• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi @Kersepitje thank you for your response. A couple comments on your response.

Sorry for the rambling but I wanted to be open with you.

hi, @Burger Meister Meister i also thank you for your response and i'm very glad that you are open about your ramblings :)

About your chapter 3 account, you are right, producing the needed amount of goods or supplies takes a while. But on the other hand sending out a scout or finishing a research is faster there then for an end-tech player. This should balance it out for everyone.

As you and some others have already stated, there have been some suggestions made in the past already. But keep in mind that making software takes time. this event was already being implemented before zodiac event was even released. So it takes a bit of time before the feedback is evaluated and implemented.

About 100 quests a day, i never stated anyone was doing this at the moment, but it would happen if we take all the hard quests out. I agree with you, it might be fun to do so much quests a day, but if you are able to do so many, then the amount of ribbons you receive will be much lower. For you that might be not a problem, but i can imagine people also wouldn't be happy when they realize they HAVE to do 1000-2000 quests over the whole event before they can get enough evolution's for 1 building on max. if we don't reduce the amount of ribbons then, then players would end up with 80.000 ribbons. That's what i meant by derailing.

You're point of current event taking all the strategy out of the game and everything turning out too random has been heard very clearly and rest assured that this has already been forwarded.

A personal note: I hope you all manage to at least win some prizes that you want, and that you end up with more good stuff after the event then before.

PS: this will probably be my last reply outside the QA section of the forum. Some of you keep saying you want answers from the team and the team only, so i wanted to help by giving the answers/clarifications when they were needed. Back to testing bugs for me :)

DeletedUser2818

PS: this will probably be my last reply outside the QA section of the forum. Some of you keep saying you want answers from the team and the team only, so i wanted to help by giving the answers/clarifications when they were needed. Now it appears all i do is give answers that infuriate some of you (that much even that my posts get reported) so in that case i better not say anything at all anymore so it stays calm on the forum. Back to testing bugs for me and ignoring the rest. Thats what i call an inconventien truth :)
That's what happens when you treat people with a terribly condescending attitude whilst ignoring their points and twisting their words, all the while ignoring irrefutable realities (such as endgame players being unable to complete Research or Scout Quests). But by all means, feel free to post inflammatory stuff despite being a mod and then not only try and spin it, but even go as far as to state that you'll ignore us, that'll certainly help with the atmosphere.
I'm archiving and screenshotting all this and escalating it by the way, just in case should you feel like deleting it just because you have the power to do so and it's an inconvenient truth.

Burger Meister Meister

hi, @Burger Meister Meister i also thank you for your response and i'm very glad that you are open about your ramblings :)

About your chapter 3 account, you are right, producing the needed amount of goods or supplies takes a while. But on the other hand sending out a scout or finishing a research is faster there then for an end-tech player. This should balance it out for everyone.

As you and some others have already stated, there have been some suggestions made in the past already. But keep in mind that making software takes time. this event was already being implemented before zodiac event was even released. So it takes a bit of time before the feedback is evaluated and implemented.

About 100 quests a day, i never stated anyone was doing this at the moment, but it would happen if we take all the hard quests out. I agree with you, it might be fun to do so much quests a day, but if you are able to do so many, then the amount of ribbons you receive will be much lower. For you that might be not a problem, but i can imagine people also wouldn't be happy when they realize they HAVE to do 1000-2000 quests over the whole event before they can get enough evolution's for 1 building on max. if we don't reduce the amount of ribbons then, then players would end up with 80.000 ribbons. That's what i meant by derailing.

You're point of current event taking all the strategy out of the game and everything turning out too random has been heard very clearly and rest assured that this has already been forwarded.

A personal note: I hope you all manage to at least win some prizes that you want, and that you end up with more good stuff after the event then before.

PS: this will probably be my last reply outside the QA section of the forum. Some of you keep saying you want answers from the team and the team only, so i wanted to help by giving the answers/clarifications when they were needed. Back to testing bugs for me :)

Hi @Kersepitje Thank you for the quick response. Just two more comments.

PS: this will probably be my last reply outside the QA section of the forum.

I don't know about the other posters but I appreciate and would like to see more feedback from the Elvenar Team on the General Discussion forum. The communication gives us a "feel" that you are listening and taking an interest in us. Obviously you don't need to respond to every post but every once in a while a response to a post that reflects the issues that a majority of the players are experiencing is appreciated.

this event was already being implemented before zodiac event was even released. So it takes a bit of time before the feedback is evaluated and implemented.

This is something that I addressed in the "suggestions" forum but got a lot of negative feedback on.
I suggested getting the players involved earlier in an "Alpha world" or "Test World". This would help to avoid a lot of the embarrassment and negative feedback in the Beta world.

While the Beta world has a 2 week lead on the Live World the Alpha world would not have any fixed time constraint so that there is lots of time to address what we would consider major issues.

Thanks, Burger

iDavis

Is winter weather in mobile app implemented correctly? I mean, after last update it seems like pretty difficult for perfomance and a bit lagging.

Verde

@Kersepitje, just curious ... do you have a city in Beta? If so, how's the Winter Event going for you?

DeletedUser1906

Hi @Kersepitje thank you for your response. A couple comments on your response.

That is a fair statement and I agree that players should not be able to complete 100 quests in a day but on the other extreme it shouldn't take 3 days to complete a single quest. I have a chapter 3 City in Beta. Based on your requirements, producing goods or supplies can take 2 to 3 days. For lower level Cities you need to recognize that they are still building up, space is limited and resources are limited. The numbers need to be balanced better. I don't know what it is like for higher level chapters as I don't have a City that high in Beta so can't speak to that.

Yes this is a challenge. While 100 quests a day may be too much, the "average"players should be able to complete 5-10 quests a day. What you have provided is simply impossible. Even if the quest was interesting, making it take more than a day to complete is just NOT FUN. For upper level Cities scouting a province can take 40+ hours to complete. Sure throw one or two of these into the mix but we shouldn't be seeing almost every other or every third quest to be a "scout a province". This quest is just way too frequent. You need to figure out how to truly randomize the quests better. In your internal calculations you can add a weighted value to each quest. If the quest has just been completed set a weighted value so that the odds of it occurring again for the next 10-15 tasks is almost impossible. Harder tasks can be weighted heavier so they don't appear as often.

Agreed. Since it is probably too late to make any further changes before we go to Beta lets focus on the next event. Open up a new "event task list" thread under suggestions and we, the players, will provide you with some ideas. Let us know if there are any guidelines or objective that you are trying to accomplish and we will see if we can fit your requirements.

This point I am still unclear on. There has been some speculation by players but I have not read a suitable response from the Elvenar Team (I may have missed it if there was one with so many messages).

How exactly is the event derailed if the quests are too easy. What exactly is the problem that you are trying to fix. If its "100 quests in a day" what exactly is wrong with that? There was some mention about 15 max'd out bears but that is a simple fix by not giving the second set of 3 bears away for free. Each set of Bears would cost an increasing amount of diamonds like you do with expansion slots.

If I could complete 100 tasks in a day I would actually think that is fun (well maybe not 100 and not every day). For me it would be a challenge to see how many, how fast I could complete.

I liked the previous system where you provided a predetermined task list and no building level requirements. I could actually use my brain and strategy to plan ahead to complete tasks. This is supposed to be a "strategy" game. I would need to optimize my vacant space and create a strategy to plan out the best use of my resources given the limited space. The recent changes are just a crap shoot, no strategy, just luck of the draw. To tell you the truth, the lack of strategy is the part that is not fun.

Part of making it interesting is being able to create a strategy to solve the event. Totally random quests and random prizes have little to no interest for me or by the sounds of it, most other players as well.

High level building requirements do add a challenge but it requires the player to conform to the ideals of the devs which most players don't really want to do. They prefer the freedom of choice. I updated my buildings for the previous event but it totally screwed my game style. Now I am out of population that I would have preferred to use elsewhere. My game style had to be altered just to be able to participate in an event. I don't like doing this.

If you truly want to make this an interesting and fun event then bring back or introduce some degree of strategy. "Random" is not challenging. "Random" is frustrating. "Challenging" is the ability to use my brain and develop and implement a strategy.

You are miles off the mark with this comment. Not only will I fail the challenge but it won't be by only a bit. There is no way that I will be able to evolve the building to any useful level. I don't think that I am alone in this.

One more comment. You want the event to be fun. I want the event to be fun. But one of my goals for the event is to be able to collect a sufficient supply of time boosts, AW KP, daily prizes, etc to last me until the next event.

I have a specific "shopping list" of items that I want. You filled the prize board with garbage. You don't give me any choice (versus the 3 chest system) of the prize that I want and make it near impossible to win more than 1 or 2 of the daily prizes.

One of my most coveted daily prizes from a previous event is "The Great Auction". I managed to save up and spent everything on this daily prize. I managed to win 6 of them and I now have a field of high culture Great Auction buildings. This is strategy. This is fun. This works towards my game style and future playing.

Sorry for the rambling but I wanted to be open with you.

Another amazing post that I would "LOVE" if I could instead of just "like". You are just pulling these things directly out of my thoughts!

1.) Easy FIX to the Bear situation...or any other future evolving buildings...1 set given, others sold via diamond purchase. Makes INNO money in the process of limiting prize winnings.

2.) Make a thread specifically for ideas for future event quest lines. I have a ton of ideas and would surely post on the thread. I am sure others feel the same.

3.) Strategy and Freedom is why I joined Elvenar. If I lose them, then I will eventually wander away from this game to another game to fill my free time.

4.) I also have a specific shopping list of items I want to gain in an event. Mostly Portal Profits and time boosts. Daily prizes and Main prizes are just bonus items to me...if I happen to get them at all.

DeletedUser2781

I don't know wether I shall cry or laugh when I read this *censored* .
Ah whatever, dunno need to say anything about this. If I would write what I think about the author and this troop that would be a lifelong ban for me in this forum for sure ;D

Now I sleep one or two nights over it and decide if I shut down with this game.
I had fun in past here.

But since Inno makes us players with good strategies and 15 bears reasonable for their own incompetence, it is no more fun.

Seems to be a problem of cognitive superiority of the players towards the developers.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Instead of throwing mud and making it personal, please get back on topic from now on. Thank you.

Heymrdiedier

I don't know wether I shall cry or laugh when I read this *censored* .
Ah whatever, dunno need to say anything about this. If I would write what I think about the author and this troop that would be a lifelong ban for me in this forum for sure ;D

Now I sleep one or two nights over it and decide if I shut down with this game.
I had fun in past here.

But since Inno makes us players with good strategies and 15 bears reasonable for their own incompetence, it is no more fun.

Seems to be a problem of cognitive superiority of the players towards the developers.
i dont get it, so you wanna quit because some players won 15 bears because of innos incompetence.
But when they wanna fix that (or try to like in this event) a lot of players (not specificly you) are very angry aswell and quit aswell.
So im not getting what you are asking, do you want to be able to win 15 bears again, or do you want inno to try and fix that?
this seems to be a loose-loose situation.

I totally understand why they changed the quests like they did in this event. I don't get the point why they changed the gifts.
This even totally doesnt interest me at all because they overdid the changes, which is fine by me, ill just skip it and hope for a better event next time. That means they wont get any diamonds from me this time.
If nobody spends a dime then they will surely start to listen. If some people still spend lots, well then i guess its almost game over for me, since it will keep going on like this then.

iDavis

Today, I have spent around 4000 ribbons for presents and in my case, rewards were good enough. Got many instants and also ribbons several times back. (If you are interested in specific results, I attached link to the video in my signature).

DeletedUser2781

i dont get it, so you wanna quit because some players won 15 bears because of innos incompetence.
But when they wanna fix that (or try to like in this event) a lot of players (not specificly you) are very angry aswell and quit aswell.
So im not getting what you are asking, do you want to be able to win 15 bears again, or do you want inno to try and fix that?
this seems to be a loose-loose situation.

The thing is Inno had a good idea to fix this by giving less ribbons in endless 2nd questpool.
But quests like scouting, complete province, buy a big amount of KP makes us stuck very early and if we go further, we perhaps stuck in future events if these quests come again. So we will just quit to play the event and this is frustrating. We were looking forward to this event but Inno takes away the pleasure.

Inno just had to decide how many prizes players approximately should get in maximum. A developer could run the event as simulation for one or 2 days (by speeding up the production times for the simulation it takes not long). After this they can balance it by giving more or less ribbons. If you read this forum, I still described this. To balance an event takes more than jst copy paste a similar event.

But if Inno does not try to make good events again, it will be nothing than a waste of time, so perhaps I better quit playing this one.

Heymrdiedier

The thing is Inno had a good idea to fix this by giving less ribbons in endless 2nd questpool.
But quests like scouting, complete province, buy a big amount of KP makes us stuck very early and if we go further, we perhaps stuck in future events if these quests come again. So we will just quit to play the event and this is frustrating. We were looking forward to this event but Inno takes away the pleasure.

Inno just had to decide how many prizes players approximately should get in maximum. A developer could run the event as simulation for one or 2 days (by speeding up the production times for the simulation it takes not long). After this they can balance it by giving more or less ribbons. If you read this forum, I still described this. To balance an event takes more than jst copy paste a similar event.

But if Inno does not try to make good events again, it will be nothing than a waste of time, so perhaps I better quit playing this one.
i also have trouble with the fact that scout or reseach is added once again without an alternative (see many post earlier).

Buying kp i personally don't see as a problem yet. You can get that kp from money or goods, so lots of ways. However, produce or buy kp would be a better alternative to me for that quest. That way kp from the tome of secrets or from those little librarys could also count. Kp from tournament or provinces would make that quest too easy again so i wouldnt opt for 'gain' kp.

I think inno doesn't want to impose a max of prizes, because that could mean some diamond players would stop spending diamonds when they reached that max. But thats a choice they make, go for the money this way, with risk of non diamond players getting too many aswell. Which then results in whole event being nerfed for everyone and they loosing out of diamonds overall. Not the wisest decision in my opinion but still a corporate decision where we dont have much impact on.

I have a high account (elvenar chapter) and a low account (pre guestrace chapter) and i must say i get both perspectives that way. The scout or research i love on the low account, i hate on the high account. However the collect goods/hammer are easy peasy on the high account (thanks to wonders and such) while they take very long on the low account. So in my view that balances it out a bit. Everyone gets some quest that take long and some that go fast. Now this doesnt make these quests fun, in fact i think none of the event quest are very inspired. They ask for normal day stuff, they don't add any extra dimension of fun to the game.

Im still with Crazywizard on this, an eventisland is still a great idea, we both loved that back in the day we still played anno-online.

Karvest

In anno this event was ruined by pay2win on most servers, though. (glad we won first one without donations on our, that was a real challenge).

Deleted User - 82430

Buying KP counter should be frozen while doing quest - "Buy X KP"

iDavis

Don´t worry about buying KPs in events. Keep in mind that not only cost for 1 KP is growing, but also your profits (from your residences) and storage, as you develop your city. We can assume that the ratio between costs and profit stays at least constant.

Deleted User - 82430

Don´t worry about buying KPs in events. Keep in mind that not only cost for 1 KP is growing, but also your profits (from your residences) and storage, as you develop your city. We can assume that the ratio between costs and profit stays at least constant.
I can't agree with you. In zodiac event I had to buy something between 600-800 KP, because of the dumb lottery questline. So in next events I will only get harder task to buy KP till the point I won't.

LOKINHO

Hello, I have finished the normal missions, and I have entered the bonuses that give 20 red bow ...
collecting all possible ground and missions, the total number of red ribbon is 5800 with normal missions ... if I take numbers, we will get an artifact for every 1100-1200 spent red ribbon, which, we will get ONLY 5 artifacts !!! And here there is no more or less luck, that is, before depending on whether the chests gave you more red bow or less, you could reach 7 artifacts or even 8 ... but in this way, it is impossible !! It forces you to continue doing missions that give you 20 red bow, often spawn of event !!!
You have looked INNO ... And on top of that you don't change anything ... I don't know why you asked us for advice on how to modify something, if you haven't paid any attention.

Dony

King of Bugs
Hello, I have finished the normal missions, and I have entered the bonuses that give 20 red bow ...
collecting all possible ground and missions, the total number of red ribbon is 5800 with normal missions ... if I take numbers, we will get an artifact for every 1100-1200 spent red ribbon, which, we will get ONLY 5 artifacts !!! And here there is no more or less luck, that is, before depending on whether the chests gave you more red bow or less, you could reach 7 artifacts or even 8 ... but in this way, it is impossible !! It forces you to continue doing missions that give you 20 red bow, often spawn of event !!!
You have looked INNO ... And on top of that you don't change anything ... I don't know why you asked us for advice on how to modify something, if you haven't paid any attention.
there were rebalancing of ribbons in this event, some ppl were hit hard by it, but its beta, its expected here

Maillie

The most fun that I have had in events was when I was between chapters. I could carefully plan and finish the event early. That's one of the fun parts that I'm missing here.

As far as someone getting multiples of event prizes, why is that such a bad thing? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just wondering how that is any different from seeing cities full of magic workshops and houses? I applaud those that can afford to do that. They help the game in more ways than just keeping it alive. Those are the players that can take trades to help those of us that can't. They can afford to add expansions to build more of the maxed buildings, and it is truly helpful, and appreciated greatly by me.

My biggest concern is that the ones in the middle of Chapter 15 are at a standstill in completing techs. We need some relief in the way of fun when we get a tech that requires 300,000 sentient goods for one single research. In some cases I have sat for days going nowhere. Can't get an expansion from scouting any more, even though there are dozens of expansions left.

This event is not the fun break we need from being stuck. Just go back to when it was fun. Let them buy their way to having 10 bears if they want them. It's little difference from having magic workshops and magic houses. Or at least maybe someone can explain why it's such a terrible thing that we have to scrap the events that were fun.

DeletedUser3036

in the end, how much ribbons do those 180 quest give now ? :rolleyes: I thought we were supposed to get 1 evolving build to lvl 10 with that ?