• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Woodelvenstock Summer Event

edeba

Why did most of the event have to be transferred to the second icky questline?

Why couldn't most of it remained with with the daily quests and then make that second questline say only 5 tickets and make it never ending, repeat cycling. Give players the ability to decline 10 quests.

Players that want to knock themselves out with the icky stuff could go forever, improve their access to prizes, and then players that are so over tired and just not liking that stuff can skip without being slaughtered penalty wise for lack of participation. So, 120 tickets per day instead of 150 and say 50 repeating quests in the second questline. You could make it so it could only be completed once per day to put some brakes on it. The planners could have a field day with figuring out how they could do this as many times as possible.

Keep the daily quests easy and don't put any of the blocking stuff in it, leveling buildings past say level 4, encounters, completing a province, completing a technology are ones that I can think of that shouldn't be in the questline.

Calenmir

The new quest line, while doable for me RIGHT NOW, has actually totally sucked the fun out of this event. I was loving being able to come in from work (whether I worked the open shift (8-3) or the close shift (3-10:30)) and being able to play without being completely tied to the game for hours on end - because I feared not having enough tickets/eggs/whatevers to get the next good prize.

I actually believed they'd found another way to make the game fun - to make the events fun. This one has turned into the same chore/tedious activity/job all other events have become. For Inno, this is their job, for me - this is my entertainment. I wish they could keep this in mind when designing the 'fun' parts of this game, because events are really (for me) no longer fun. They aren't mandatory, I get this, but as they are an extra event that offers prizes you can't get through research, they should be doable by any level of player and just maybe not be so tiresome.

Cal

Brummbaer

Will the remaining time for the event updated, based on the situation that the second questline starts at July 4th??

edeba

I whole hardheartedly agree with this. It was fun easily getting those ticket and there is nothing about being tied to the game to do the mind numbing quests that is entertaining.

Making things dreary to win prizes just isn't fun or entertaining. It is gross and a let down. I was really looking forward to this event going to the live server and now not so much.

The new quest line, while doable for me RIGHT NOW, has actually totally sucked the fun out of this event. I was loving being able to come in from work (whether I worked the open shift (8-3) or the close shift (3-10:30)) and being able to play without being completely tied to the game for hours on end - because I feared not having enough tickets/eggs/whatevers to get the next good prize.

I actually believed they'd found another way to make the game fun - to make the events fun. This one has turned into the same chore/tedious activity/job all other events have become. For Inno, this is their job, for me - this is my entertainment. I wish they could keep this in mind when designing the 'fun' parts of this game, because events are really (for me) no longer fun. They aren't mandatory, I get this, but as they are an extra event that offers prizes you can't get through research, they should be doable by any level of player and just maybe not be so tiresome.

Cal

DeletedUser2467

Upgrade 1 Building to level 14 or higher
My chapter 3 account can't do that, haven't reach the necessary technologies (and won't in a short time). :(
Any alternatives please ? :rolleyes:

@Jasper, I just found out the solution :)
I'm also in Chapter III at the moment upgrading the Main Hall to level 13 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
i love this gambling machine, i still have 4k tickets with 5 grand prizes already in inventory and full set aswell

DeletedUser2445

I just got the 3rd grand prize (Main Stage) and then the grand prizes on top of the puppet machine scrolled to the left to reveal a 4th grand prize, which was the Wishing Well. How many other grand prizes are available? Is there a list of them?

DeletedUser

@Jasper, I just found out the solution :)
I'm also in Chapter III at the moment upgrading the Main Hall to level 13 ;)
Easier said then done, mine is only level 8 and I don't have population to upgrade. Will take a few days to get enough, noway I'll be able to do all quests this way. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2467

aww... sorry to hear that. Hopefully there'll be solution, it's not fair if you are stuck because of the system...

DeletedUser1901

It seems like the Upgrade 4 buildings to level 5 quests are imbalanced between Elves and Humans players. Elves can just do 4 marble factories in 1 hour, without worrying about them changing size; Humans would have to take 2 hours and plan ahead with a size change. Not to mention anyone that is Marble boosted is at an advantage since the devs have created the "low level Slum factories/workshops during events and adventures" meta. Humans also have to have a 2x2 planks factory for the Luxurious Flacon style quests. Why do Elves get quicker access to Event Currencies by having faster upgrades and smaller slums? I cant think of a niche where Humans have an advantage in events. It reminds me of the idea Soggy had about creating an event building that is sized comparably to the 3 level 1 tier 1 factories. Seems like a good idea for the devs to explore.

salandrine

well.I am in chapter II and cant do Quest 38 in any way. So the Questline and event will stop for me at this quest . Also I am not overscouted, but for next provinces I need tier 2 and I have not done the research by now. And research for that will last for 5 more researches. so it is impossible.

DeletedUser802

I am enjoying the new Woodelvenstock event very much! I love the special event buildings and I like that they actually have decent rewards. The event building are beautiful, and have terrific animation, and they look great in my city. I like how the chests change, and most especially how the most "expensive" chest is not always the one that has the best rewards.

Just a couple of of things that I don't like though. First, we started out having one quest per day, and getting a reward of 150 tickets for each quest. That was far, far preferable to how we are getting the quests now: dozens and dozens of quests with the tiny reward of 20 tickets. That might be fine if you have hours and hours to play this game, or can log into it 20 times a day, for for myself, I much prefer the single, timed quest that has the larger reward. It is easier to keep up with and does not end up exhausting you.

I like the game board, with the multiple chests, and the daily prizes. I very much appreciated how the first three main prizes (part of the game set) were well within most player's ability to win. This fixes a problem that Elvenar had for a long time: that grand prizes in special events were so difficult to win, virtually no one would get them. It is never smart to frustrate your customers, so I was very glad to see this fix.

I also like how you get small rewards (magical goo, boosts) as you slowly progress. However, I think they needed to do better on the "extra" grand prizes, after the first three. Now the wishing well is great, and well worth getting. But it has been listed as the extra grand prize three times in a row now. Now getting one, or even two, wishing wells would be nice, but I don't want or need multiples of them. And it discourages players from progressing if the prize offered is always the same one. Yes, I would keep opening chests to get the daily prize, assuming it was something that I wanted. But I would not do it to progress in the extra grand prize "race line" because the prize offered is always the same. They need to mix up the extra grand prizes, offer a wishing well, then something else, maybe a really nice special building from a previous event.

One more thing. On the days when they offer the "double pay" on the magic goo. I am sure everyone has noticed that they only offer that on days were the daily prize is real junk. They need to cut that out and offer it on days when there is a good daily prize.

I love all the bright decorations that appear all around the wild areas of my city! It is bright and colorful and beautiful, just perfect for spring and summer. The decorations are very elaborate and well worth looking at.

So I am really enjoying this special event, and I hope that everyone else is too!

DeletedUser2493

Hi - I joined the forum to say how much I enjoyed the single quest line event. The 2nd quest line has now made this yet another chore type of activity, and now I'm dreading having it hit the other servers. There's no way I can complete it in my other cities - NO SPACE to build the endless numbers of T1 factories and workshops. Just really disappointed ...