• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

Arthus

They just repaired chance from academy chests for additional ribbons.
So i was cheated by official polish team. I demanded compensation officially.

Marindor

I just received support ticket answer from polish team that "this is not a bug and it's on purpose, event on live servers does not need to be exactly the same as on beta servers". So, another nerf, they deleted chance for ribbons from academy chests on live servers.
Merry Christmas!

There seems to have been an issue around this on our Live servers which should be fixed now.

Arthus

There seems to have been an issue around this on our Live servers which should be fixed now.

I opened 3 chests because of official's message that "not everything must be like in beta and it won't be changed".

Ok i change topic because i will be banned again if i won't it seems.

I hope there will be winter stars in event to get or sugar father trees.

Last edited:

LOKINHO

It will not, it was written by polish official team member.
We opened all our chests.
If this will be fixed i will demand compensation.
In the Spanish server it happened the same, I have complained to the moderators if it was a bug ... and today they have already "repaired", we already have the option of 150 red ribbon in the academy.

Jackluyt

By the time we get to chapter 15 we have literally millions of goods with nowhere to use them, other than the ones that cater, which I seldom do. Our huge need in Chapter 15 is for sentient goods. Everything that you use your t1 - t3 for is what we need our sentient goods for, except we need utterly incredible amounts of them. Sentient goods are made from seeds, so we also have to have as many seed producing buildings as we can get our hands on. The amount of seeds from our main building is determined by how many levels of AWs we have. We need to have more of those as well.

We can't have multiples of buildings, each of which take up an entire expansion, that are not needed for anything.

I see your point. But to my mind that speaks of poor design of Chapter XV, not of the Events - which after all are tailored to EVERYONE, not the small number who have reached the end of the tech tree.
:)

Deleted User - 81190

You can't prebuild anyway, you get those quest more often then 9h.
Actually, just how frequent these goods quests are? I am considering building several L23 manus, then load them up on 48 hour productions and hit them with MM to instant completion. Obviously that would only work if there are often other gating quests in between (e.g. gain VV, enchantments, maybe supplies?) where I will be waiting anyway.

Karvest

it can come up every other quest with 33% chance. (11% * 3 quests: t1, t1+t2, t1+t2+t3)
Just look at the table, you'll get one quest from left part then one from right, then repeat until next segments. Which are mostly the same quests, with raised amounts and changed "Solve X Spire Encounters" to "Gain X Relics".

Last edited:

Deleted User - 81190

it can come up every other quest with 33% chance. (11% * 3 quests: t1, t1+t2, t1+t2+t3)
Just look at the table, you'll get one quest from left part then one from right, then repeat until next segments. Which are mostly the same quests, with raised amounts and changed "Solve X Spire Encounters" to "Gain X Relics".
That's for bonus quests though, right? Not planning to go there. I just want to do the regular section more efficiently ;)

Karvest

No, that's for main quest line
Buy 20 Knowledge Points Collect a huge amount of Coins
Complete 1 Province Gain 3 Combining Catalysts
Produce a good amount of either Basic or Crafted Goods. Produce Advanced Tools 5 times with a Workshop from your current or previous three Chapters
Produce a good amount of Marble, Steel or Planks Produce Basket of Groceries 3 times with a Workshop from your current or previous three Chapters
Produce Precious Rings, Marble Mosaics or Wooden Figurines 9 times with a Manufactory from your current or previous Chapter Produce Beverages 12 times with a Workshop from your current or previous three Chapters
Produce Warrior Masks, Decorative Pillars or Wooden Chests 5 times with a Manufactory from your current or previous Chapter Produce Bread 7 times with a Workshop from your current or previous three Chapters
Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology Produce Simple Tools 9 times with a Workshop from your current or previous three Chapters
Use Pet Food 1 time or Complete a Province Produce Toolboxes 2 times with Workshop from your current or previous three Chapters
Spend 30 Knowledge Points or Invest 25 Knowledge Points into any kind of Ancient Wonder
same rules

Last edited:

Jackluyt

I would like to think that chapter 15 players should be included in EVERYONE...

'EVERYONE' would be a lot better off and less likely to complain about the Event quests if the Game Designers had not designed the chapter XV guest race so that one suddenly does not need Tiers 1 - 3 factories any more!
I see that as poor chapter design.
The basic architecture of cities in previous chapters requires players to be able to make reasonable amounts of tiers 1 - 6. The Event designers work on the assumption that everyone has the ability to make all of the first three tiers. You cannot blame them if the mainstream game has suddenly changed the 'rules'...

DeletedUser2630

Well on live, those tasks for Chapter 15 are quite a massacre. From 459,000 instruments to 76,000 T1 or 61,000 T3, 20 tournament fights, get 5 spells, the finery is also to get 25 VV or research. I still have 4 free researches, but you won't waste on such a stupid event, so I picked up some waste ... but I'll get it to the end of the first section and pack it, do tasks for 20 ribbons when this is there now 54 ribbons are just funny :D

Otherwise, there is no problem to get 3 times to get goods from manufactory or 4 times in a row. Although the task is called differently, it does not mean that it is different.

