• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

Deleted User - 81190

This might be an unpopular point, but I really want to raise the question if Inno should not stop to offer "power" items (like the phoenix or the bears) as main rewards. This just leads to a power creep destroying the game balance in the long run (which is anyhow not a strong point of Inno).
If the grand prizes are mainly cosmetic (maybe new skins for existing buildings) it wouldnt pose a problem if people win "too many"..
Powercreep plays the same role in games like Elvenar as monetary inflation does in economics. Too much is bad, but you basically have to have some for things to function properly. Have a thought experiment - what if we had negative powercreep? I.e. every new event we get buildings that are strictly worse than the ones before that? Well, you know what will happen - no one will play new events as you'd get all you need and sit on that forever as it will always be better. It's slightly different while one is progressing through the chapters as worse building in a higher chapter may still be worth it, but once you're approaching late/end game, your event participation will stop. That's not a great setup. No powercreep works the same way. If new buildings, however, are ever slightly better than then ones before, you're always tempted to participate in the events as your old buildings ever so slightly getting obsolete, even if you're at the end game.

DeletedUser2781

Or what about defending "creeps"?

Inno needs to bring monsters or whatever to the islands.
The Event Prize would be than a magical curtain which bewares the city from the monsters. To activate the curtain you need something like an essence from heaven. If monsters are around your town and you have the curtain not active, pets will be deactivated for example.

DeletedUser1953

The return of the quest "Scout 1 Province OR Research 1 Technology ",
For player finished elvenar era (sure little but should be hardcore with a lot of diamond) => Scout > 4d, you can chain scout+some quest+scout => thus 60 ribbons for 9 days, do you really think that it is fun ? You need an alternative feasible in 1-2 days maximum. In the past, we can use time reduction, but you delete this possibilty too (nobody will use 4x24h reduction for 20 ribbons because it is random and the quest can reappear !)

When do you up the grand prize ? Do you really need bad feedback on the live before change ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Burger Meister Meister

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that we are still reading your feedback. At the moment there is not much news to share though, but we're still forwarding it and it's been looked at together with the game statistics and performance to see if any further changes should be made or not for this particular event. Like someone said above: balance wise it's still possible to get the reward building at a high enough level without premium spending, which was one of our goals, so in that regard it seems that the balancing in terms of the grand prizes is about where we want it to be, from a design perspective. We do see the concerns about the relatively low chances for the daily reward, but at the same time the suggestion to e.g. make Reshuffle available upon request would have too big an impact on that balancing aspect. So long story short: Please do keep forwarding your findings and know that we keep monitoring everything to see if further changes are needed before this event launches on Live.

@Marindor My findings so far are...My City in the Beta world is on chapter 3. At this level I find the event no fun at all. Believe it or not one of the easiest tasks at this level is "Scout a Province" as it only takes about an hour or so. The most difficult tasks are to produce supplies or goods. I am currently working on producing planks and based on the level of the buildings in my City it takes me two days to complete these tasks.

I haven't gotten far enough to build a strong army so "Gain x relics" is also difficult.
My Magic Academy is only level 2 so getting items from there is near impossible.

I have been playing every day and have barely made any significant progress. Any talk of balancing and fairness is just crap. I don't see any way of getting the reward building to a high enough level that would make it worthwhile.

When this game goes live I will not play this ridiculous event in my chapter 3 City but I might consider playing it in my chapter 10 City. I will not go out of my way to complete tasks as I have done in previous events. It the tasks happen to coincide with what I am working on then I will try to complete them.

Burger Meister Meister

resulting in players literally building more than 15 Bears on their max level without spending 1 diamond.

@Marindor Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying but how can anyone build 15 Bears on their max level when only 3 bear buildings were given in the first place to evolve. Where did they get the extra 12 Bears from?

Deleted User - 81190

@Marindor Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying but how can anyone build 15 Bears on their max level when only 3 bear buildings were given in the first place to evolve. Where did they get the extra 12 Bears from?
After you get enough artifacts to evolve all 3 to L10 (so 27 artifacts) you would gain another 3 bear buildings, and then another 3 after another 27 artifacts and so on.

Lovec Krys

Well, today's daily prize is 15% PP. Previous event, it was 20%. Yet another nerf.
It seems that this event motto is: Nerf everything.
If some manager thinks that nerfing everything motivates players to spend more, than he should be promoted to a position where he cannot continue damaging the game.

DeletedUser3003

Well, today's daily prize is 15% PP. Previous event, it was 20%. Yet another nerf.
It seems that this event motto is: Nerf everything.
If some manager thinks that nerfing everything motivates players to spend more, than he should be promoted to a position where he cannot continue damaging the game.

My God, what is going on with this event??
EVERYTHING IS WORSE THAN PAST EVENTS

Is this Christmas or a nightmare?

DeletedUser2329

I quoted it so I won;t have to repeat it. It's not enough that you ruined everything else, you had to ruin dailies as well.

Let's go past that. Today my setup of "fillers" was kind of nice. Apart from the four standards there were quite a lot of time boosters, time boosters X2, 200 ribbons, ancient knowledge 15, 3X pet food and a couple of indifferent ones. "Worth trying", I thought.
So, I shuffle.
First attempt....Coin Rain.
"Well, three days now I have managed to collect about 500 ribbons...all gooddddddd" I'm thinking.
Second attempt.... Reshuffle.
Now my fillers are Ancient knowledge 1 and 5, frozen flame, PP and IM spells, coin rain, pet food(one) and a couple of time instants.
You guys have managed the impossible.
To ruin even the slightest enthusiasm of a player with this event.
Well if your goal was to lead people to google search "Best browser games", you've nailed it!!!!!!!!!!

Maillie

I have posted previously about my disappointing winnings of 3 marble relics and a box containing 2kp. I have to say things have improved. Today I am happy to announce that I received a real prize that actually made it into my inventory. I won a 2x1 Candy Cane Unicorn, complete with 2500 Culture! It doesn't have any of that pesky population that no one needs. It doesn't make seeds, mana, nor does it create unnecessary goods or sentient goods.

This great treasure almost makes me think I should pay money to get more ribbons when it gets to my live city, I have done that before. My main city is in Chapter 15, the same as the Beta city, so think of the joy I would get from seeing another unicorn in my inventory!

This just keeps getting better. Maybe in a couple of days when I get to open another box I can win the 1 kp that I missed the other day.
[/sarcasm]

We do NOT need filler prizes. There is no need to put anything like this in something that we have to earn. We come here to have fun, not to be reminded that we're too unlucky to be able to play games of chance.

My suggestion is to cut the amount of boxes in half. Once you have received a silly prize it should be removed permanently from our list so that eventually we can be assured that we will at least receive SOMETHING. Right now there is no guarantee that I will get anything more than a 2x1 unicorn. Unless things change A LOT, I can't foresee getting the gingerbread house more than 1/2 evolved. This event will be quite memorable, but for all the wrong reasons.

Avenahar

Do I understand it right that "reshuffle" is always part of the presents and makes it possible to gain more than 16 daily prices? Otherwhise a lot of players would be very disappointed when they want to replace an old event-building by a new one, e.g. the wishingwell.

DeletedUser1906

So the event is nearly half over and I only have 2 gingerbread artifacts. I have gained zero daily prizes, and only "fillers". As a person that plays several times every day, I am not thrilled. If I continue at this rate of pace then I will not even have the gingerbread mansion to a half way evolved status. So what's the point of placing it in my city with limited space as it is?

I understand the idea was to limit the number of prizes and such, but by the end of the event (any event) I should have gotten at least one great prize. So far the daily prizes being nothing special...like buildings we have already seen or basic items that are little more than "filler" prizes...isn't a big deal, as I cannot seem to obtain the daily prize anyway.

At this point, I won't be playing this on any of my live cities. I see no point. For "filler" prizes? I won't be able to have the evolving building even close to fully evolved. I have a very slim chance at getting a Daily prize. The daily prizes are not inspiring anyway. The filler prizes are not inspiring either.

aliceFalling

lmao maillie...

but ummm...

with the new devs they may not understand that you are joking! maybe we'll all get 1
I have posted previously about my disappointing winnings of 3 marble relics and a box containing 2kp. I have to say things have improved. Today I am happy to announce that I received a real prize that actually made it into my inventory. I won a 2x1 Candy Cane Unicorn, complete with 2500 Culture! It doesn't have any of that pesky population that no one needs. It doesn't make seeds, mana, nor does it create unnecessary goods or sentient goods.

This great treasure almost makes me think I should pay money to get more ribbons when it gets to my live city, I have done that before. My main city is in Chapter 15, the same as the Beta city, so think of the joy I would get from seeing another unicorn in my inventory!

This just keeps getting better. Maybe in a couple of days when I get to open another box I can win the 1 kp that I missed the other day.
[/sarcasm]

We do NOT need filler prizes. There is no need to put anything like this in something that we have to earn. We come here to have fun, not to be reminded that we're too unlucky to be able to play games of chance.

My suggestion is to cut the amount of boxes in half. Once you have received a silly prize it should be removed permanently from our list so that eventually we can be assured that we will at least receive SOMETHING. Right now there is no guarantee that I will get anything more than a 2x1 unicorn. Unless things change A LOT, I can't foresee getting the gingerbread house more than 1/2 evolved. This event will be quite memorable, but for all the wrong reasons.

KP prizes now!

LMAOROTF (or not)

Burger Meister Meister

Of course we will consider the feedback for future events and discuss where we want to go from here, but there's also the "pressing" matter for the current event, so for now it's about finetuning the system that we have as good as possible, indeed without interrupting the game balance.

Hi @Marindor. I understand what you are asking and I understand your position about wanting this event to be as good as possible before it goes Live but I think the reality is that the changes that the devs have made have totally destroyed the event.

If Beta is 2 weeks ahead of Live then by my rough calculations this event should be going Live in a couple of days. There is very little, if anything, that can now be done now to improve this event. The last thing that you want to be doing is changing the event while it is Live.

This event is about the best that it can be, which is not very good at all. I think that you and the rest of the team are going to have to live with the fact that this event will be a disaster.

As a company I know that you need an income stream that most likely comes from the sale of diamonds. With your mandate for balancing in order to entice players to spend more money on diamonds I think you have tipped the scales too far and have insulted your customers and it may backfire on you. You have taken the fun out of the game and turned it too much into a business. The Inno team needs to learn how to run a business without making the players feel like it is a business.

Changing the game balance was a major part of the mistake. Could you not think of other ways of encouraging spending without tampering with the game balance?

I have spent real money to buy diamonds in the past but there is nothing about this event that I would want to spend a single penny on.

After the event goes Live you will get Live feedback and that will directly affect your pocketbook (either positively or negatively). Maybe you will achieve what you wanted or maybe you won't. But if this does smack you back in the face maybe it will be a wake-up call to talk with us before making such sweeping and dramatic changes.

Remember, we are the players. We know what is fun, We know what we are willing to spend money on. If it 'aint fun then it 'aint worth the price.

Please don't drive the players away in a desperate money grab.

Burger Meister Meister

After you get enough artifacts to evolve all 3 to L10 (so 27 artifacts) you would gain another 3 bear buildings, and then another 3 after another 27 artifacts and so on.

@MinMax Gamer Wow Really! I didn't know that. I have never gotten that far before.

If that is the case the answer is simple. Don't offer an extra 3 buildings after they have been max'd out.
All of these changes just to prevent players from getting 15 buildings when it is a simple matter of not providing more?

This is just too ridiculous.

But as we all know that isn't really the problem. Inno still wants players to get 15 buildings. What they don't want is for players to get them for free.
The simple solution is once you max out a set of Bears rather than just giving you the next set, you would have to buy the next set with diamonds. Each set would get more expensive just like buying expansions with diamonds.

Walking

But as we all know that isn't really the problem. Inno still wants players to get 15 buildings. What they don't want is for players to get them for free.
The simple solution is once you max out a set of Bears rather than just giving you the next set, you would have to buy the next set with diamonds. Each set would get more expensive just like buying expansions with diamonds.

That sounds like a great compromise. However, based on what I have read here, I predict that no matter what change they make, someone will complain about it, probably with extreme sarcasm and vitriol. Seems like a lot of people have never heard of the proverb that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Biloutte91

Hello guys. there are new buildings supposedly in this event ... Where are they?
Capture d’écran 2019-11-27 à 16.52.07.png
Capture d’écran 2019-11-27 à 16.52.16.png
Capture d’écran 2019-11-27 à 16.52.28.png

There are only 15 days left and I do not have one ... if they are in the gifts, well it's not won

impossible to open 16 gift by day ...