• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map [WM] New Way to Motivate (help) Neighbors

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoggyShorts

@Marindor
Is there now enough support to forward this idea to the devs?
@Marindor
I'd actually like to know what "forwarding to the devs" entails..
Is it just an email, or is it actually a conversation?
Do the developers give preliminary feedback?
I appreciate that these polls are happening, and maybe getting this close has made me greedy, but I'd love it if,after this is forwarded, we could could get just a hint from the developers as to what their opinion of it is.
The scale is pretty wide, it could be anything from "That looks nice, but we have many other priorities" to "Christmas is cancelled, everyone get to work on this NOW"

Marindor

Hi guys, please have a bit more patience. Although we can already quite clearly predict where this thread will go, we will still have to wait a few more days to have the poll closed, so everyone has had the time to give their opinions, as we promise.

We do get feedback from the game team on ideas, but it can usually take a while (about 1-2 months). Especially now, since during the holidays the majority of our staff has a break, it will take longer than usual.

SoggyShorts

@Marindor
Thanks for the reply. I knew that this time of year would be tough as most Euro countries get 4 weeks paid vacation.
Hopefully in the new year Inno will disclose a loose roadmap. I buy/support/follow a lot of developing games on steam, and players love seeing a list of planned improvements, even without approximate dates.
By all means, they should keep the new chapters and events as a surprise, I'm just talking about tweaks and re-balances.

DeletedUser1657

We do get feedback from the game team on ideas, but it can usually take a while (about 1-2 months). Especially now, since during the holidays the majority of our staff has a break, it will take longer than usual.

Thanks Marindor. I am clear from your post that feedback comes back but wasn't clear if it comes back to players (in some fashion) or only to the forum/mod team? I really appreciate that there is a clear process of forwarding ideas, it would just help if we are clear on the process from there as far as knowing about feedback.

DeletedUser118

@Marindor
Thanks for the reply. I knew that this time of year would be tough as most Euro countries get 4 weeks paid vacation.
Hopefully in the new year Inno will disclose a loose roadmap. I buy/support/follow a lot of developing games on steam, and players love seeing a list of planned improvements, even without approximate dates.
By all means, they should keep the new chapters and events as a surprise, I'm just talking about tweaks and re-balances.

A reason why I came up with this thread some time ago. But it seems nobody was really interested in answering.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/goals-for-2017.6572/

;)

SoggyShorts

From @Katzenprinz link above:
Of course we have a road map for the coming year(s) but due to various reasons, we will not be sharing that in detail.
I can imagine some reasons not to share, like the possibility of making promises that can't be kept, but really the benefits of sharing a little information seem to greatly outweigh them. I'd like to see Timon and Riki do an INNO TV episode where they talk about upcoming tweaks and fixes rather than sweeping changes.

DeletedUser651

Hi guys, please have a bit more patience. Although we can already quite clearly predict where this thread will go, we will still have to wait a few more days to have the poll closed, so everyone has had the time to give their opinions, as we promise.

Now can we forward it? It has been a full week.

DeletedUser1777

@Marindor
There's a legal minimum of 4 weeks paid vacation in Germany

Nice rumor, would you please tell this my boss?

It's true, we have guaranteed by law 4 weeks holidays - but for the whole year, it's not reserved for xmas ;)
You can expect a lot of developers are having a few days off between xmas and new year, so they will be back soon.

BTT:
I already voted for this great idea and hopefully we will see this nice feature at easter *dream*

DeletedUser1637

I've read through this post and agree with it 100%. I don't mind visiting up to 24 FS members individually and giving them boosts where they want it. As an AM it can actually be quite nice to see players' cities developing. For neighbour visits though, what a chore!! I usually just work from notifications to see who has visited me but sometimes if you have had a lot of trades accepted you cannot see easily who has visited you from outwith the FS.

Nothing worse than having to click on individual tiles on the map, waiting for it to load... I don't do whole map visits anymore for that reason; it is so boring and tedious.

I welcome any change which make this process more manageable. I think it will increase neighbourly visits in general, especially if you could see at a glance on the map who has visited you.