• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

Dony

King of Bugs
Event started on live servers in Poland, we don't have options for additional ribbons from academy chests unlike beta, just regular chests with no % chance for ribbons,
you need to wait for academy receipe refresh or something

Dony

King of Bugs
then wait until tomorow, its same after event ends, where you can get ribbons while no event is running

Deleted User - 81190

Event started on live servers in Poland, we don't have options for additional ribbons from academy chests unlike beta, just regular chests with no % chance for ribbons,
Can confirm for US servers, no ribbons in the Mystical Object yet.

Arthus

I just received support ticket answer from polish team that "this is not a bug and it's on purpose, event on live servers does not need to be exactly the same as on beta servers". So, another nerf, they deleted chance for ribbons from academy chests on live servers.
Merry Christmas!

DeletedUser1163

Why are the game devs using Algorithms now to choose the quests in events? What happened to gathering all the game devs into a think tank conference room and letting them use their logical brains to choose the quests, instead of leaving it up to the computer to choose?
Algorithms may work great in mathematics and computer science but not so in the sequence of quests in a game. Their algorithm is making poor calculations to determine how many times certain quests are arranged in an event. This is making the events miserable for most of us.

I used to enjoy reading the story line and completing quests in events, playing Elvenar for a few hours each day. Now when there’s an event going on, I login for about 20-30 minutes and get bored and frustrated trying to complete repetitious quests. When I find I can’t do much in Elvenar because I’ve run out of supplies coins, etc., I’ll finish trading and aiding my fellowship, then logoff for the rest of the day.

If I can’t get very far in the event because I’ve either wasted all my tries getting Shuffles or I have to wait 24 or more hours to complete quests, I stop playing the event.

DeletedUser1163

@iDavis Well that's not good. I'll just be playing events less and less since the game devs are using algorithms now.

Karvest

Their algorithm is making poor calculations to determine how many times certain quests are arranged in an event.
Seems there is no such algorithm at all for now. They just choose them randomly from 2 lists to be sure that quest is not repeating back to back, but that's all. And due to low amount of quests in the lists, same one often comes up every other quest.

Jackluyt

:) :)

78858545_10215370156947773_8814167666223742976_n.jpg

But we must not be entirely negative about this event! The quest lists are much better than ever before; I have not encountered any that specific players can't or won't do. Take last Event's Three Rotating Chests and tack on this quest list - and that will be a winner.

One thing we can say about this design team - they show a willingness to listen to the players and make changes - so let's see what they come up with next time!

Lovec Krys

But we must not be entirely negative about this event!
Yes, we can.

The quest lists are much better than ever before; I have not encountered any that specific players can't or won't do.
Not true, just try to play event without academy or/and barracks.

One thing we can say about this design team - they show a willingness to listen to the players and make changes - so let's see what they come up with next time!
Yeah, we can all see how they listen.
Nothing changed about quest repetition - we still do the same all the time - wait for goods or supplies this time (I admit it's better than crafting absolute garbage or making toolboxes with high level workshops)
Nothing changed about getting daily rewards - we still pick from 16 boxes where only one is daily reward. So unless we are lucky enough to hit the daily-reshufle-daily combo, we have almost zero chance to get more than 1 daily during the first days of event.
About next time: I'm almost afraid to even think what they bring next time.

@iDavis Quest line might be "infinite" but in reality, for most players it is more or less finite. So let's say, that it pretends to be infinite, while the infinite quests are designed to slow players as much as they can, so the last segment is not worth doing (I'm not even there with my beta city - with my 5-3-2 manufactories I'm constantly waiting 9+hrs for T1s to finish the goods quests).

Arthus

I'm having manufactory productions back to back 5 times in a row now on live servers, after every 2nd quest. No 29+ quest for relics yet and only one for workshops. I placed one t3 manufactory in inventory to get population for 5 additional level 24 manufactories which i'm building right now (level 11 atm). I already have 7 of them. Ridiculous ammount of goods needed for quest in chapter 15 compared to hammers from workshops, which are easily made with chapter 15 magic workshops enhanced with spells.

