• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Upgraded residences don't produce coins while visiting the world map

DeletedUser

Happily finally I read this thread - I was just going to post a duplicate....

I will add some information, because this happened to me under slightly different circumstances:
The upgrade of my residence finished, while I was visiting the world map (I heard the indicating sound). After returning to the city the upgraded building highlighted, when hovering, but no tooltip was shown and it was not clickable (also no coin will show over the building after 5 minutes or longer). To get the coin production started I had to relog (I didn't try moving the building - reading this from Arcael makes me remember a similar bug in FoE).

What I expected to happen:
The coin production of an upgraded residence starts immediately, when upgrading is finished.

What actually happened:
The coin production didn't start, while viewing the world map, neither after returning to the city

How often has this happened:
Quite a few times that I realised it, I remember at least 3 relogs I did because of this issue

Reproduction Steps:
1.Start an upgrade of a residence
2.Before the upgrade is finished, view the worldmap
3.When the upgrade is finished (you may wait for the indicating sound), return to the city and hover the upgraded building

Player Name: methusu
World: zz1 (Beta)
Operating System: Linux Ubuntu 12.04
Browser and Version: Google Chrome 40.0.2214.94
Screen Resolution: 1920x1280

Edit: Moving the residence for me doesn't work

DeletedUser278

Reposting here what I said in the other thread; I haven't really noticed it happening after going somewhere specific, like the world map, although that could be very possible, but I did notice specifically level 3 houses having a problem not producing after being done upgrading. I noticed this a first time late at night, they didn't produce, and I couldn't click on them either. After actually closing my browser and shutting of my computer to go sleep, it didn't do anything until I came back the next morning. It happened more then once, where they didn't produce, and I couldn't open the pop-up by clicking on it. I found I had to refresh to get it to react again. So when trying to reproduce, try using the upgrade to level 3 houses.

DeletedUser628

Thank you for the report, methusu and FantasyFan. I have tested this extensively, both with multiple upgrades of a residential house and both while doing something on the world and map and while not doing anything there, but in all cases whenever I return to the city the house is producing coin normally as expected. I am unable to reproduce your issue.

Are you still experiencing this? Or is anyone else experiencing it? Are you doing anything specific when you're on the world map, is it possible your connection has dropped in that instance or something similar?

DeletedUser278

I've only experienced this issue when upgrading to the level 3 houses, elvish houses. I have not seen it since. I don't remember doing anything specific, and it did happen several times with those level 3 houses, also I'm not aware of a lost connection. My connection is pretty stable, so given I had noticed the issue several times, it's highly unlikely there was a lost connection involved. That could maybe have happened once, but not several times.

I always have my browser open, with several tabs open (well a lot of tabs actually). Using google chrome. I may have visited the world map, or other places, and I'll definately have visited other tabs.

DeletedUser

I didn't watch it carefully after reporting, but I think it does happen furthermore, seems to be the same if viewing research tree instead of worldmap.

DeletedUser628

We haven't been able to reproduce this so at this time it's not possible to identify the issue or what's causing it. If anyone experiences it in the future please do let us know. Thank you!

DeletedUser

I was just able to test the behaviour of the game doin' the reproduction steps. It has changed, but a part of the bug is still there.

When I came back to my city, the residence produced coins and after 5 minutes I was able to collect coins (I didn't watch, if the coins were added to storage, I believe they weren't). But after 'collecting' I wasn't able to click the building. This was solved by reloading, and coins could be collected from the beginning of coin production.

DeletedUser

Today I encountered the 'old behaviour' of the bug, I was online when a residence upgrade finished (from lvl 5 to 6) but at the worldmap, the residence did not start coin production and was not clickable.