• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

Ashrem

@ashrem Even light decrease is still decrease. And do you realy think that if such quest is implemented it appears only 10 times and not 100 times?
Technically, yes. But technically an decrease in temperature from 21C to 20.9C is still a decrease, yet it will have no effect on anyone who isn't running a highly sensitive experiment.

Lovec Krys

@ashrem Even small decrease of temperature can cause water to freeze. And don't forget the psychological effect of such change: First they remove any strategy and now they force us to spend event currency when we don't want to. So your suggestion won't help anybody, but can cause some players to quit (last drop of water destroying the dam).

DeletedUser2236

One thing no one mentioned is what if you got the spend 50 ribbons when you have only 10 (having spent the rest on previous prizes). You would have to wait until you collected 40 ribbons from around your city. i dont know what the average time that would be but it would annoy me.

Ashrem

@ashrem Even small decrease of temperature can cause water to freeze. And don't forget the psychological effect of such change: First they remove any strategy and now they force us to spend event currency when we don't want to. So your suggestion won't help anybody, but can cause some players to quit (last drop of water destroying the dam).
This is no freezing water. You've managed to wrap up multiple logical fallacies in a single argument. Congratulations.
Even 10 times is 10 attempts to get wanted daily, and it is significant chance to get it.
It's only 10 attempts lost if none of the ten times the quest comes up is ever on a day when you want the daily, and ten attempts is a slightly better than 50% chance of getting an undesired daily, if all ten times are on days you don't want the daily.
One thing no one mentioned is what if you got the spend 50 ribbons when you have only 10 (having spent the rest on previous prizes). You would have to wait until you collected 40 ribbons from around your city. i dont know what the average time that would be but it would annoy me.
1) it's proposed as an alternative, which means there would be another quest with it that would work.
2) If you only have four workshops and you hit a quest to produce 5 24 hour productions, it's going to take you as long as gathering another 40 ribbons would.
3) 50 was a random figure based on the cost of uncovering a single gift. Since that is lower now, and quests pay more, it would be an irrelevant number.

All of the above said, I'm done trying to make the point. People who aren't interested in understanding are not going to be convinced by me. It's not like there's any sign anyone at Inno really wants ideas when they ask for them anyway. They're going to do what they want.

Karvest

It's only 10 attempts lost if none of the ten times the quest comes up is ever on a day when you want the daily, and ten attempts is a slightly better than 50% chance of getting an undesired daily, if all ten times are on days you don't want the daily.
The chance of getting undesired daily is irrelevant when we are talking about the chance of getting desired one.
And it would be bigger than 50% for 10 attempts, since each attempt done in a single day increase the probability to get what you want except the one with reshuffle that reset your progress (if you not already got the desired daily, if so - even reshuffle make you closer to get another one). There are very few daily's that may be wanted if you are not casual player who looks only at visual part of them, and most of quests would be finished before desired one comes up. The only one worth taking (except wishing well on the first day) - was Igloo Festival which came up when there was only 32 quests left until the end of main quest line for me. (Live version would have 25 quests less, so it would be even closer to the end). I still hope for some better daily, and if it would come up - almost all appearance of such quest would be not on a day with it.

April99

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement for this year's Winter Event here and let us know what you think about it!

Happy Holidays,
Your Elvenar Team
One thing that I've been experiencing is when the task requires any amount of product from manufacturing. No matter the material required, when I go to gather the product at any given time I may or may not get credit for the amount. It can be buildings of the same level or it can also be the same building that I gathered 3 hours ago will not get accredited toward the total. It's been a hit or miss for me.

LOKINHO

Good, I can now provide 100% verified and proven data by me in beta, today there were wells and I spent everything I had (5800 ties from regular missions and 900 more from bonus missions, yes, I have done 45 bonus missions so far 45x20 = 900 ties, ridiculous for what it is but well ... total 6700 ties)
The results or conclusions?
1.- I could hardly take advantage of one or two x2 ... due to the lottery or luck that is going to be had since there are 16 gifts ...
2.- Every time you shuffle, the panel prizes change, and because of this, I don't know if because of my bad luck or that ... every time in a new panel a gift with 200 ties appeared to me (which is the one that most ties gives) before opening 5 gifts, I had already left the shuffle with 95% of the time (come on I don't know if only 1 time I could get the 200 ties ...)
3.- I was able to obtain thanks to the fact that I was able to use the x2 a couple of times in fortunately the daily prize (either because I had discovered it, or by chiripa ...) about 12 wells ... we go 12 prizes daily, something that It is unfortunate!!
4.- With those 6700 ties, I obtained about 224 hammers, and with them completing houses, I obtained 11 artifacts, that is, it is possible to raise the building to the maximum level, for those who spend or get used to doing missions, it may even be 2 buildings can go up, since there are still 8 days left and, even me, I can get a couple of safer artifacts ...
5.- My inventory this time has been filled with disgusting garbage, 2x1 buildings that give a misery of culture, some of 2x2 icy flames, 1pdc, 3 pdc in fungible, some rune one at a time ... some spell of one in one (hopefully 2 in 2 ... even with some x2 I caught 4 inspiring meditation) but come on, my pdc bar after spending all this, stayed at 57 ... what do I mean? in the last event for example, when I said to spend everything, my pdc bar thanks to the chest of 142, was always above 100-140 pdc ... only with this we see that it is half or a third of what before we got in prizes, and from the newspapers as I said before, almost better not to speak, because 12 ?? TWELVE OF TRUTH ?? !!!! And I would risk saying that many will get less than 12 ... and few may reach 15 ...
All this, in a Christmas event of parties, pure happiness, rest and relaxation, after curing you 28 days all this to obtain ... such misery, you should make it look ... it is neither normal nor good, but good. I leave the data there.
As others said, I will participate, you are not going to annoy me Christmas or having a simple memory of my Christmas 2019 to say goodbye to the year as painful as it may be, but my complaints will be forever, and you have guaranteed coal .

