• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

aliceFalling

Just few events ago this would be the point where no more quests would appear for you. You just completed all of them and bam - you're done. Now you have a chance even after completing main quest line to keep collecting more ribbons. Take it like that.
i'll try :rolleyes:

Maillie

I would like to know why the main reward, the Gingerbread Mansion, gives only tier two goods. Why would it not be feasible to give the t1/mana/seeds reward instead. Seeds are a necessity for a lot more than a "handful of players," it includes those in Halflings, Elementals, Amuni, Constructs, Chapter 15. Mana goes even farther back than that, all the way to Woodelves. I wouldn't dream of buying diamonds to evolve a building that gives tier two goods when both my Beta city and my main city in live worlds are in Chapter 15.

With the last hours ticking away in this nightmare, I now have this same mess for weeks yet in my live city. As the players are moving past the early easy quests the screaming is getting louder. I had already lost my top player, then I came online this morning to find this:

"Getting Jack of these repetitive quests, this is the 4th time in 24hrs I have had the gain a certain amount of supplies. Getting rediculous. If they keep up with this I am seriously considering not doing any of the events and possibly shutting down my account altogether"

I am enjoying Chapter 15 because it gives me a sense of achievement when I finish anything, but in case anyone doesn't know what we're up against, this is a regular research in Chapter 15. (Nothing out of the ordinary for our research.) It takes us days to accumulate this, and many, many seeds to make the sentient goods needed. See any need for tier two? No? Me either.
2019-12-06 (2).png

aliceFalling

how sad...i still can't say that to get to 20 ribbons after trying so hard is anything short of a kick in the unmentionable... oh well. another thing i don't enjoy. i have a feeling that live is even worse though.

Maillie

This is where it ends. My last quest will take almost an entire day and I have less than 2 hours to go. I opened 13 of the 16 boxes and didn't find the daily prize. I was lucky enough to reveal the stupid shuffle, so I could avoid that and still couldn't get the daily.2019-12-12 (2).png

Deleted User - 56274

Hmmm, I got Buy KP again and said enough. The fact that they added more clickiness to gaining the bricks made this event just awful to me even beyond the fact that they took away nearly all player choice.

If this is the future of events, I will be highly unlikely to participate.

Lovec Krys

And it ended. And I forgot to use my remaining hammers, while I don't care for the house, I could have had one additional Wheel. And I'm not alone who forgot to use all hammers.

iDavis

@Lovec Krys hah, you just remind me I did probably the same. Fortunately I didn't have lot of them, but it could be enough for one more grand prize.

Arthus

There should be 3 choices of rewards from evolution buildings at level 10, like there is with Yggdrasil in Forge of Empires (sister game)
We should be able to choose what we prefer.
I don't know how they are going to solve 20+ bears balance problem now, it's either delete them from game for all or change their effect for useless so players will delete them.
If more evolution buildings will appears, soon we will run out of city space for anything else. If everything was 1-2 evo buildings max per city, then we would have plenty of space for more.

The most often seen critique since autumn zodiac is that event creators literally got lazy.
It shows even in quest storyline. Autumn quests had absolutely no story, and Winter quests had story for first 30 quests and then 1 sentence repeating.

All new pop/cult buildings are far worse than older buildings in ammounts of culture/population
It seems that all that was strong and good is gone, spheric stub is gone, tower of the winter king is gone, i guess in may venar rocks III will be gone...
And 1 daily for 1500 ribbons killed me 2 days ago.

iDavis

I don't know how they are going to solve 20+ bears balance problem now, it's either delete them from game for all or change their effect for useless so players will delete them.
Fortunately I believe Inno that will never happen and so am taking your post as a joke. You should really think of what you write, otherwise it seems like "If I don´t, let them not" principle.

Lovec Krys

@Arthus @iDavis Me neither, such change would cause very big revolt and large number of rage quits.
Many top tournament players are already hitting their maximum points due to their cleaned provinces numbers, so even if someone has many bears, he simply cannot turn that into a major tournament advantage over those who have 1-3 of them.

CrazyWizard

There should be 3 choices of rewards from evolution buildings at level 10, like there is with Yggdrasil in Forge of Empires (sister game)
We should be able to choose what we prefer.
If more evolution buildings will appears, soon we will run out of city space for anything else. If everything was 1-2 evo buildings max per city, then we would have plenty of space for more.

The most often seen critique since autumn zodiac is that event creators literally got lazy.
It shows even in quest storyline. Autumn quests had absolutely no story, and Winter quests had story for first 30 quests and then 1 sentence repeating.

