• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.4 + Tournaments

DeletedUser651

Ok...then can you unlock level 6 with time? With it not depending on your neighbors?

DeletedUser

talking about the levels in each province, not the checkpoints. Each province has 6 levels, so you can complete it 6 times. This has nothing to do with the checkpoints that you need your neighbours to help with

DeletedUser651

Then this isn't going to work with the neighbor situation being what it is.

Can we change it? Fellowships might be able to help each other reach these checkpoints. That would make fellowships stronger. If you depend on neighbors, we have no chance.

No one likes unattainable goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1345

I am guessing that in nine weeks, when the province tournament returns you will be able to continue where you left off. I am receiving a generous amount of relics, 66 in one day. Just doing the first round. The next level is the same or more. With six levels, giving rewards, I don't think that is going to be made available every nine weeks.

DeletedUser651

We shouldn't need to guess. That is a good question Spinster. Goryn, is Spinster right? Is that how it is going to happen?

DeletedUser

in theory, it is totally possible for a player to complete all provinces available to him and all 6 levels in a week. So, if progress is not reset for each tournament, after 9 weeks that player has nothing else to do in the tournament. I doubt that will be the case.
Also, considering they said the points will be reset after each tournament, i don't see how they can save the progress you have made until the next time that type of province is available in the tournament.
However, a confirmation of these mechanisms would be apreciated.

DeletedUser629

I will have to get back on that question because at this moment i don´t know whether the score will be saved until the next time players get the same province type, or not.

Scores are reset after each week, so at the moment it looks like players will have to start from scratch again.

DeletedUser651

I have a question. This seems like a lot of boosted relics to hand out. If we can get this many every week? We will be making tens of thousands of goods an hour if this continues. Can this be right?

DeletedUser1345

While we are asking questions. Will mercenary units, when they are available, be able to be used in tournaments? As the fights get progressively harder, I am going to want every edge I can get. While I am not certain how the units will perform, I am assuming they will give some advantages.

DeletedUser

Why wouldn't the release notes be accompanied by conciliatory explanation? Something like, "The Provincial Tournaments are designed for future development. While there are features current players will enjoy, some features cannot be fully enjoyed by players without active neighborhoods. Please participate in active play and help us with feedback and debugging. Since it's unlikely that players will be able to wine Rune Shards, we'll be awarding these as gifts to participants".

DeletedUser

On the US server on the main world Arendyll, we have 72000 cities. 16,000 of them have zero points. 50,000 of them have under 500 points. If you count a city that has a trader, we are down to 10,000. Of those, half have players that quit. That is maybe 5000 people playing spread out over 72000 cities.
Just to compare for you guys :) Polish S1 - Arendyll at peak had about 60-65k cities... But the end of first month from start came fast and that number rapidly decreased. After 2 months from start was 30k. During this time we had few times severe server problems which ended with closing registering on this server. At those times numbers lowered to about 7-8k accounts. (from over 60k!). Currently there are 18.3k players. 1k with not even 1 point, 6k under 500 points, so above is 12.3k users. Active players start from about 5k points. Most of those below are dead acconts. Over this treshold are 6.9k players. But still about approximately 50% are those who abandoned game later. From my observation people who stayed and are active at least once a day starts near position 2.5-3k. Active players quite fast reach those places.

@Goryn Now compare those numbers and realize how much deserted are players who started just before server started removing inactive players. They have maybe 2-3 players in their range. Do you think they have chances in tournament to get rewards equal or at least comparable to players near center of map? Can you say clearly and loud: "Everyone have equal chances in tournament"? I hope you are not brainwashed enough and such statements will not came out from under your fingers. Because for now neighbor problem is stinking and nobody from owners want to touch it. I also can say "I know this is a serious problem" but don't move a finger to solve it. Devs corrected problem for new players but completely abandoned deserted players. Changing algorithm is only extra step, additional to more aggressive changes. Players are too much sprayed over whole map. Minor tweaks will have no impact or it will took months, if not years, to give results. And still they will be not very visible. I know this stinks, but at some point someone will have to put hands in it and clean. Waiting for quit of all old and abandoned players on their own it not a solution.

DeletedUser651

Absolutely, thekandor, there are dead zones all around the map. That is a big problem with the tournaments. But even the cities that are surrounded with cities aren't surrounded with players.

I think we should take a poll and see if anyone can break into that 6th province. If not, then that needs to be rebalanced in the player's favor.

Question: Does everyone who fought in the province get the bonus or only the person who tips the scale over the required amount?

DeletedUser629

I have a question. This seems like a lot of boosted relics to hand out. If we can get this many every week? We will be making tens of thousands of goods an hour if this continues. Can this be right?