Arthus

If there would be more dailies in the pool like 2-3, maybe this event would be worth a shot.
Unfortunately feedback got ignored. Gingerbread mansion is not Phoenix or Bears to be worth such difficulty level.

The problem solving isn't cutting off rewards for all players because some individuals went to have 24 bears. To be honest it's not their fault, if i had a chance i would go for it too.
I wish they would mix up evolution buildings with regular set buildings, some players didn't have a chance to get winter set or carnival set or Kirit/Krarak set.

Also, gingerbread mansion, stonehenge and siren's paradise are a lot weaker than phoenix or bears. Then why they allowed players to get so many bears but cut gingerbread mansion to one, if this building is weak and it's strength would be quantity? It's not logical.

@Marindor is there any chance to change the effect of this building for it to be worth placing in city? I see many posts about players not even wanting to build it because of KP bonus... Can't KP be changed for something unique, not Siren's paradise copycat?

Last edited:

Deleted User - 81190

There are number-of-productions quests in the bonus section, e.g. 5x9h production of leveled T1. Can someone confirm whether one can mix and match different T1s? E.g. doing 2x runs in my boosted T1s as well as 2x runs in my T1+1 ones (doing actual T1, not sentients) would count as 4x runs, and not as two different 2x runs?

DeletedUser1163

@Verde I agree with Verde. When I start seeing random quests appearing over and over again, I just log out for the day and find something constructive to do or a new game to play. I have a question. Why can't we have these events a month before we start preparing and celebrating holidays and have them only last a few weeks? Inno, give your talented graphic artists and game devs a break so they can enjoy the holidays too. I haven't spent Christmas with my son since he started his new job because his employer requires him to work on holidays. At least he gets holiday pay but after taxes, it's not much. Bah, Humbug!

Heymrdiedier

about these produce goods quests. Is it easier to use T1, T2 or T3 for that?
Theoreticly T3 would be better since you need less room in your city for that production, but the quests asked more T3 then T1, which makes T1 better again?
Anyone know?

Deleted User - 82430

1. I personally have this strange feeling that there is REAL Magic in current event system of lottery,
2. & Before choosing any of presents - all presents are "empty"
3. I suppose system works "simmilar to previous events", but this time there is only "one BOX" (for all presents):
For example:

----------9% something
----------9% something
----------9% something
----------9% something
----------9% something
----------9% something
----------9% something
----------9% something
----------9% something
----------9% something
----------6,5% Reshuffle
----------2% See two
----------0,8% Double Prize
----------0,5% Daily reward
----------0,2% Ribbons

4. Next box "You choose" is the same above minus the thing You've "won"

Dony

King of Bugs
There are number-of-productions quests in the bonus section, e.g. 5x9h production of leveled T1. Can someone confirm whether one can mix and match different T1s? E.g. doing 2x runs in my boosted T1s as well as 2x runs in my T1+1 ones (doing actual T1, not sentients) would count as 4x runs, and not as two different 2x runs?
doesnt work, must be same goods
about these produce goods quests. Is it easier to use T1, T2 or T3 for that?
Theoreticly T3 would be better since you need less room in your city for that production, but the quests asked more T3 then T1, which makes T1 better again?
Anyone know?
it was changed its now T1 then around 10% less T2 and then around 10% less T3, for bonus segment is 112800 T1 and 102K T2

Karvest

percentages are different for different chapters, though
For me (Amuni) it is 88.2k T1 / 68.25k T2 for endless segment and 58800 T1 / 45500 T2 / 40590 T3 for last big segment of main quest line (77.38% T2 and 69.03% T3).

Deleted User - 81190

...for bonus segment is 112800 T1 and 102K T2
Is it for chapter 15? Holy cow, this is probably 2-3 days worth of regular production for me. And all that for 20 ribbons? OK then ;)

By the way, does sentient decay count like goods production?

Dony

King of Bugs
i hope they will make this requirement more clear for next event, nobody knows the numbers unless you collect from it and its higher then actuall progress so it updates

lika1961

I have been stuck in an endless cycle of produce T1 goods, produce supplies and upgrade a building to level 4 or higher.
Even with spells on every T1 factory, it takes multiple production runs to complete the quest.
Today it was complete x tournament provinces, gain 4 spells, do 4 neighbour visits, gain 4 spells and now buy 10KP for the 4th time in the event. I do not want to buy KP for a quest. Ever! It should be my choice when that happens.
I have 3 gingerbread artifacts so far and enough hammers for probably one more. Although disappointing, that is not the worst thing as I would never place a building with those specs in my level 15 city. The worst thing is that I have had absolutely no fun during this event so far and that is really disappointing.

Arthus

Event started on live servers in Poland, we don't have options for additional ribbons from academy chests unlike beta, just regular chests with no % chance for ribbons,
All players in my fellowship don't even care about main prize and called this event "wheel of fortune"
What a wasted 3 weeks of time... They could change everything but they didn't want.