All new pop/cult buildings are far worse than older buildings in ammounts of culture/population
It seems that all that was strong and good is gone, spheric stub is gone, tower of the winter king is gone, i guess in may venar rocks III will be gone...
And 1 daily for 1500 ribbons killed me 2 days ago.
Fortunately I believe Inno that will never happen and so am taking your post as a joke. You should really think of what you write, otherwise it seems like "If I don´t, let them not" principle.
@Arthus @iDavis Me neither, such change would cause very big revolt and large number of rage quits.
Many top tournament players are already hitting their maximum points due to their cleaned provinces numbers, so even if someone has many bears, he simply cannot turn that into a major tournament advantage over those who have 1-3 of them.

I have to defend Arthur a little bit in this case,
There indeed is a balance issue because of the late "pets" that take the competition out of the competition.

I see the game as a resource challenge, and thats what I manage best, because of that I look for ways to use the system in my favour.
Thanks to multiple bears I have already pushed my unit production above 800 troops weekly, and I expect to rise this in the near future to 1200-1400 troops a week for tournament play.
This is way way way above the level of almost any other player on the server I play(I expect that 400 troops a week is already a lot for most end gamers), with the result that most of the competitors with whom I compete in the tournaments are no longer able to compete in a similar fashion (doesn't mean I get first every week but much lower than second should be rare)

So I agree that there is a "balance" problem, but there is a different solution that just whacking the current ones,
Another solution could be to simpy make more animals with similar strength combat powers, at some point those buildings will require more petfood than the academy can provide.
This would force you to make choices how to spend your petfood and mitiligate the powers of having multiple of the same building as you can only spend each petfood once.

It's a more gracious and less grieving solution to the problem.

Deleted User - 60107

Lack of Pet Food won't do anything about the free units that can be obtained from the Bears. 15 Bears means a lot of free units...

Lovec Krys

@shadowblack You can get free units from other buildings as well - orc strategic nests, Valorian valors, wonders.
And as I said, many of current tournament top results are not limited by troops production, but by the number of player's cleared provinces.
For example last dust tournament I did my personal record - 13890 points - maximum possible due to cleared provinces count, yet I ended 3rd, since those two players on 2nd and 1st position has more cleared provinces. I couldn't have beaten them even with unlimited number of troops.

DeletedUser2705

Hello!
Event is the worst of all. I do not care about quests, you can adapt to any, if desired. I don’t care about the main building - I personally do not need it for nothing with such characteristics. I tuned in to daily buildings for the population / culture, which, in this winter event, are the best in the whole game. I waited for this event and planned my city based on the latest events with 3 chests. I had my own development, my own calculations. We have a strategic game, no? The question is already rhetorical.

At the exit, I get a 100% lottery.
They killed the choice for additional prizes, killed the daily prize, gave an idiotic gingerbread man who waves with a hammer and you have to poke into the bricks, another scam and time into the void. They killed the strategy. Stupidly, uninteresting, primitive.

Plus to everything that personally amuses me, from what I read here on the forum, this event will not necessarily be repeated in this particular version - the lottery. That is (as I see it), the winter event, which gives the best buildings for the population, made it as unprofitable as possible. Neither autumn nor spring, it is winter! For what? I think there is no need to explain, everyone saw the requirements for the rise of buildings by population.

But guys, that doesn't work like that. You can not turn the game upside down in 1 day. You cannot shit in one place and make a profit in another, nearby.

Without respect, me.
I apologize for the English, with a translator.

chris0707070707

There indeed is a balance issue because of the late "pets" that take the competition out of the competition.
Agreed, but there is even a bigger problem than pets. Thousands and thousands of hours of timeboosters. In my case it was over 24k hours after the Zodiac event.
This is way way way above the level of almost any other player on the server I play
The same on the server I play. The tournament balance has been damaged permanently, the competition is dead. I will explain later what I mean by "permanently damaged".
So I agree that there is a "balance" problem, but there is a different solution that just whacking the current ones,
Another solution could be to simpy make more animals with similar strength combat powers, at some point those buildings will require more petfood than the academy can provide.
This would force you to make choices how to spend your petfood and mitiligate the powers of having multiple of the same building as you can only spend each petfood once.
It would not work. It would only strenghten those high end players more than the others. Players with many brown bears usually dont't use pet food every day, not event every week. Those are the players who also got many many timeboosters, so they can feed their pets once a month and train their units for, let's say, 4 tournaments in advance. They will never run out of pet food unless IG removes it completely. Providing them with some additional pets wouldn't be a good idea...

