• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented World map ideas/how to find players on the map.

DeletedUser278

I sometimes would like to know where on the map a player is located. For example, I see a player always offer trades that interest me, I might want to go see where they are located so I know if I can discover them... Or it's because I know someone.

Anyways, right now I can't find a way to find where a player is located on the map, other then search myself silly. I can look for them in the ranking list, and visit them from there, but when leaving I go back to my own town, so I still don't know where they are.

The easy solution would be, when you leave a town you are visiting, and go back to the world map, the map will remain focussed on the town you visited, in stead of going back to your own town. After all we have a button to refocus on our own town, so you can always find your way back. And with this solution, you can actually try to figure out where that player is.

Another option would be a search option on the map. So that you can type a player's name and are taken to where that player is located.

In all cases, and even when just exploring around the map randomly, I think it would be useful if there were an arrow pointing in the direction your own town is in. With that, and the above ideas, the world map becomes much more usable.

DeletedUser252

+1.
Btw; you can type a players name and vite him, but then you still don't know where he is located

DeletedUser

I'd love this!
Since a player might be quite far away, perhaps when you're on their map location, there could be an arrow or line or compass or something at all showing in what direction your own village is?
This could even be a regular feature on the map :) No matter where you are or what you do on the map (visiting someone else or just scrolling around), there'd be an arrow pointing towards your own village.

DeletedUser43

+1 for the idea to find players on the map.
And to be complete: in an earlier thread (click), more people missed a feature like this in the game. This new thread is a nice addition to the old one, because it has new and concrete ideas :)

DeletedUser

I'm sure we will be able to find each other more easily in the near future ^^

DeletedUser

Good that I found this thread, just had the same idea +1 for sure :)
Another idea would be (since you can already find players with help of the ranklist)
when you visit them and go back to world it stays focused where the player is located.

DeletedUser136

Well, for now you can always count your own coordinates (and yes, it takes a while). If you count off each city as you move to the south and west you will eventually find the bottom left corner of the map which seems to be stable at the moment and can be used for reference. It's owned by Lord ******* who has gone inactive. Then reverse what you did to find your own city again. If I start at that fixed point and move 21 cities to the east (nono******) and then move up that northeast diagonal 41 cities, I'm home.

DeletedUser252

Since a player might be quite far away, perhaps when you're on their map location, there could be an arrow or line or compass or something at all showing in what direction your own village is?
This could even be a regular feature on the map :) No matter where you are or what you do on the map (visiting someone else or just scrolling around), there'd be an arrow pointing towards your own village
I like that idea!

DeletedUser

So to summarise ideas above:
  • search player option on the map
  • when leaving someones city center map on it
  • coordinates of cities
  • compass (arrow) showing position of our city
+1 to all of them.
Also one more from me:
Finding/highlighting cities by the resources they can produce. This could be usefull to quickly find who we can trade with.

DeletedUser819

wish the world map is divided :::
in the north, south, west, east and
then as the globe in longitude and horizontal degrees
and each player receives his degree (length and horizontal)
should be please to see the name of the player ...
on the business card
for any other player,
Thanks Amorya

DeletedUser43

DeletedUser

I'm missing related ideas of zooming at the world map and using arrow keys.

DeletedUser43

Last edited by a moderator:

Preator

Hi everyone,
Been playing this beta only for 2 weeks now, and reading the forums just for a couple of days. Still, i want to say something about this.

How about a minimap at the corner, indicating our current position on the map with a rectangle and our own city with a different color?

Allowing us to navigate directly by clicking on the minimap?

A minimize button for the minimap would be fine as well (we might not want to see it when not needed).

Highlighting the relic types with different colors on that minimap, and filtering option for them, maybe? (I don't know whether this will be useful anyhow though, at least for now..)