• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Zoom in/out bug

DeletedUser209

I think this might be my first bug that is neither a duplicate nor 'notabug'.

How to reproduce:
go to your city, zoom in or out, go to world map or research menu, zoom out or in (depending what you did earlier, if you first zoomed in then zoom out in research tab or world map), go back to your city and press the 'zoom' button in the right corner menu (near settings etc.)
what I expected to happen:
I expected my city to either zoom in or out
what happened:
nothing

how to fix it:
just remove the option to zoom in and out when you leave your city as it's not needed and it causes this bug.

DeletedUser

For me the button seams to default to 'Zoom In' when you return to the city view if you are already zoomed in. This is definitely wrong. But I have not been able to make it come up wrong when I am zoomed out.

DeletedUser628

It seems the first click after you do your steps "fixes" the zoom icon, and the second click works just fine. Can you try that please? If that doesn't work (the second click on the zoom in/zoom out icon), can you let us know which browser you're using?

Reproduction Steps:
1. Zoom in* in city;
2. Visit map or research, zoom out;
3. Return to city;
4. Click on zoom in/zoom out icon. First click changes the icon, but does not affect the zoom at all. The second click works fine.

* It's possible to do the reproduction steps if all the zooming is reversed (zoom out where it says zoom in in the steps, and vise versa).

P.S. You've also had this thread, which is a confirmed issue. :)

DeletedUser209

It seems the first click after you do your steps "fixes" the zoom icon, and the second click works just fine. Can you try that please? If that doesn't work (the second click on the zoom in/zoom out icon), can you let us know which browser you're using?

Reproduction Steps:
1. Zoom in* in city;
2. Visit map or research, zoom out;
3. Return to city;
4. Click on zoom in/zoom out icon. First click changes the icon, but does not affect the zoom at all. The second click works fine.

* It's possible to do the reproduction steps if all the zooming is reversed (zoom out where it says zoom in in the steps, and vise versa).

P.S. You've also had this thread, which is a confirmed issue. :)
I'm using opera and the bug keeps appearing. nothing is being fixing, although sometimes the bug won't work.

the bug I reported was 'notabug' and the confirmed one was discovered in a discussion.

DeletedUser

I use Firefox v36.0.1
Today this is not happening for me.
The moon must be in the right phase today. :p