• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

Jaxom

I no longer care about the prizes system. I just take a few chances and hope for the best when a good daily prize shows up. No more than 6. If I don't win it, too bad. What I am frustrated with is the quests. Which if more reasonable would let me have more ribbons to throw at prizes.

There are far too many quests asking for supplies but thankfully plenty of ones where I can spend supplies at the wholesaler.

There are too many quests asking for research or vision vapor and too few crafting recipes offered that produce more than 6. (One smiply can't research much in Chapter 15).

There are too many quests for T1 goods. You may offer the option to use T2 but I am in chapter 15 and not producing T2. You made me build up high level T1s for the last event and I sure don't need a bunch of T2 factories sitting around.

I have said this before. The code that runs the game knows what chapter I am in. It can require that I use factories and workshops at a certain level. So why can't the quests ask me to produce something that is pertinent to the chapter I am in, sentient goods?

Maybe in a few more events we will see something like this. And I am sorry if this has been suggested by someone else in the last week. There are just too many posts to read through. Again, sorry.

Lovec Krys

@Jaxom On the other hand, can you imagine to produce the same amount of expired goods as you are asked to produce T1? Since everybody has much more T1s compared to T4s (in my case 5 vs 1, so I would do 1 quest 5 times as long). And yes, I can imagine that they make requirements for T1 vs T4 equal in quests.

Marindor

Hi everyone!

Just to let you know: At the moment we see that the amounts of Red Ribbons players are getting on Beta are lower than anticipated. While changes won't be possible on Beta anymore without the risk of breaking things, we have some changes planned for the Live release of this event, including reducing the number of quests before hitting the bonus segment while at the same time giving out more Red Ribbons per quest reward (so basically it will come down to getting about the same amount of Red Ribbons for the entire basic questline as on Beta, but with less quests. So players on Live will get Red Ribbons faster and with less work and they'll end up with more "bonus time" for the bonus segment, therefore being able to acquire more Red Ribbons during the total duration of the event.)

We also agree with you on the number of similar types of quests and will simultaneoulsy make some changes there, to make the quests more worthwile and less tedious.

We'd like to once again thank you for sharing all your feedback and suggestions for improvement. It really helped us a lot in the balancing of this event and although some suggestion weren't possible to implement in the short timeframe we had, it did help us gain insight in what you would like to see for future events.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Dony

King of Bugs
Just to let you know: At the moment we see that the amounts of Red Ribbons players are getting on Beta are lower than anticipated.
main reason is that red ribbons from quests were already once rebalanced and it nerfed almost everybody, so over the duration of event it was expected we get less red ribbons then same quest line on live

Ashrem

It's tough for us to know how to suggest improvements which can actually be applied, when we don't know what's possible @Marindor

Are the prize selections in a table, or randomly assigned. Maybe the in-demand prizes could have a slightly higher weight applied by appearing a little more frequently in the lists?

Seems like a lot of people have never heard of the proverb that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
That only works if the developers behave like flies. Most of us have sufficient experience to know that in a forum where the developers do not appear, but only get distillations through intermediaries, that isn't true.

DeletedUser3036

wonder if there would be many players going into the bonus quest...

Ashrem

yes but the quest also shouldn't be too easy so that you can do 100 of them on 1 day. the challenge is to find quests that keep you busy for a bit and are also fun. If you have suggestions for such quests, we are still open to suggestions of those.
Collect 12 ribbons (Also makes the boost building more desirable, since you can't get more from the quest you have to find them in the snow.)
Spend 50 ribbons
Help 10 neighbours

Probably won't work for this event, since it likely needs changes to help chests code:
Collect two cookie cutters (Add one cookie cutter to every help-chest) hard stop for everyone that can't be accomplished more than once per Elvenar Day.

(Generally adding event coin to help chests on a regular basis might make them more active.)

LOKINHO

Hi everyone!

Just to let you know: At the moment we see that the amounts of Red Ribbons players are getting on Beta are lower than anticipated. While changes won't be possible on Beta anymore without the risk of breaking things, we have some changes planned for the Live release of this event, including reducing the number of quests before hitting the bonus segment while at the same time giving out more Red Ribbons per quest reward (so basically it will come down to getting about the same amount of Red Ribbons for the entire basic questline as on Beta, but with less quests. So players on Live will get Red Ribbons faster and with less work and they'll end up with more "bonus time" for the bonus segment, therefore being able to acquire more Red Ribbons during the total duration of the event.)

We also agree with you on the number of similar types of quests and will simultaneoulsy make some changes there, to make the quests more worthwile and less tedious.

We'd like to once again thank you for sharing all your feedback and suggestions for improvement. It really helped us a lot in the balancing of this event and although some suggestion weren't possible to implement in the short timeframe we had, it did help us gain insight in what you would like to see for future events.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
On the Spanish server they have already launched the winter event, it starts on December 5, I have not seen any changes ... even if I trust your word, if all they are going to do is reduce 150 missions to for example 100 ... getting the same amount of red ribbons, well thanks, but I still bitter looking for a daily prize and know that if I get "shuffled" I will have to continue spending and spending to get it ... this is very badly thought ... and despite the complaints, you will not change it !! It is outrageous!
It seems to me that they could have taken note and made some arrangement in time (lowering the opening of a gift to 30 for example, putting a gift with 400 red ribbons always on the panel for example, if or if putting the shuffle to your liking or whenever you want ...) We have given many ideas, but you have not heard anything, and taking out numbers, it will cost us a lot to get up to level 10 this building ... but not only this is a problem, for me the biggest problem, is that of a great event, we can only get at most 10 buildings of the daily prize (who gets more, please write it here so we know, but my numbers do not fail me, and having good luck, we will get between 6 and 10 daily prizes spending all the red ribbons) And this, if that is unfortunate, not being able to "change" your city, which was something already usual here, every event, a wash of face to your city and very beautiful that was, now not we can ...

Burger Meister Meister

Hi everyone!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
@Marindor Thank you. I look forward to seeing significant improvements in the Live version.

Ashrem

Would force players to spend their currency on useless daily prizes. And with current format in 90% waste that currency due to daily progression reset.
Only if their not willing to wait. That's the whole point of quests, to control how fast you go. The quest can be ignored until a daily you like comes up, or dealt with immediately if you want, at a cost. Meaningful decisions, = Player agency.

Karvest

You can't ignore quest without ignoring whole event... If you are not doing a quest waiting for daily that can come up at the end of the event - you will loose even more event currency from quests that can be done during this period.

Ashrem

You can't ignore quest without ignoring whole event... If you are not doing a quest waiting for daily that can come up at the end of the event - you will loose even more event currency from quests that can be done during this period.
That's why it's a meaningful choice. If it doesn't hurt either way, then it isn't meaningful. It's still better than yet another (wait 60 hours for your next scout.)

Ashrem

It's not a choice at all.
So you only want choices where you always like one of them? Because that's never going to happen. Some of the choices are going to be uncomfortable. This takes a choice that is almost impossible for some people and just turns it into one where they might not like either choice. That's pretty much the gold standard for slowing people down.

I think if you actually do the math, it's not half as bad as you think it is. Because at least half of the time when you spend 50 ribbons, you're going to get something you don't want anyway. Whether you spend them on a day when there's wishing well or a crappy building you don't like, 15/16 picks aren't going to get you what you want anyway.

justpeeking

Just to let you know: At the moment we see that the amounts of Red Ribbons players are getting on Beta are lower than anticipated. While changes won't be possible on Beta anymore without the risk of breaking things...
How about extending the event with two weeks or so here on beta? That would compensate the tedious and long quest list with low return of ribbons!

Deleted User - 86059

@justpeeking this is Beta and this is where we hope to find issues so that they do not (hopefully) make it to live. So problems are expected here and we thank you for helping us highlight the areas in need of further work and is the reason we ask for your assistance here. This is an ever evolving game and so there will be times that we need more intense help to better produce a more rounded product for the live worlds :)

Burger Meister Meister

A personal note: I hope you all manage to at least win some prizes that you want, and that you end up with more good stuff after the event then before.

@Kersepitje / @Marindor Just to let you know. I have saved up all of my ribbons for today and spent them all by going through a few rounds of the random prize board. I managed to get the daily prize but I also ended up with a lot of "junk". 20 days into this 29 day event and I have a grand total of 2 "Gingerbread artifacts". There is no way in which I will be able to get the building evolved to a decent level.

What is most frustrating is winning the daily prize on the second gift box and then getting the reshuffle as the second last gift box. What a load of junk.

While I can kill the "Scout a Province" tasks in less than 2 hours with my chapter 3 City, the back-to-back "Produce <x> goods" and "Produce <x> marble, planks or steel" tasks are killing me. This is the one time that I want to see "Scout a Province" more often but it is coming up rarely for me.

I am so far away from reaching the goal there is no way in which I would waste any money on diamonds to get closer.

This event is such a non-event.

Burger Meister Meister

How about extending the event with two weeks or so here on beta? That would compensate the tedious and long quest list with low return of ribbons!

@justpeeking You need to realize that Beta isn't really about progressing your City so much as finding the bugs that prevent a successful launch on Live servers. The progress of your City is secondary to making the game perfect, or as close as possible, before it goes Live.

As I have said before Beta is about bug fixes, We also need an Alpha to sort out features and ideas to make them work properly. Beta is too late to do much with player feedback. Beta is about fixing bugs.

Maillie

Do you mean that this is the format for future events? Please tell me that this isn't what our events are going to be like from now on. Please not that. Our events used to be fun. We could get really useful things that kept us from being so stuck in the later chapters. We're treading water in Chapter 15, going nowhere.

We actually lost a Chapter 15 member from our fellowship yesterday, she messaged that she had been stuck for too long and the event gave her nothing to help so she was leaving the game. To think that we'll be opening boxes with 2 kp in them forever is daunting.