One could argue they would run out of timeboosters eventually. Not necessarily. In my case it would be possible to train over 100k squads (one hundredthousand squads) using timeboosters currently in my possesion , so it would be enough to compete in tournaments for a looong, looong time. I'm not the only player with such a huge supply of timeboosters.
I don't know how they are going to solve 20+ bears balance problem now
They can't. It's too late, the damage is done. Knowing IG's tendency to "fix"some problems afterwards, some players have already trained literally tens of thousands of squads. Just in case. I know of at least 5 such players on my server (me included). What is IG supposed to do ? Will they just remove our units we've already trained ? That's what I meant with a "permanently damaged" game balance. Even without training a single unit more I (and the others) could compete in tournaments on highest level (15-20k points) for a whole year. After using the rest of timeboosters - for another year.

I tried to warn IG what would happen... I saw it coming right after the zodiac event had started on beta server:

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/autumn-zodiac.13647/page-10#post-77868
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/autumn-zodiac.13647/page-35#post-79017

Sadly, I was right...

Arthus

@chris0707070707 I agree it's too late now and it's not the fault of players who utilized the chance given by the game. On both Sirens and Zodiac i took advantage of the chance myself i won't hide.

The damage is done, ship sinks. Adding military boost efects to the buildings was worst decision ever, much higher production values would be more suitable.

@Marindor Personal suggestion: Buildings like golden phoenix, stonehenge, sirens, gingerbread mansions and pandas are not even close to military evo buildings and they need boost in my opinion to repair the balance issue caused by military evo buildings being too OP. Please consider seriously changing that 3 KP bonus for something strong or add something to them.

And if there will be more than 1 fire phoenix in April Event, the game is done. Fire phoenix is most OP evo building in the game and having multiple would make some players unstopable in every spire or tournament.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 81190

OK, I'll play devil's advocate and argue that Inno will likely ignore this disbalance, and rightfully so. How many players can relate to 10+ bears situation, or hundreds K worth of troops, or 1000+ weekly squad production, or maxing out tournament due to running out of provinces later in the game? I'd argue that a few dozen people, maybe a couple of hundreds. Incidentally, because these players look it this as a competitive situation, many would already stock up massively so they can compete with other people who care (as evidenced by the posts above ;) ).

The vast majority of the player base does not care. Unlike some games where PvP competition is the core of the game (e.g. Counterstrike). Elvenar ain't it, even though some people can still play competitively. On the other hand, most players likely welcomed any of the boosts they could get (Fire Phoenix, Bears etc). It allowed them to go further in the game comparing to where they themselves used to be. The fact that they used to see 5K+ tournament points on the leaderboad before, and now they can easily see 10-15K+ is entirely irrelevant to them. And I can tell you for a fact that even after all these changes, in top 10 / 10-chest fellowships there are still plenty of people barely making mandatory 1000 tournament points weekly.

Eventually the game will develop features that will likely render previous advantages somewhat obsolete. Just like chapter 15 put a dampener on use of Portal Profits. You're still better off with unlimited PPs, but unlimited PPs no longer provide unlimited advantages (because you also need other things that may be in short supply). Similarly when they added orcs to negotiation process - even if you managed to secure unlimited goods, you might be constrained with other resources where you wouldn't have such advantages.

All in all, I think you guys overestimate importance of "game balance" for a game like Elvenar ;)

CrazyWizard

OK, I'll play devil's advocate and argue that Inno will likely ignore this disbalance, and rightfully so. How many players can relate to 10+ bears situation, or hundreds K worth of troops, or 1000+ weekly squad production, or maxing out tournament due to running out of provinces later in the game? I'd argue that a few dozen people, maybe a couple of hundreds. Incidentally, because these players look it this as a competitive situation, many would already stock up massively so they can compete with other people who care (as evidenced by the posts above ;) ).

The vast majority of the player base does not care. Unlike some games where PvP competition is the core of the game (e.g. Counterstrike). Elvenar ain't it, even though some people can still play competitively. On the other hand, most players likely welcomed any of the boosts they could get (Fire Phoenix, Bears etc). It allowed them to go further in the game comparing to where they themselves used to be. The fact that they used to see 5K+ tournament points on the leaderboad before, and now they can easily see 10-15K+ is entirely irrelevant to them. And I can tell you for a fact that even after all these changes, in top 10 / 10-chest fellowships there are still plenty of people barely making mandatory 1000 tournament points weekly.

Eventually the game will develop features that will likely render previous advantages somewhat obsolete. Just like chapter 15 put a dampener on use of Portal Profits. You're still better off with unlimited PPs, but unlimited PPs no longer provide unlimited advantages (because you also need other things that may be in short supply). Similarly when they added orcs to negotiation process - even if you managed to secure unlimited goods, you might be constrained with other resources where you wouldn't have such advantages.

All in all, I think you guys overestimate importance of "game balance" for a game like Elvenar ;)

I mostly agree, You should balance and build a game for the average user.
Problem is tournaments are partially made to bring in money, and some big spenders can no longer compete with some f2p powerhouses.