Let´s look at this from a new player´s perspective as tournaments will be available at the end of chapter II. New players will of course not have conquered the huge amount of provinces we have, but they will be able to get a decent amount of relics and KP from the ones they have. This will hopefully speed up the game for them thus increasing the chance of them staying around. This will be beneficial to all of us, especially the ones who are located somewhere on a deserted place on the map. Now, advanced players will of course get tons of relics and kp now, but we´ve all had to wait a long time for something to keep us busy on a daily basis, so at least we can skyrocket our boost percentage and produce a lot of goods a day.
While we are asking questions. Will mercenary units, when they are available, be able to be used in tournaments? As the fights get progressively harder, I am going to want every edge I can get. While I am not certain how the units will perform, I am assuming they will give some advantages.

As far as i know, all available units can be used in any fight.

DeletedUser651

Let´s look at this from a new player´s perspective as tournaments will be available at the end of chapter II. New players will of course not have conquered the huge amount of provinces we have, but they will be able to get a decent amount of relics and KP from the ones they have. This will hopefully speed up the game for them thus increasing the chance of them staying around. This will be beneficial to all of us, especially the ones who are located somewhere on a deserted place on the map. Now, advanced players will of course get tons of relics and kp now, but we´ve all had to wait a long time for something to keep us busy on a daily basis, so at least we can skyrocket our boost percentage and produce a lot of goods a day.

I think this is fabulous, but since day one all they have done is slow the game down. I am terribly surprised. Well, this is great news indeed.

DeletedUser

from a new player´s perspective as tournaments will be available at the end of chapter II.
Now look at our numbers... How many do you think will last to Chapter 2 and Tournaments? Problems are on early stages too and a lot of players quit even then. Ask maybe for some statistic data from database devs. Something like "Report about players inactive from a least X days and number of reached eras and techs by them". I think this can be bitter pill.
This will hopefully speed up the game for them thus increasing the chance of them staying around.
But this still not solve main problem. Even if we stop exodus, how much this speed up filling map? 10-20%? I don't think so. Why? Because you and owners don't take into account one very important thing. With tournament player have to decide what to do with their army. Conquer new provinces and lost army there or fight in tournament and sacrifice army there. Production is not from rubber and player don't have 2 or more Barracks to fill gaps in army lost in both activities. I am not sure if this aspect was raised.
This will be beneficial to all of us, especially the ones who are located somewhere on a deserted place on the map
First new players have to reach there. Wanna example? I play on pol S1 from end of June 2015. Week or two later cleaning scripts started. From that time I didn't seen any new player in radius of 20. Every few days I am loosing more and more players around or see their cities abandoned. Owners "wishes" will not help me a bit. I will not see effects of their changes even after a year, so I can easily call them fairy tales or dreams.
Now, advanced players will of course get tons of relics and kp now
Which will flood market, speed up most advanced and force them again to waiting for new content, whose rollout will took another 10-15 weeks to show up. There are currently people who already ended Faeries. What they should do now with tons of KP from tournament? Again huge time gap with spending points on other people AW?
we´ve all had to wait a long time for something to keep us busy on a daily basis
Tournaments are ok as idea, but first problem with no or inactive neighbor should be solved. Not solving it makes functionality inefficient and simply much less powerfull.
at least we can skyrocket our boost percentage and produce a lot of goods a day
Skyrocket for what? To impress someone with 4 million of goods instead of 3 million? ;) They will be still unused and stacking.
But even the cities that are surrounded with cities aren't surrounded with players.
And you have right. Whole idea with neighborhood should be rewritten. Now it is having too much bugs, flaws.

1. In order to get a rune shard, I have to unlock six levels? Is that right?
Unlock and finish, yes. And additionally you can get more when your neighbors also participate in the tournament and together you gain enough points to unlock the 6th checkpoint in the tournament province.

Ok...then can you unlock level 6 with time? With it not depending on your neighbors?
Yes.

Yes, but the production boost is capped at some point. Still quite high, though. :)

For the rest we are of course aware of how important neighbors are for this feature, and we are working on solutions for this as well. We hope to have more news in the not too distant future regarding that. :)

DeletedUser

Is there a difference in ranking points you get between fighting / negotiating? Or is it the same?

Lissona

Don't you only get ranking points (max. 100) based on the Tournaments ranking list at the end of each week?

DeletedUser1231

Great, the first tournament makes gain a rune at the 3rd level.:)

Deeply tomorrow to see what will make us gain the level 4;)

Yes, but the production boost is capped at some point. Still quite high, though. :)
In how much is capped the production boost?