• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map [WM] CANCEL button on SCOUTING

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1657

@Marindor it appears this idea was forwarded sometime ago, hopefully forwarding it again will have some success. As this is one of the more popular suggestions is there a process in place that we would have feedback if it is unsuccessful as to why? I wonder if a non-respond-able thread from a mod for a summary of frequently requested ideas that wont be implemented would be useful, it may not stop people asking but would give us a reference point.

Also as the original poster hasn't been seen for a long time can the idea be refined to include the 2 suggested improvements to scouts:
  1. Cancel button
  2. Preview of scout time
If it isn't possible to refine it we can create a new idea, both of these are very common requests for scouts on the forums.

Edit: Marindor is it better we put single suggestions in ideas thread or grouping similar ideas for an area of improvement? The notification suggestion was a good example of a group of ideas for improving a single game aspect. Or does it not matter whatever our imaginations come up with?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
Even tho i would love to have this myself there is a risk this can be abused and used as an extra coin storage if there is no penalty for doing it. But if it returns zero coins back after cancel this can be usefull in cases of missclicks and risk of overscouting especially now.

DeletedUser1657

Even tho i would love to have this myself there is a risk this can be abused and used as an extra coin storage if there is no penalty for doing it. But if it returns zero coins back after cancel this can be usefull in cases of missclicks and risk of overscouting especially now.

I had envisaged a full refund but if there is a penalty a 50% return should be reasonable and minimise the abuse aspect.

DeletedUser1681

For this reason, I would prefer a confirmation dialog before sending the scout.
Just an hour ago local server I sure wished there had been a confirmation screen. Funny how there's a plentiness of confirmation screen all around the game but scouting doesn't have one.

PS. I have been in favour of cancel-button earlier, but now I too prefer a confirmation screen, should be easy enough to make.

DeletedUser1877

Just to clarify, if the vote passes, does the entire thread (including discussion of confirmation) go to devs, or only the initial post? The answer to this question will likely determine how some vote.

Marindor

The summary, description and motivation from the opening post are forwarded, together with a link to the thread. The opening post should contain all relevant information though, for our game team doesn't have the time to read through all suggested ideas completely :)

Edit: I see what you mean now, with the possibility of coin storage abuse. Will add that to the opening post now!

Dhurrin

Even though it's been 600+ days after the original forwarding it still gets a big + 1 And perhaps this time it can be sent on with a larger font, and in screaming colors so the devs might accidentally take notice after all.

Dhurrin

More in favour of a confirmation rather than a cancel, but something! :cool:

Either one would work. The confirmation should be easier to implement I think.
However, the cancel option would give them an opportunity to add a fee for cancelling, so you would only get back 90% of the gold for instance.

DeletedUser1877

Do you mean approved to be submitted, or approved by Dev team?

SoggyShorts

Do you mean approved to be submitted, or approved by Dev team?
I always wondered about this too, assuming that they are just "forwarded" rather than getting any stamp of approval, but since my THIS idea did not make the "approved/submitted" list, then there must be some shot callers involved.

Like I said in another thread somewhere, at first I was disappointed that that idea didn't make it, but it shows that the other ideas have a chance (at least that's how I choose to see it)*fingers crossed*