They forgot that not all chapter 15 players have level 31 tier 1 manufactories, these productions should be based not on chapter, but on level of manufactories which we have unlocked in my opinion. The way it is now, we have to make level 15 ammounts with manufactories from Elementals chapter, which needs 10 of them on level 27 in my case.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 81190

I am curious what they balanced T1 requirements around. So my very first T1 quest in segment 2 on live asked for 37.6K planks in chapter 15. My L24 planks produce less than 4.5K/3h fully juiced with MM. I have 2x of these manus, so can get slightly less than 9K per 3 hour cycles. Which means that I'll need about 15 hours + 2 MMs (at least) with no slippage unless I start dumping timeboosts (I am not going to). And that's literally the first T1 quest, and subsequent segments will be asking multiples of that. I do have 2x L10 Mermaids, but these are on 24 hour cooldowns, and only net about 13K planks once a day.

I haven't had much need for T1 for a long time (even before gaining MPs), and keep stockpiling it, so am wondering what was the expected production capacity that they balanced around. 4x manus? 6x? More? It feels like we're back into building T1 ghettos strictly for events, except now you have to build/teleport leveled ones instead of L1. Don't know about other people in the end game, but I don't have much use for all this T1. It will just keep accumulating. Perhaps I should start taking these 16:1 T1:T3 cross-tier trades ;)

Even if you have multiple manus, you can't prebuild effectively as the longest cycles are 9h (thank you sentient goods!), and amounts to be produced would require multiple cycles even at 9h. And if I understand it correctly, these quests will be pretty common...

Dony

King of Bugs
I just received support ticket answer from polish team that "this is not a bug and it's on purpose, event on live servers does not need to be exactly the same as on beta servers". So, another nerf, they deleted chance for ribbons from academy chests on live servers.
Merry Christmas!
dont believe everything you are being told, it will be hotfixed

Karvest

Even if you have multiple manus, you can't prebuild effectively as the longest cycles are 9h
You can't prebuild anyway, you get those quest more often then 9h.
For me (in chapter 13) it was 8 lvl 27 planks to do such quests in 3h/3h+MM/6h/9h depends on segment.
Chapter 15 wants 2 more of them.
+ some quests were done via collecting T2/T3 from set buildings.

Arthus

dont believe everything you are being told, it will be hotfixed

It will not, it was written by polish official team member.
We opened all our chests.
If this will be fixed i will demand compensation.

Last edited:

Maillie

But we must not be entirely negative about this event! The quest lists are much better than ever before; I have not encountered any that specific players can't or won't do.
Let me try to explain why that is not exactly a correct statement.
In Chapter 15 the total number of researches in the tech tree that need t1 - t3 = 0
The total number of adequate upgrades that require t1 - t3 = 0
The total number of quests that ask for t1 - t3 = 0

By the time we get to chapter 15 we have literally millions of goods with nowhere to use them, other than the ones that cater, which I seldom do. Our huge need in Chapter 15 is for sentient goods. Everything that you use your t1 - t3 for is what we need our sentient goods for, except we need utterly incredible amounts of them. Sentient goods are made from seeds, so we also have to have as many seed producing buildings as we can get our hands on. The amount of seeds from our main building is determined by how many levels of AWs we have. We need to have more of those as well.

We can't have multiples of buildings, each of which take up an entire expansion, that are not needed for anything. I had teleported my useless buildings away in order to increase the number of boosted sentient goods manufactories, then along comes quests that can only be done in the huge buildings that are in inventory. And I have had the "Produce... " quests over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ...

For anyone in the middle of chapter 15, the quest lists are the worst ever. I have the right to be entirely negative about this event, and you have now encountered that specific player. ;)

Deleted User - 81190

For me (in chapter 13) it was 8 lvl 27 planks to do such quests in 3h/3h+MM/6h/9h depends on segment.
That's what I thought. I suppose now I have something to occupy all this empty space after chapter 15 is done. But if I'd be still playing chapters... events would suck even more. At least L1 ghettos you could still squeeze in sometimes. Now... not so much.