• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4624] Production collection error

DeletedUser

General Description (Overview):

What I expected to happen:

I start a workshop production and when the time for production is complete I would expect the icon to appear above the workshop. When I click on the workshop the supplies would then be collected.

What actually happened:

The production icon was above the workshop so I clicked to collect the supplies. The Icon disappeared but no good were collected. The workshop still shows that there are supplies to collect when the mouse is hovered over the workshop.

How often has this happened:

This time.

Screenshots/Additional information:

I was collecting the goods around the time that the server update took place so this may have locked the action, preventing it from completing. It may be useful to lock out all play activity whilst the server is updating even whilst performing a hot update. A page refresh corrected the error.

Reproduction Steps:

1. I suspect that this was due to the Hot Fix conflict.

Player Name: Jimmac

World: Beta Elvenar

Operating System: Windows XP

Browser and Version: Firefox 36.0

Flash Version
: 16.0.0.305

Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels 32 Bit

DeletedUser236

This usually happens when you reach capacity .. Did you check if you have room to collect the supplies? It should turn red if it's full..

ZzyUIDq.png

DeletedUser628

Thanks for the report jimmac, and thanks for the response Acamax. You may be correct that it's due to reaching the capacity, but he should have been notified he doesn't have enough capacity to collect the resources.

Missing icons/graphics not loading properly is a common occurrence of memory conflicts. Try clearing your browser's cache if you haven't yet, jimmac, see if that prevents it from happening again.

DeletedUser

Hi Acamax I have a supplies capacity of 22000 and at the time it happened I was only at about 5000 supplies so there was pleanty of room to collect the supplies (all 22 of them :) ).

Darkstar I had other workshops which activated just after I clicked to collect the workshop in question, these displayed the icon correctly and collected properly. They also went throught the setting a new quantity to collect, displayed new icon and collected the new amount. That is why I think that it was just bad luck that when I clicked to collect it was the same time that the patch was being applied this morning. That is why I suggested that game play be locked for the application of patches or it be put on hold and sent to a queue to be run in after the patch has been done. I regularly clear the cache during game play because of experiences on FoE. I also update Flash and browser at least once per week to try and prevent any such problems.

I will continue to monitor.

:)

Jimmac

DeletedUser628

I do believe there was a downtime during the path upgrade, but there's various behind-the-scenes things the developers do and might be some were done without a downtime. We'll keep trying to reproduce. Let us know if you find out more while monitoring, and if anyone else experienced something similar do post here. :)

DeletedUser

Lol Darkstar

I know the things that the Devs get up to (being a programmer and an IT Operations manager who ran 5 datacentres globally). Thats why I was familiar with the symptoms and why I suggested the placing of the actions onto a queue during the live patching operations rather than having an outage to do the change.

I will continue to monitor this.

;)

Jimmac

DeletedUser

Exactly the same thing for me : there is matter to collect, but I can't collect, and I have enough storage capacity left.
This is true for all workshops, whatever level they are and for marble manufactories too.
Steel and planks manufactories are ok.
If it can help, all was ok this morning, then I didn't play until this evening where I saw this problem.

EDIT : I quit the game and went back, and now it's OK again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser136

EDIT : I quit the game and went back, and now it's OK again
I had an issue with collecting from a Crystal manufactory... Logging out, closing my browser and starting again worked for me, too.

DeletedUser628

---Removed---

Thank you all for the extra info. :) We're investigating this further.

DeletedUser

Hi Darkstar

had the same problem again this evening. One workshop did not display the ready to collect Icon, when I hovered the mouse over the workshop it showed goods ready to collect but I could not collect them. All other workshops were ok. I refreshed the page and the ready to collect icon appeared and I could collect from this workshop. (Note it was a different workshop from this mornings one). I will continue to monitor

Jimmac

DeletedUser

As for me, it happens also to houses, not only workshops ... and not only to one, but to 4 or 5 at the same time. The workaround is: to reloade the page hoping one can pass the 'magic 64% stop-loading' limit ... :)

DeletedUser136

Ive had the same thing happen again, and this time it was exactly as @jimmac described above except with Crystal again. All my goods were set on the same cycle and when I went to collect, one said goods were ready to be collected but no finished goods icon appeared above it to actually collect. I collected the goods I could, closed out my browser (which is just a habit I've gotten into lately) and when I re-logged in, the remaining goods icon was there and those goods could be collected.

DeletedUser

Same problem this morning but with 2 different workshops. When I refresh the page I could then collect the goods.

Attachments

• Goods problem 1.JPG
    Goods problem 1.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 193
  • Goods problem 2.JPG
    Goods problem 2.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 225
  • Goods problem 3.JPG
    Goods problem 3.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 194

DeletedUser

Jepp happens to goods, workshops and residences in my city as well, I have to refresh about 10-20 times a day started happening after the last bug fixe I suppose.

Nice to see you are already investigating & good luck fixing this issue ;)

DeletedUser628

Thank you all for letting us know you're also experiencing this issue, and thanks jimmac for the screenshots. We'll report this to the devs, but if anyone has anything additional or figures out how to reproduce the issue, do let us know.

DeletedUser

Hi Darkstar

this time I had a variation which is very similar to a problem that happened on FoE about a year ago. This time the collection icon appeared and I clicked to collect it on 7 of my workshops. When I then went to reset the collection I noticed that it had the count down clock showing about 6 seconds, when this countdown finished there was no collection icon but when you hovered the mouse over the workshop it showed that there were goods to collect but I could not collect them. Again a refresh of the page showed the collection icon and I was able to collect the goods.

Jimmac

DeletedUser

This morning the problem was with the collection of one of the marble production.

Note last night I upgraded Firefox to version 36.0.1

Attachments

• Goods problem 5.JPG
    Goods problem 5.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 209

DeletedUser136

This morning the problem was with the collection of one of the marble production
Apparently you and I are just opposite on this. It happened to me about an hour ago and this time it was one supply building

XUFqsxM.png

DeletedUser628

Glad to see the bug has a sense of humor! ;) We'll keep you informed for any updates on the matter.