And as for 2000 ribbons fell 1 well ... but the main prizes, not the daily, it's so beautifully balanced that it makes happy only simpler players as I watch our server:rolleyes:

Maillie

You cannot blame them if the mainstream game has suddenly changed the 'rules'...

Those rules actually changed in Chapter 14. There were complaints about space being an issue in Chapter 14 when we only got one expansion in the entire chapter and they introduced tier 6. I remember being told that we would not need tier 1 boosted in Chapter 14, and we didn't. The big difference was that we needed very few of the tier 6 to finish Constructs. We went barreling through that chapter and many got bored waiting for the next chapter, so we got a bit more difficulty in Chapter 15, requiring many more of the tier 4-6 boosted.

Basically the game evolved, but the game itself is still fun for me. The event did not take us into consideration, so I sincerely feel that the game is not perfect for Everyone. I am one of everyone. In my live city nearly the entire first page of our membership either is, or soon will be, in Chapter 15. It's thrilling for me to watch a city join us with 2 houses and a workshop and end up where they are now. Perhaps the quests for the live cities will reflect this. I can only hope so.

DeletedUser1163

These random quests zap all the fun out of this event. Gain 20 Vision Vapor 3x in a row. Really? That’s 60 I had to come up with. Inno, please ask your game devs to include Vision Vapor in the treasure chests, at least during events, and not just one Vision Vapor.

Somehow, I gained a Windmill of Evil. Evil witches reside at this place. Maybe they’re involved in this randomness. Happy I was able to get the Ice Slide. I just have to watch out for the bear. The dust this slide gives forth is going to help tremendously. Ahhhh choo. Excuse me.

Oh, and the gingerbread man hammered away completing another Gingerbread House to help me upgrade my Gingerbread Mansion. The animation the graphic artists came up with for Level 5 is funny.

My scout won’t be back for another 24 hours. After I finish aiding and trading with my very helpful neighbors, I’m off to the “real world” to complete more quests. What’s on my list first? Ah yes, fix dinner.

Deleted User - 81190

No, that's for main quest line
Oh, I didn't realize that regular segments are also splits into 2 buckets each. It seems that for bonus section they split goods and supplies production, but for the regular segments it is the opposite. So there is easy bucket, and hard bucket (goods and supplies production).

Arthus

Well, it's barely day 3 and i made 180 quests on live. Got gingerbread mansion to level 10 and got excess 200 ribbons before bonus section started.
Final quests are for 57 ribbons which is way lower than it was.

I just went ahead and got evo building to level 10 without waiting, now i can focus more on my city and other aspects of the game than this fail event.
I've heard opinions that InnoGames lack good animators and content creators at the moment.

Event summary in my opinion:

+ Nice music

- Terrible rewards system which can reward you 1 KP for near-end quest

- System can make you skip all daily rewards if you are "lucky" enough to pick up reset reward all the time

- Evolution building is very weak and many people won't put it in city, another 3 KP is lame as hell, it could be 1 royal restoration at level 10 and it would change importance of this building, but in-game team doesn't want to give us a finger without cutting off whole hand.

- Quests gave 6688 ribbons, they lowered ammount of them incredibly by giving 6 ribbons (11 to 17) to starting quest while cutting 30+ ribbons from last quest (it was 90+ now it's 57 for last before bonus section)

- For bonus section someone in IG should be fired, 112k of wood produced in manufactories for 20 ribbons is just insulting for players

- 3 years without Tower of the Winter King and strongest pop/cult buildings to get in game, ignoring many propositions to put them in grand rewards

- Yesterday's travesty on live servers with lack of chance for additional ribbons from academy chests

- Many people say that animations are childish, whole event is not majestic and beautiful but made from 5 year old children from kindergarten, Gingerman animation is very creepy according to some people.

Overall scores for 2019 Events:

Carnival 8/10
Phoenix 7/10
Summer Solstice 7/10
Summer Sirens 9/10
Autumn Zodiac 8/10
Winter Magic 1/10

Arthus

It depends, in my opinion it is like this:

Autumn Zodiac 1/10
Winter Magic 7/10

Well i prefer my 5 bears overall (2 brown, 2 pandas, 1 polar, levels 10,10,10,9,10) with their strong feeding effects over chance for 1 gingerbread failure which produces 3 KP, just personal opinion.

Although i must admit that 24 bears for one f2p player on polish server was a travesty, 2 sets should be maximum back then
Now we pay for that travesty with limited events with weak prizes

iDavis

@Arthus I also prefer my bears (got 3 brown), but taking balance of the game and overall organization about event into account, I consider it as the worst event ever. Compared with that, this one is great.