• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

Karvest

So you only want choices where you always like one of them?
Again, ignoring any quest is the same as ignoring the whole event. So there is no choice to ignore any single quest without a global choice of ignoring all other quests at the same time. That is not about liking them or not. Such quest is easy to do, and won't slowdown anybody, but will add frustration about wasted ribbons unless it rewards with more ribbons than it asks.

Luna Star

Hello :mad:
The Christmas event is not so bad, but hopefully when you go to the other servers, you change the option to buy knowledge points, they become more expensive with each purchase and with coins or products become unviable. I spent three Sometimes for the same mission to buy 10 knowledge points, since they do not return to the minimum price as happens in the trader, this mission must be changed to gain 10 knowledge points, where we can choose where to get, in provincial battles, buy , collect It is an old wonder either in the library or even in the magic academy, so it is more feasible, because buying every time this quest seems to be that in every event we have this quest, the day will come when all the events will be parked. this mission.
It's time to change this quest or buy 1 knowledge point. :confused::cool:

Lovec Krys

@ashrem Yeah, if you want to make players even more angry, then the spend ribbon quest is one of the best way to do it.
Like the number of daily prizes needs another nerf, that's exactly what your suggestion is. Like I would like to spend 50 ribbons to get the stupid unicorn for example. And since we have perfect random system, I can imagine that you get this quest very offen, so basicaly it completely ruins your chance to get some usefull daily building from event.
So please avoid suggestions which make this horrible system even worse.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Do you mean that this is the format for future events? Please tell me that this isn't what our events are going to be like from now on. Please not that. Our events used to be fun. We could get really useful things that kept us from being so stuck in the later chapters. We're treading water in Chapter 15, going nowhere.

We actually lost a Chapter 15 member from our fellowship yesterday, she messaged that she had been stuck for too long and the event gave her nothing to help so she was leaving the game. To think that we'll be opening boxes with 2 kp in them forever is daunting.

That is a question we cant answer yet. We will evaluate the event when it is over, and decisions about future events will be made depending on those evaluations.

Dony

King of Bugs
@Kersepitje / @Marindor Just to let you know. I have saved up all of my ribbons for today and spent them all by going through a few rounds of the random prize board. I managed to get the daily prize but I also ended up with a lot of "junk". 20 days into this 29 day event and I have a grand total of 2 "Gingerbread artifacts". There is no way in which I will be able to get the building evolved to a decent level.

What is most frustrating is winning the daily prize on the second gift box and then getting the reshuffle as the second last gift box. What a load of junk.

While I can kill the "Scout a Province" tasks in less than 2 hours with my chapter 3 City, the back-to-back "Produce <x> goods" and "Produce <x> marble, planks or steel" tasks are killing me. This is the one time that I want to see "Scout a Province" more often but it is coming up rarely for me.

I am so far away from reaching the goal there is no way in which I would waste any money on diamonds to get closer.

This event is such a non-event.
if you really thought that chapter 3 city will get easily gingerhouse mansion to stage 10, then you have set your expectation unrealisticly damn high

CrazyWizard

if you really thought that chapter 3 city will get easily gingerhouse mansion to stage 10, then you have set your expectation unrealisticly damn high

it aint that hard if you try,

The problem is he doens't try.
2 gingerbread artefacts means that so far he hasn't done much/anything.

I was suprised how quickly those buildings go up.
2 artifacts is what +-30 hammers? it means that he hasn't done much quests.

Burger Meister Meister

@Dony / @CrazyWizard

The ability to finish an event is not dependent upon your level in the game. Every player at every level should have the exact same chances of completing an event otherwise it is a stupid event and totally unbalanced.

Why not just call it "Event for Advanced players only and forget the rest"

As far as as not trying is concerned, I got caught with "Produce <x> amount of goods" quest after quest and then "Produce <x> amount of supplies". In chapter 3 this took me 7x 3 hour builds (21 hours) each so lets call it at least 2 days for 26 ribbons. Only twice did I get "Scout a Province" which took me an hour an a half.

I am not going to waste boosts (which I have very few of) on this event.

Dony

King of Bugs
The ability to finish an event is not dependent upon your level in the game. Every player at every level should have the exact same chances of completing an event otherwise it is a stupid event and totally unbalanced.
you are imagining some perfect world scenario, which doesnt exist and will never exist and on top of that its a lottery system were pure luck is above everything
i have finished main quests in chapter15 and i dont have 9 artifacts just because rebalancing have hit me hard

Karvest

In chapter 3 this took me 7x 3 hour builds (21 hours) each so lets call it at least 2 days for 26 ribbons
Your workshops and factories levels are too low for your chapter. For goods there is also problem with low relics boost, which seems was not taken into account by Inno when they did balancing quests for low chapters.

