• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

Deleted User - 81190

Well, it's barely day 3 and i made 180 quests on live.
Impressive. I assume you've dumped a ton of timeboosts - have you kept track of how much (roughly) did that take?

EDIT: I am definitely with @Arthus on a spectrum of preferences of Autumn Zodiac vs Winter Magic. I'd prefer AZ even if they switch grand prizes between the two.

Arthus

Impressive. I assume you've dumped a ton of timeboosts - have you kept track of how much (roughly) did that take?

EDIT: I am definitely with @Arthus on a spectrum of preferences of Autumn Zodiac vs Winter Magic. I'd prefer AZ even if they switch grand prizes between the two.

Actually i used only boosts from current event + 10-15 boosts from spire. I've had two 20h boosts which i didn't use, 3x 14h boosts which i didn't use and only 5-10 each of other boosts, all from spire just before event + 8h boosts from winter event. I only used them on some manufactory quests, but i've got less of them than I've expected.

I prepared 7x wood manufactories level 27 (i don't have 28-31 discovered yet) for event and made catalysts for vision vapor quests.
Workshops quests were easy with four magical workshops in chapter 15 enhanced with spells. And i've got plenty of 150-250k supplies workshop quests which took 10-15 minutes.

DeletedUser2818

Well, it's barely day 3 and i made 180 quests on live. Got gingerbread mansion to level 10 and got excess 200 ribbons before bonus section started.
Was that from quests alone, without buying event currency? If so, do you feel you've been very lucky by winning ribbons, or was did it feel average?

Dony

King of Bugs
Was that from quests alone, without buying event currency? If so, do you feel you've been very lucky by winning ribbons, or was did it feel average?
i would say if he got gingerbread mansion to stage 10 with only main story line, that this would feel like average to me and a goal from devs to achieve

and to be honest i didnt expected that someone would do whole main story quest in 3 days with so many produce goods quests without decent amount of instants, that just means we will get even higher numbers in next event or more often

DeletedUser2818

i would say if he got gingerbread mansion to stage 10 with only main story line, that this would feel like average to me and a goal from devs to achieve

and to be honest i didnt expected that someone would do whole main story quest in 3 days with so many produce goods quests without decent amount of instants, that just means we will get even higher numbers in next event or more often
Actually according to a mod who (presumably) speaks for the devs clearly inferred that we shouldn't be able to fully upgrade an evolving building without paying, that's why I was curious.

It shouldn't be about make it easy and give us everything we want. It should be a challenge so its interesting for almost everyone, and some might fail the challenge just by a bit, and those could then decide to go for it after all, if they are willing to spend some money. (last day promotions are meant for that).

CrazyWizard

I don't know his city layout but they should not.
You can get a giant amount of goods from former event buildings, lets say he has 6+ mermaids buildings. that's 6*18 8 goods quests.
You can't punish a player without all these event buildings just because 1 player got to many of them in the past.

Deleted User - 81190

I prepared 7x wood manufactories level 27 (i don't have 28-31 discovered yet) for event and made catalysts for vision vapor quests.
Workshops quests were easy with four magical workshops in chapter 15 enhanced with spells. And i've got plenty of 150-250k supplies workshop quests which took 10-15 minutes.
Hmm, perhaps I have to revisit my setup. I know I need to expand my T1 production for events, but I expect to have goods production to take much longer time in total even then; probably supplies as well even with 5 non-magical WS. And Vision Vapor quests are pretty much blocking for me - even if I have enough catalysts, it just takes a while to produce 15-25 VV, even if there are big ticket items for crafting.

I am barely at the mid point of the second segment (about quest #60), and expect it to get quite a bit slower with ramped up requirements even after I'll add some more production (if I keep doing very limited use of timeboosts - mostly on rushing catalysts if I need to craft something I actually want).

DeletedUser2630

I have already done on the live server and I'm at 20 ribbons. I don't go any further, I didn't have to use accelerators practically. I just have the city a little adapted from this perspective. just charmed what I got.

But I enjoy how some players settle for an event that is so tragic and yet it is clear that they are doing it just so that no one has more than they do.

Except a few players in the forums, when most do not know what it is to play strategically, so in our association there is no one who would be happy with this event. Man was not happy with the tower, but when we see how the game recently worthwhile, so the tower is actually fine.

Phoenix 9/10
Autumn Zodiac 8/10
Winter Magic 0/10

Lovec Krys

Yeah, that's one of the problems with random quests. Even with similar cities, one player finishes quests in a few days, while other struggle to finish them at all.
I just hope that we won't be punished next time again for the few fast players (remember that with this event beta player base got less ribbons than you anticipated. If you optimize next event according to the few fast players, it will be even worse for the rest).

Maillie

If you optimize next event according to the few fast players, it will be even worse for the rest).
For the first time I'm actually not even looking forward to the next event. For me, there's no fun in a Random Number Generator picking my prize and giving me 2 kp. This was hardly worth calling an event, as far as I'm concerned. What's so sad is that they had to do this in our winter event, which was so much fun with the beautiful buildings and sets in the past.

Verde

For the first time I'm actually not even looking forward to the next event. For me, there's no fun in a Random Number Generator picking my prize and giving me 2 kp. This was hardly worth calling an event, as far as I'm concerned. What's so sad is that they had to do this in our winter event, which was so much fun with the beautiful buildings and sets in the past.
Perhaps they're looking for justification to just shut down the events completely, and the event development team? This may come close.

Dony

King of Bugs
Perhaps they're looking for justification to just shut down the events completely, and the event development team? This may come close.
as Marindor explained earlier, they tried new type of event, after it ends they will evaluate how successful it was and it may never return again or only once per year, if we had 6 big events exactly the same it would be boring so i understand they want to mix it up with more type of mechanics in between
thats why its important that everybody express all their feelings about this event, what they like about it or dont like

Deleted User - 86059

Very well put @Dony that is the case indeed and be sure that everything is being passed back to the team

maxiqbert

I'm wondering if you modos actually understand what's happening here.
Your stats tell you we get less ribbons than anticipated, so you tweak ridiculously the quests' rewards.

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM!
the problem is that the event isn't fun to play, so many of us simply don't play, thus gain no or few ribbons.

Last edited:

iDavis

If they want to mix it up with more mechanics in events, I hope they will countinue doing so and one day they throw whole concept of events away and start building it from a scratch - so it will be unique for Elvenar, perfectly suited for game balance and not copying other game, because as it has been said several times, not everything what is popular with players on one side, has to be necessary popular on the other one.

And as I keep saying - if they want to make events fun, then the idea of quests that force us to do the same thing as we do when event is not running (producing supplies, goods, whatever) is absolutely not playing their cards. This is how I see it for years.

Lissona

…not everything what is popular with players on one side, has to be necessary popular on the other one.…
You can't design a game which ist popular to everyone, when you target an audience, which is - in this case - online once a day or 24h a day…
And to have it a success (or to say: the majority on the forums are positive) you could not target it to the majority of players, but to the most active ones (because the rest isn't active on the forums).