• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Wrong mouse grafic

DeletedUser

-- double I think,... I merged it with a similar problem--

1. Go outside the game as example switch to firefox to read something
2. click back to Elvenar
3. if you click with the first click into the game you see there a wrong mouse, but the right tooltip <-> (this happens not always. actually I don`t know the wrong trigger)
4. if you click once again, the right mouse grafic is shown but not always

http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/no-mouseover-info-when-icon-appears.745/
shows a similar thing... chrome is the same browser, I think that the problem is the same

Browser:Chrome Version 40.0.2214.111 m
Player: Denali
Server: Beta
Res: 1980 x 1020
Win 8.1
RAM: 16 GB
CPU: i7-4700MQ
GPU: HD 4600 / GTX 770M
Samsung SSD

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Denali! Thanks for reporting this :)
I am not certain at the moment that this is the same bug as in the report you linked to, so I will leave them as 2 separate reports for now.

I cannot at the moment reproduce this issue, so if you figure out the circumstances under which it is happening, please do let us know. Also if anyone else can reproduce this issue, please post here.

DeletedUser

Okay,
I made a screenshot as argument, but the print command kills the mouse grafic completelly, so I am proofless :-(. I have detected if I write something in a different browser (at the moment), the fault is not actice. It depends what you do.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Yes, the fact that you cannot screenshot a cursor is a real pain when investigating this kind of issue :(
Is it possible for you to make a video? Most video formats do show the cursor :)

DeletedUser

wrongpen.JPG
wrongpen2.JPG

To get this wrong grafic, it is the best way (highest chance) to do something like opening an other program and than go back to Elvenar. The wrong grafic is not always the same. <-> grafic is also possible

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks Denali :)

Confirmed - if anyone can figure out the exact steps to reproduce this issue consistently, please post here.

DeletedUser

I can reproduce (almost the same problem) in my situation..

when I activate the focus on my 2nd display (resolution: 1920*1200) and then return to my first display (resolution: 2560*1440, browser: Google Chrome)
My cursor changes to:
iXHtVHl.png

The work-around in my case is to right click 1 time on the game-page.

It has nothing to do with the content on the 2nd display. First I thought that it happened because Opera was active on the 2nd screen.
Tested it with an empty 2nd display... 1 click on that display and returning back to the game already causes the cursor change.
With the game open in IE / Firefox on my 1st display, it gives no problems so far.
You have to look at Chrome (built-in flash) for the solution I think .. :p

[Update 11-04-2015 - 15:24]
Since a couple of days I play Elvenar on my second screen (1920*1200).
The problem occurs very often right now (tested in Opera and Chrome) when I slide from 1 screen to the other and vice versa. I don't think it's a different resolution (between the 2 screens) issue because I set both screens to 1920*1200 and the problem arises also.

When I slide a couple of times from screen to screen, the cursor graphic looks OK again. But if I do this too many times, it changes back to the wrong cursor / graphic.

Hope I've helped you a little further on finding the problem.. Good luck guys! :)

Last edited by a moderator: