• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Culture question

DeletedUser118

I have a question about culture in this game. Unfortunately I haven't found an answer to it in the wiki.

Sometimes it happens to me, that once I add or upgrade a building, the "needed culture" increases for 100 points. Does anybody know what exactly causes this? I haven't really found out yet. Does it happen only if I add a new building or whenver I upgrade one or the size changes? I'd be very happy for an explanation.

DeletedUser

When building or upgrading a build itll "take/need" culture. You have to have the extra culture to be able to build said building.

Take a look when upgrading a building next time on what it needs before you click accept, it shows you how much culture itll use for the upgrade

DeletedUser119

The value of needed culture depends on your "working population" and your "required" culture.
So more you upgrade AND build, more you'll need culture to maintain your current level bonus.

The needed culture increase 100 by 100 because it's a rounded function.
Nobody has the exact formula, but so far for me it increases like that :