• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug ZZ Server Issues

DeletedUser2069

For the past few days, the server I'm on (zz1) has been flickering in and out, making it even more difficult to scroll through larger cities that I visit and taking two or three clicks on the same building to get it right. Other members of my fellowship have reported the same issue. Just wondering what's going on - half the time it feels like the game is going to crash.

Thanks in advance of any information!

Marindor

Thank you for your report. Do you mean you get a short flicker in your screen when you turn back to your game after browsing in another tab?

DeletedUser1250

Not sure if this is the same, because I have this sometimes, since a few days.
It happens for me when I stay in the game. So for example visit a fellow or neighbour. I don't know exactly when it happens, but it happens in the game itself.The game kinda flashes sometimes, sometimes half of the screen seems black for a part of a second. Sometimes the city just looks weird, like the buildings don't have their normal size. That made me think of a laughing mirror, where you look in a special kind of a mirror and suddeny look very fat, or tall or something. The buildings look very big/weird and then suddenly have the right shape/size again. It happens fast, when you started wondering what you just saw, it is already back to normal again.
Can't describe it better than this for now. I don't have this issue on the dutch server, so that makes me think it is not my own computer.
It just happened when I visited a neighbour, but visiting other neighbours went well so far.
First I thought it had to do with the total freezing of the game, which happens often when you change tabs and then return to the game. But it also happens when you don't change tabs. I hoped the freezing would have been solved and we would have the flashes now, but that's not true, both happen.

DeletedUser1250

Is it the same? I had the freezes before, but these flashes are new. It is like the game refreshes the screen, didn't have that before friday or thursday, while I had the freezes already then.

DeletedUser

Yes, I think the devs tried to implement a workaround for the freezes by refreshing the screen which result in these flashes. Unfortunately the freezes still continues.

Marindor

Let me enlighten you :D

It's about the same issue, but this is kind of a temporary solution. The problem with the freezing screens, lies with Google. They have to resolve that and we're waiting for them to do so. A lot of games have reported these problems (also outside Inno). In the mean time, we have implemented a small piece of code that gives a Flash bump every time the game has been "untouched" for a couple of seconds, so Flash gets sort of "reactivated", which also resolves the screen freezing in most cases. When this happens, you see the screen flashing shortly. Please do note that it doesn't always work (but in a lot of cases it does) and that it's not a permanent fix on our side, but more a quick way to "fool" the browser until Google has come up with a solution ;)