devs, Thank You, looks to be fun.

DeletedUser283

devs have a weird concept of romance :p ;
everything starts smooth and cool, and all of a sudden, "scout a province":eek:
you guys serious ?o_O
56 hours ! that's what it is, so please stop claiming that we scouted too far, because you are the ones who made us do it in the first place !:mad:

Heymrdiedier

Let's not forget that we're likely to get a new guest race soon, with even better cultural buildings. But by then we will already have the event buildings with (at best) values for the Woodelves chapter, so they will get outdated even faster.
that new guest race will probably come with a new use for the blueprints, making event buildings upgradeable. And it wouldnt suprise me if these rewards suddenly become good in the next chapter :)

DeletedUser1677

Anybody else experiencing that the exclamation mark at the "complete all the valentines quests" stays?
I should probably make a thread, but too much work for a graphic fail :p

sunrae

What is a Horse-puncher?o_O Sounds cruel
Well I looked it up and the only thing Google came up with is someone who punches horses!!!! Why are we helping someone who punches horses in his romantic quest? This is baffling:eek::(

Last edited:

Elderflower

What is a Horse-puncher?o_O Sounds cruel
Well I looked it up and the only thing Google came up with is someone who punches horses!!!! Why are we helping someone who punches horses in his romantic quest? This is baffling:eek::(
Maybe romance will cause him to mend his ways.

DeletedUser880

I am very disappointed with the special reward buildings on offer - the population building is significantly worse than those on offer at Haloween. There were only 17 quests then compared with 23 this time making the full questline more difficult to achieve. Surely the rewards should at least match those from previous questlines if they are to be any use in our cities.

Haloween buildings -
Daunting Pumpkins - 3500 culture - size 4*3 - 233 culture per square
Scream of Haloween - 2900 culture & population - size 5*4 - 145 culture & population per square

Valentines buildings -
Burukbraks Bridge of Love - 2200 culture - size 3*3 - 244 culture per square (a small increase which is fine)
Gaelagil's Balcony - 720 culture & 240 population - size 3*2 - 120 culture & 40 population per square (a reduction in culture and massive reduction in population)

I think the developers need to look at the stats for the balcony as anyone trying to build an efficient city will never chose to put it in their cities.

(Calculations were right but buildings sizes shown are now correct)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser607

you got the numbers mixed up.
the gaelagils balcony is 3x2

but it doesn't change much, the balcony is just less useless ;-)

DeletedUser1877

OK, serious question. One of the awards (so far) is a rune shard. If a player has not yet researched AWs, are shards stored until he/she can use them?

DeletedUser1665

The beginning of the event seems to be made for new players so far:

1. Gain 1000 coins reward 1 Relic
2. Buy 1 Knowledge Point reward 1 Relic
3. Produce Beverages 1 Time reward 1 Relic
4. Gain 1000 supplys reward 1 KP
5. Produce Simple Tools 2 times reward 1 Relic
6. Gain 7000 coins reward 1 Relic
7. Spend 3knowledgepoints reward 1 Relic
8. Scout 1 Province reward 1 KP and 1 Rune
9. Gain 8 Relis reward 1 Magical Manufacturing Spell
10. Solve 10 Encounters or Buy 10 KP reward 1 relic
11. Produce Power of Provision Spell 2 times reward 1 relic

Edit Marindor: I placed your quests in spoiler tags. Please don't spoil the fun for other players who want to keep the event a surprise. Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator: