• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Woodelvenstock Summer Event

DeletedUser2467

Double Goo Day just started!

I've noticed it on the chests...
8frKPt6.jpg

The announcement graphic is not visible, but the timer is there...
oy0jLZN.jpg

edeba

So far this is fun, but set prizes are awful. They wouldn't be so bad if they didn't reset and weren't so annoying. I lift buildings all the time looking for empty spots, or to figure out the size, or to see what's behind it and set building are poorly designed in that they reset if you try to do that so they really get in the way of normal game play. I really dislike them and think they were a dumb idea.

DeletedUser2467

So far this is fun, but set prizes are awful. They wouldn't be so bad if they didn't reset and weren't so annoying. I lift buildings all the time looking for empty spots, or to figure out the size, or to see what's behind it and set building are poorly designed in that they reset if you try to do that so they really get in the way of normal game play. I really dislike them and think they were a dumb idea.

Maybe it would be better if a set is in fix size, like a puzzle board. No need to have many options.

DeletedUser2467

What do you think, should I wait for the dropped tickets (26 more) or use it now.... it's 30% chance to get 100 tickets

BBVdoFz.jpg

DeletedUser802

I really like it that this Special Event has only one quest line. It was getting really exhausting trying to deal with two separate quest lines. I think this way is better, with just one quest line, (though I could do without it being on a timer) and the quest just rewarding a higher number of "tickets" rather than have to deal with two quests at once, and lower rewards. I also like how the chests keep rotating, and that it is not always the most "expensive" chest that has all the goodies.

I love all the decorations in the meadows, forests and cliffs of my city! Gorgeous and colorful, and just perfect for Summertime! There have been decorations in the cityscape before, but the designers really went to town this time, and I love it! The decorations are so elaborate and beautiful they are worth really looking at and enjoying.

I like how this new event seems to be working: it gives some rewards as you slowly advance, it has "chest" prizes, it has daily prizes, and the grand prizes. All of this engages your interest and encourages you to play. Now it is too early to tell yet, but it seems like ti might actually be possible to get all three of the grand prizes in this event. This was a problem in previous events, where the grand prizes were so hard to get that it was virtually impossible, and it just discouraged playing. I am very pleased to see that this problem seems to have been addressed with the newest special events.

DeletedUser2431

it is actually in the announcement :)

When you click on the puppet machine and the window opens on the top right corner you have a question mark " ? ". When you click on it a 2nd popup window opens that has 5 tabs on it. On tab 1, the default titled " About" it clearly states that there are two ( 2 ) new quest lines. Hence 1 is missing. Now, on the event release notes it states: " Note regarding quests:
In this event, there will be some differences in quests between Beta and Live. This is intended. " It does not say that only 1 quest line is available for beta. Therefore the assumption that the " differences " is a missing quest line that would, by virtue, make it possible to win some of the prizes is not logical to me. Do they expect Beta to BUY their way thru?
I have reported this as a bug. Lets see what kind of answer I get back.

Dony

King of Bugs
When you click on the puppet machine and the window opens on the top right corner you have a question mark " ? ". When you click on it a 2nd popup window opens that has 5 tabs on it. On tab 1, the default titled " About" it clearly states that there are two ( 2 ) new quest lines. Hence 1 is missing. Now, on the event release notes it states: " Note regarding quests:
In this event, there will be some differences in quests between Beta and Live. This is intended. " It does not say that only 1 quest line is available for beta. Therefore the assumption that the " differences " is a missing quest line that would, by virtue, make it possible to win some of the prizes is not logical to me. Do they expect Beta to BUY their way thru?
I have reported this as a bug. Lets see what kind of answer I get back.
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/woodelvenstock-summer-event.10859/#post-62948

Dony

King of Bugs
i am pretty sure this was done to prevent abusive use of gameplay mechanic where you could switch building around every day so every building gets max bonus before collecting it

DeletedUser1777

Would also like to see screens/stats of the chest I'm still missing ;)

So far we seem to have 9 different chests, this one is missing in the previous posts.
The dropping tickets so far were 2,3 and 4 for me. I didn't win any ticket so far in the chests :(

I would appreciate if there stays only one quest per day. It was exhausting for me in every event to race through the questline in order to collect as much as possible to gain the "best prices" more than once.
Ok, no one forced me to do so, but I'm a greedy girl :rolleyes:

I like the idea of switching chests, so it feels much more like a lottery to me. The little rewards in-between are great *thumbs up*

We will see if it is possible to gain (almost) all grand prices with only one questline and no diamonds, don't think so :oops:. It's ok for me if the last one is missing, there should be a difference, between spenders and non spenders.
upload_2018-6-20_9-29-10.png

Jaxom

As expected, a truly lousy prize on double goo day. So far I have just done the daily quest and picked up tickets. Not spending any since the daily prizes have not been interesting. But I am one of those players who has completed Elementals and is working on Wonders while I await the next chapter. My situation is not typical.
Having just one quest line is nice for a change. It is almost like having no event running at all. And that is nice after all the stuff that has been pushed put this spring. So I have no complaints, just the hope that a good daily prize will appear during the next four weeks.
Lovely graphics!

Jackluyt

Milestones change value

In my one city, MIlestone gives 1 x Ancient Wonder 3 + Goo 45; in my other city it gives 1 x Ancient Wonder 3 + Goo 41.

Marindor - can you explain why there is a difference please?

Dony

King of Bugs
I Have the Green 57 chest - surely there are not two of them?
you have 2 green 57 pictures in this thread, i have no clue what else do you need
Milestones change value

In my one city, MIlestone gives 1 x Ancient Wonder 3 + Goo 45; in my other city it gives 1 x Ancient Wonder 3 + Goo 41.

Marindor - can you explain why there is a difference please?
that goo means, how many goos you need to gain to get to this milestone

Last edited:

DeletedUser1681

As expected, a truly lousy prize on double goo day. So far I have just done the daily quest and picked up tickets. Not spending any since the daily prizes have not been interesting.
I did spend most of mine today just to see if I could get some of time booster instants - I did, though as a result found out that the idea of rotating chests is not to my liking at all.
Having just one quest line is nice for a change.
It is , but I found a downside which is...
It is almost like having no event running at all.
You found it refreshing, but I don't feel like I'm taking part in anything.
just the hope that a good daily prize will appear during the next four weeks.
Me too, well maybe after next couple of days as I did spend lots of tickets today.
Lovely graphics!
Yep

iDavis

@Jackluyt just to clear up, there are 2 green chests for 57 tickets, with almost same stats. The only difference is that one has coin rain and other supply windfall as one of rewards.

SoggyShorts

It was exhausting for me in every event to race through the questline in order to collect as much as possible to gain the "best prices" more than once.
That was my favourite part.:(
Now there's really nothing to do. I mean the first 3 days had quests that can be completed in 5 seconds with no planning.
Especially if you have completed the last tech then the event becomes a bit of a non-event making it 6 weeks (30 days plus 1 week on each end) of doing nothing but the tournament.

I always have a slightly underleveled armory for the level 12+ upgrade quests, and I'm sitting on over 100 small timers I can use for 4 buildings to 5+ quests if I'm impatient.
Plus since you have 24h per quest the only challenge would be a scout, and even if that takes 3 days, the quests stacking up behind it will likely be quick, and you could take that time to prep for them.

In essence if a second questline doesn't appear at some point, this event runs itself and you can complete it by reacting rather than having any plan or strategy, which some players may enjoy, but takes a lot of the fun out of the game for players like me who actually enjoy planning ahead.

Last edited: