• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[WM] Show if a player has discovered ME yet

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Yeah true. It would be even better if you could always just return the favor once someone's helped you though.
If all your neighbors proceeded like you, there would be nobody to make the first step ;)

Personally, I am against this idea.
This changes nothing to see who helps you or not .

You can see if your neighbors are inactive.
- If so, it is normal that they do not help you .
- If not , or you know they have discovered you, but they do not help you . These guys do not help ;) But some are too far and not developed enough . Those, help. The day will come when they will thank you and help you :)

DeletedUser

If all your neighbors proceeded like you, there would be nobody to make the first step ;)

Personally, I am against this idea.
This changes nothing to see who helps you or not .

You can see if your neighbors are inactive.
- If so, it is normal that they do not help you .
- If not , or you know they have discovered you, but they do not help you . These guys do not help ;) But some are too far and not developed enough . Those, help. The day will come when they will thank you and help you :)
Having the option to help someone, regardless of if they've discovered you on the map, would only help. I don't know about you, but the majority of people who feel like they can't access a major feature of a game will quit. That's my logic behind this.

Even if the player is "developed" enough, they likely move in the direction of boosted goods and NOT players who've boosted them(although beelining towards someone 1-2 provinces away is easily doable).

DeletedUser205

because I couldn't remember the nicks of players who discovered me over weeks, it should be a marking system in the worldmap.

(but I have no hope, that this neighbor-thing ever gets better to an attractive mechanic. there is lack of a good communication-feature either. this game is based on neighbor-connection, but most players are in sort of singlemodus in case of the real situation)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1095

I agree that the current nonreciprocal discovery arrangement is very problematic, nonintuitive and highly discouraging. If someone has discovered and aided me, I should - at the very least! - be able to aid them and to see them in colour on the map so that I know what direction to go in to "discover" them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it would be great to see if someone has discovered ones own city, that way the frustration level will go down.
I have next door neighbours who either died trying to get the space between them and my self conquered or just were hit with a five year sleeping spell.

It would however not change me visiting them at least 6 times a week... the money is a great incentive ;-)

DeletedUser283

I agree with this idea;
it would be good to know if we have been discovered by someone, because it is a proof that this player is active and that we can angle our territory conquests in her direction;
and I like @sorella 's idea to show it as a "flag" on the map in addition to a notification :)

DeletedUser

it would be great to see if someone has discovered ones own city, that way the frustration level will go down.
I have next door neighbours who either died trying to get the space between them and my self conquered or just were hit with a five year sleeping spell.

It would however not change me visiting them at least 6 times a week... the money is a great incentive ;-)

I'd appreciate an in-game-chat as well as the feature to see if someone has discovered me too. (There has been a post where someone dislikes the option to be seen cause of 'timeline' of this special player).

But, everyone can visit our Cities and get informations all around our progress.

And of course, I'll visit all my neigbours and help them too.
Additional: When I discover a new City I write a note to the player and welcome her/him to my neighbourhood and so on.

DeletedUser43

Something else that would be nice is if switching to map put your view over the player whose city you're currently viewing, instead of always over your own city.
This thread is only about showing if a player has discovered you yet. The feature you mention, is discussed in this thread (click). Some suggested features of that thread are forwarded, but this one isn't forwarded yet. Please support it in the referred thread. :)

Marindor

Unfortunately this idea didn't meet the minimum requirement of 20 voters, so we'll have to archive this thread now :)