CrazyWizard

@Dony / @CrazyWizard

Why not just call it "Event for Advanced players only and forget the rest"

As far as as not trying is concerned, I got caught with "Produce <x> amount of goods" quest after quest and then "Produce <x> amount of supplies". In chapter 3 this took me 7x 3 hour builds (21 hours) each so lets call it at least 2 days for 26 ribbons. Only twice did I get "Scout a Province" which took me an hour an a half.

I am not going to waste boosts (which I have very few of) on this event.

If you would be really trying you could finish it.
but maybe just maybe relic bonus might screw you over for the production quests.

My main problem with your response is how far you are, you barely scratched the surface of the quests.
If you had sai I only got 5 artefacts I could have said, ok thats plausible, but 2? sorry thats not even trying, chapter 3 or any other.

Jaxom

I look forward to improvements on Live but I will still not make any great effort as the Grand Prize is of very little value to someone in Chapter 15. Half of the "Grand Prizes' are therefore a waste. But it is a decent reward for earlier chapters.

Ashrem

@ashrem Yeah, if you want to make players even more angry, then the spend ribbon quest is one of the best way to do it.
Like the number of daily prizes needs another nerf, that's exactly what your suggestion is. Like I would like to spend 50 ribbons to get the stupid unicorn for example. And since we have perfect random system, I can imagine that you get this quest very offen, so basicaly it completely ruins your chance to get some usefull daily building from event.
So please avoid suggestions which make this horrible system even worse.
I think this reaction reflects a lack of understanding of what we've actually got. The odds of getting something you actually want (Let alone a speicfic Daily prize you want) are already so low, that having to spend them on an off day is trivial. The fact is, any time when you hit the shuffle before the DP, you've already wasted that many. For any time you get the DP, but have to keep picking until you get a shuffle or open every gift, every single on of those extra picks is exactly "waste fifty ribbons" without even getting an extra batch of ribbons for completing a quest. More than 93% of the time, spending 50 ribbons to get (20, 30, 50) back plus whatever is under the gift, is going to be a better return than anything you'd spend those 50 ribbons on at any other time. The only person who is worse off is the person who gets a Daily prize they didn't want, and even they are still getting some ribbons back for the quest to go with the daily they won. This represents an actual, mathematical, verifiable, advantage over all the other spends you can make. You are getting whatever you spend on, and you are also getting more ribbons guaranteed, for completing the quest.

Karvest

@ashrem you are not accounting daily reshuffle that make you loose your progress with 100% chance, so spending ribbons in one day is not making you any closer to daily prize of another day, you just waste it for useless staff in 90% cases. If you get such quest, say, once a day - you will loose more than 1000 ribbons which you otherwise could spend trying to get preferred daily prize.

Ashrem

@ashrem you are not accounting daily reshuffle that make you loose your progress with 100% chance, so spending ribbons in one day is not making you any closer to daily prize of another day, you just waste it for useless staff in 90% cases. If you get such quest, say, once a day - you will loose more than 1000 ribbons which you otherwise could spend trying to get preferred daily prize.
I'm absolutely am counting it. The chance of winning something you want is terrible even one the days when you want the Daily. Being driven to either wait a day or two, or spend some ribbons on a day where you wouldn't want the prize if you won it is a trivial change to your chance of getting what you want. And you get more ribbons for doing it. It's not like any recent past event, where you'd be missing out on a roll that had a 30-60% chance of getting something you wanted, even if it wasn't the daily. Now, It doesn't matter what the daily prize is, there is a 93% chance what you get won't be it, And a not much lower chance it will be something else you don't want.

Karvest

Again, there is not so many good daily prizes this time to fight for them every day or two. If you decide to wait - you will wait for a weeks without progressing through quests, which is not an option if you want to win anything.
Already terrible chances to get what you want is not an excuse for suggesting to make them even lower.

Maillie

Let me see if I am reading this correctly:
While changes won't be possible on Beta anymore without the risk of breaking things, we have some changes planned for the Live release of this event, including reducing the number of quests before hitting the bonus segment while at the same time giving out more Red Ribbons per quest reward (so basically it will come down to getting about the same amount of Red Ribbons for the entire basic questline as on Beta, but with less quests.

How is this a good thing? The "bonus quests" are not exactly what anyone would want to rush into. According to the Announcement of Nov 14:

"The bonus section follows right after and will contain significantly harder quests, while granting a relatively small reward. This is aimed at the players who managed to finish the quest line and are still looking to continue working getting even more Red Ribbons until the event ends."

Why would this be an enticement to the live cities? "You'll get a few decent quests that you can do, then you will be plagued with Scout a Province and 15 Vision Vapor quests for the rest of the event, which lasts a month! Have Fun!!"

Why would the live cities want to get Significantly Harder Quests with Relatively Small Rewards earlier than we did? I'm sorry if I'm reading this wrong, but it just doesn't make any sense to me as an "improvement" over the mess we have here. I have a mage in my live city who is in Chapter 15 and is teetering on the brink. I can't see this as helpful in any way for players in the latest chapters, or any chapter for that matter.