• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Woodelvenstock Summer Event

DeletedUser1681

There will always be irritating (though seemingly simple) quests in events I suppose, and for me one of them is "train xxx troops".
I don't really use my army for anything anymore, but as the "troop quests" are taking more and more time each event I've now started to wonder if I should do something about it.

So do I remember correctly: upgrading barracks makes training faster and opens more slots ? are there more than 5 slots ?
And upgrading armories enables training of more troops per slot ?
I seem to have both here and live about level 24 - 27 armories, but my barracks are still low level (just level 11 here).

Now what I'm really wondering is has anyone figured out what determines the amount of troops required to finish the quest...
is it the chapter you are in ? or is it the level of your military buildings ? if the answer is the level of the military buildings that would ofc make upgrading them pointless.

Dony

King of Bugs
its 3x your squad size, with every research of SSU you will need to train more and more units, not balanced between people who skiped some of this techs.

DeletedUser1681

So it's about research... Ouch!!! I'm one of those people who just feel that they have to research everything.
If I've understood correctly then that would leave upgrading barracks (to speed up training) as a possible solution.

Dony

King of Bugs
So it's about research... Ouch!!! I'm one of those people who just feel that they have to research everything.
If I've understood correctly then that would leave upgrading barracks (to speed up training) as a possible solution.
yes or you can build some AW which produce troops which scales from SS aswell

DeletedUser1767

Heffernan, I'm having the same problem. I never fight, so I've kept my barracks at a very low level in all my cities, but now this means it takes literally days for me to train all the troops, unless I use the more valuable time boosters, which is really frustrating. (And I don't research the optional tech, either.) I've been thinking of upgrading my barracks too, but I struggle with population and space in most of my cities so I've been reluctant.

Deleted User - 60107

A temporary solution is to build the Mercenary Camp. Even at level 1 it is much faster than both the Barracks and the Training Grounds. My least advanced city is currently in Woodelves and level 1 Mercenary Camp is still good enough (but I have skipped most optional SSUpgrades). Eventually I will have to upgrade it, I suppose.

edeba

I really dislike these increasing difficulty quest lines. 9 one day toolboxes, dumb and then a bit later 3 x t1. Neither of these productions are natural to my game and both waste space and the silly quests to level builds to level 5 or 7 or whatever waste NH. The single questline that we had on beta for the first half of this event was a really nice respite.

DeletedUser1163

I'm in Woodelves here on Beta and my best source of Mana is my beautiful but very sad, teary-eyed Weeping Willows. Well they were, until I got my Festival Merchant that gives more Mana in less time and uses 13 fewer squares to do it in. Only gives (me) 660 culture, but I'll take that trade off any day.
Thank you Aramina for this post. A few of our Dragons are in the higher chapters and will greatly appreciate knowing this.

DeletedUser1163

The best layout of this set with 5 unique buildings has 1 building with 4 links, 2 buildings with 3 links and 2 building with 2 links.
You can use a layout like this http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/58ce91f7ff6b472ba051842412c69f26/
One of the building needs a street connection to the main building.
Thank you for this info. You do realize in the 1st view the VIPs have a view of the back of the stage. They're probably all demanding their money back for those awful seats. [giggling].

DeletedUser1163

This is my last post for the night. Sorry, when I can't sleep, I write or read... or both. Maybe Elvenar should send a few spies over to Forge of Empires and see how they're running their events, which are much more fun. But I must admit, Elvenar has the best artistic and animated buildings by far.

Heymrdiedier

Thank you Aramina for this post. A few of our Dragons are in the higher chapters and will greatly appreciate knowing this.
what i did was from willows, to library as soon as possible (almost double the mana per square) and then i didnt replace anything till i was end tech and could build the torch fountain. Sadly elementals chapter needs so many seeds, that i dindt have any leftover seeds till i was end tech.