• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.30

DeletedUser

Only thing i can think of in this case, is that they have some kind of Christmas event that needs this patch to work in the game, i really cant see no other reason for pushing this to the live servers so fast if is´t not that. (0,30 might be prepatching some of the stuff to the event)

DeletedUser651

Seems like your computer resources were exceeded in this case. The game noticed that and changed the settings to low.

Now I am getting the same error message. The only thing I have open on this computer is Elvenar.

DeletedUser1419

Is it only me or whot. ??
I have turn HA. off. can go visit neighbor. whit out the big problem's atm.
Only one city where i crash at. even if i start at it.

DeletedUser778

Turning HA off fixed a lot of things for me (lag in city, graphic bugs, etc), but for visting neighbours HA doesn't matter for me. I tryed visiting neighbours with it on and off and with both i have to reload the game after a couple of visits, because the the loading bar gets stuck.

DeletedUser778

Any Infos about the Hotfix (0.30.2463-v0.30-rc8-(master) (2015-12-01 11:35))today?

Edit: Haha ... wanted to test if the update fixed the world map loading issue while visting neighbours... first visit ... stuck :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Any Infos about the Hotfix (0.30.2463-v0.30-rc8-(master) (2015-12-01 11:35))today?

Edit: Haha ... wanted to test if the update fixed the world map loading issue while visting neighbours... first visit ... stuck :confused:

So they dont even have a fix for the big bug´s and lag in 0.30 and yet they make it live on all servers today, i really hope this update (0.30) has something in it, that´s needed in order to patch a Christmas/winter event they have planed... or else it´s a pretty "#¤%¤ not to hold back update 0.30 a few day´s until they get the worst lag fixed.

DeletedUser

Hello, NecroDee here.
First off, to those that might want to look me up, I don't actively play on the beta server, I play on the en server Arendyll.

Quests are in the game to give challenge to players.
Really? Then why aren't the rewards for these so-called challenges actually rewarding?

Quite frankly, all of these changes are pooping (don't want the post to be deleted, otherwise I'd use the proper term) on all of the "first-gen" players that have been with you since inception and have supported this gave via playing, financials and promoting it to others.

- players have to go back the tech tree and complete the AW research or they can't move on
Why.....just why?!?
- All repeatable quests that ask to gain Coins now have a requirement to produce Supplies as well from Chapter III on
This one is especially a slap in the face because let's face it, Inno wants us to spend more, end of story.
Currently the workshops are NOT balanced, they do NOT produce enough supplies needed to keep up which is why players would cycle the above mentioned quest. Why does Inno not want us to do this? Because it's "not meant to be played this way"? Heck no!
It's because they want us to spend diamonds on culture buildings, because if we all had 170% culture, then OF COURSE the workshops produce more than enough supplies and there is no need to cycle the supplies rewards quest.

I know I'm not the type of player that Inno likes.
I cycle quests for rewards and I don't build ANY premium (diamond) buildings and I'm still high ranked on my server. (Ranked #4 overall, and #1 out of players without premium buildings).

Previous patches, much of the same "poopage"
When AWs were introduced, the players that had 160+ provinces conquered already got the short end of the stick as well. Instead of retroactively awarding us the runes, no, we have to do it the same way the players with 40 conquered provinces do it. It's totally "cool" that it takes us 2+ days for each scout instead of the 2+ hours it takes them.
Oh wait no....you want us to BUY the runes at 200 diamonds a pop.....and we need 9 of them. Seems legit.

I don't mind supporting the game, if fact, I would love to and do.
BUT, being forced into it like this is not cool.
And I don't see the point in continuing my support for a game that is not doing anything for its SUPPORTERS.

You want a new influx of players that will also spend and not feel like they are getting the short end of the stick because they are so far behind the players that have been here longer, I get it. But you're making all of these changes that are alienating the players that have been here the longest. That is the wrong way to keep your player retention. Do you really want new players to come in and see dead servers because so many others left?
How long do you think these new players will stay then?

Regardless, telling players that have supported you since inception that they're doing it wrong is just bad mojo.

Lastly:
There were players who didn't do anything other than constantly declining repeatable quests just to get the one that was appealing to them, completed it in a few minutes, then started all over again. And again. And again. For multiple hours a day, doing nothing else in the game. This is clearly not how a game is meant to be played. There are other aspects and features. Yes, repeatable quests are repeatable for a reason, feel free to do them multiple times. Just please don't abuse them. Play other features of the game, they are there for a reason. ;)
Are you serious?
No really, was this a serious reply?
Are you really telling us that a repeatable quest should only be repeated a few times a day? And even though I can keep repeating it, I should not because that's not the "decent" thing to do?
Are you really telling us how many times a repeatable quest should be done per day?
You're either being funny or ...
IF a quest is meant to be repeatable, it's repeatable.
IF a quest is meant to be repeatable X amount of times per day, then why isn't there a threshold?
That's for the devs to decide and implement. Not for a mod to judge the player-base on it.

Those are my 2 cents...and they're Canadian.
NecroDee..

DeletedUser778

What is the difference between
Beta 0.30.2463-v0.30-rc8-(master) (2015-12-01 11:35)
and
de3 0.30.2463-v0.30-rc8-(master) (2015-12-01 11:35)

I feared the update on de3, because of all the problems I have here with stuck loadings, lag, graphic bugs etc.,
but everything is fine on de3, even with HA on...
I was really exited and turned HA also here on again, but I was immediately experiencing lag while collecting coins...
Also the stuck world map loading bar i got here (with 0.30), I am not experiencing on de3 ?!?!

Do the version numbers only look the same, but are still different?
Or is it something else, like you use bad server hardware for beta compared to the live servers?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

If you all really want suggestions to make this game better and not have it be a stupid mind numbing click fest, then have a drop down menu for the quests. Let us choose the ones we want to do when we want to do them. We make that choice anyway. Take away the tedium.

DeletedUser629

How come one server is offering games to its players and offering them diamonds and the other servers are not?

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/new-year-countdown-event.867/

We do the same thing on the Dutch server. Every Elvenar team can decide whether or not they want to host events for their players. We recently had a Halloween event on NL, and now the Christmas countdown, similar to the EN event. If you would like to have an event on US, ask for it :)

DeletedUser264

No it isn't. If we would ever have an event here on Beta similar to some live servers, we surely wouldn't ask you to spend money.
But will you ever have an event on Beta? And is it really beta or just a regular server with earlier updates? You don't really listen to our feedback. All changes we don't like go to regular servers and gather the same negative opinions as here. You don't even remove bugs reported here, before updates are introduced there. So, why don't you treat us like us like regular servers and give us events? :) :) :)

DeletedUser629

But will you ever have an event on Beta? And is it really beta or just a regular server with earlier updates? You don't really listen to our feedback. All changes we don't like go to regular servers and gather the same negative opinions as here. You don't even remove bugs reported here, before updates are introduced there. So, why don't you treat us like us like regular servers and give us events? :) :) :)

This is definitely Beta, and we do listen to your feedback. The developers however, have a tight schedule to work with, so it can happen that bugs reported on Beta find their way to the live servers. This happens when the reported bugs are not big enough to stall an update. And there are the bugs that are being removed without you knowing about it. Changes you don't like( read, stop messing with our quests) are implemented because the majority of players aren't bothered by it. The developers read your feedback, and it is up to them to do something with it. Next year we will get some cool new stuff, including players conquering provinces together. Let's face it, the main reason players complain about quests is because there is little else to do. This will all change in the near future. The game isn't even a year old yet.

When it comes to events, we will discuss this within the team.