• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

DeletedUser2818

in the end, how much ribbons do those 180 quest give now ? :rolleyes: I thought we were supposed to get 1 evolving build to lvl 10 with that ?
Kersepitje pretty much told us we are not supposed to be able to upgrade it to 10 without paying, and that the last day offer is there for a reason (i.e. to exploit our FOMO and get us to spend cash in order to "complete" the event).

Heymrdiedier

If i look at last years winterevent (on elvengems), there we were able to get 4300 ribbons from quests.
Take some ribbons around your map and i think you should end up with 5000 -5500 ribbons.
So im assuming we should be able to get about the same amount from the not endlesspart aswell.

If that will be enough for the current prize system. I doubt it, but i dont expect they realised that when they balanced it.
I have no idea how much you can get if you do all the quests right now. Im only at 25% or so

Burger Meister Meister

Another amazing post that I would "LOVE" if I could instead of just "like". You are just pulling these things directly out of my thoughts!

1.) Easy FIX to the Bear situation...or any other future evolving buildings...1 set given, others sold via diamond purchase. Makes INNO money in the process of limiting prize winnings.

2.) Make a thread specifically for ideas for future event quest lines. I have a ton of ideas and would surely post on the thread. I am sure others feel the same.

3.) Strategy and Freedom is why I joined Elvenar. If I lose them, then I will eventually wander away from this game to another game to fill my free time.

4.) I also have a specific shopping list of items I want to gain in an event. Mostly Portal Profits and time boosts. Daily prizes and Main prizes are just bonus items to me...if I happen to get them at all.
@blackbudahflyb Thanks for the support. Nice to hear when others think the same way I do.

Walking

yes but the quest also shouldn't be too easy so that you can do 100 of them on 1 day. the challenge is to find quests that keep you busy for a bit and are also fun. If you have suggestions for such quests, we are still open to suggestions of those.

I am not sure there are really “fun” and “not fun” quests; most of the complaints seem to be about having to do the same quest repetitively.

I liked the events that did not have random quests, because tasks were ordered in a way that meant I could complete a certain group each day. There were several small quests followed by a 9- or 24-hour quest. Random quests mean I can get long quests consecutively, so that some days, event-wise, there is not much to do.

I wonder whether a system that awarded ribbons based on the difficulty of the task, rather than how far along in the event the player is, would feel better. That way, a player that gets repetitive long quests can earn the same ribbons as a player receiving shorter quests.

Another idea would be to group the quest pools by how much time they require, and then giving players several random quests from the “short” pool followed by one from the “long” pool. This grouping might be a bit complex, since scouting should be in the short pool for early-chapter players but in the long pool for later-chapter players.

DeletedUser2818

Who sane would pay for that garbage anyway. I wouldn't have built it even if they had given it for free.
Agreed. It should be a wake-up call for Inno when the silver lining for an event is that both the grand prize and the daily prizes are so lousy that very few people will be willing to pay to get them, or even just to invest time/boosters/whatever. I for one won't - and I'm usually a completist, haven't missed a single Grand Prize ever since I signed up to this game in May 2016.

DeletedUser2630

I see, those ideas that the number of rewards and others should be limited to money. So I think you do not understand what they are about, although they will tell us that it is money but we are not the paying fools. Obviously, the point is that payment is not obvious.
Because obvious paid annoys even payers. But when it creates a situation "I almost have it, a bit more" so there are enough individuals who at the moment spend money. But as soon as they say "you get one building, you have to pay XY for another" the profits will be smaller, because at that moment the amount will usually be higher than if the game throws people's feet in little but adds more because of the so-called "crown to crown".

And as I was looking at our local forum, there is already a bunch of similarly simple people who will drop two meters high for a 1VB reward and still pull out their wallets and salt, just to have another useless house in town.

And this is an obvious direction. It is not us strategic players, they are simple clickers for which the game is made up. So if it goes this rnd style, we'll only have to find another crap. Here we are a minority, as well as on the road are minority drivers with cars over 250kw and together limit everything according to most with goat's breath. That's how life is today.

Maillie

in the end, how much ribbons do those 180 quest give now ? :rolleyes: I thought we were supposed to get 1 evolving build to lvl 10 with that ?
There are 13 days left and I have 2 evolving artifacts. I'm currently less than half way to a third. I'd say there is no possible way to get to 10, for me at least.

DeletedUser140

The event is now working better and I can do more tasks per day which means I have instead of only two times per day now more than 5 solutions and more. Due to the missing red ribbons in the first period I couldn't test/try very much the price window yet.

DeletedUser3036

There are 13 days left and I have 2 evolving artifacts. I'm currently less than half way to a third. I'd say there is no possible way to get to 10, for me at least.

since there have been a change in ribbons reward for the earlier quests x')

DeletedUser1163

I don’t know about everyone else but I really dislike random quests. Produce supplies came up 3 times in a row and collect enchantments from the Magic Academy came up two times in a row. Can’t use my Instants because my Main Hall is full and can’t upgrade my Main Hall because research needs to be done. How to come up with all these supplies?

Produce fresh Supplies for the local food market (a lot of supplies).
Produce Supplies to retool your craftsmen and workers (a larger amount of supplies).
Gain a sack of supplies.

To gain all those supplies, I had to haggle with the Wholesaler. Now that my Main Hall had room for more supplies, I was able to use the Instants to gain more supplies. After trading with the Wholesaler, guess what random quest came next? Trade with the Wholesaler 7 times. Used coins and goods to trade 7 times and was able to jump over that random quest hurdle but then another reared its head.

Collect 4 Enchantments from the Magic Academy.
Collect 3 Enchantments from the Magic Academy.

I will have to wait 48 hrs or spend diamonds to receive enchantments. Think I’ll spend those 48 hrs doing something constructive, like making another meal from the leftover turkey. I’m not getting upset anymore from doing events that have random quests. Instead, I will just set productions for a day and go off to find another game to play.

DeletedUser3012

You can also get the enchantments from the tournament (at least that worked for me)

DeletedUser1163

I can get enchantments from the tournament but it will not complete the quest to Collect enchantments from the Magic Academy.
Ugh! Why must the quest say Magic Academy?

Graine

Okay, 2 days+ to fulfil one quest for 32 ribbons. Frequent repeats of quests that require a long time to fulfil and/or are very expensive do nothing more than drain my game and my brain. I will not do another event like this one. Sorry but 'useful' prizes once in a while just doesn't make me a happy player. No soup for you.....

Walking

Do they mean “Collect x enchantments that can be created in the magic academy?” Combining catalysts (but not teleports) that I win in the spire and spells I find when giving neighborly help also satisfy the quest. Teleport can’t be created in MA.

LOKINHO

I will answer everything with a simple true, or false.
Is it true that with normal missions, the main building of the event can be raised to level 10 (9 artifacts)? FALSE. With normal missions, you get about 5800 red bow.
Making numbers, one roll is 50 red bow, 16 to open the full panel are 800, when opening it whole, you have to subtract the 100-150 or 200 that you get in one of the gifts (let's put the maximum, 200). With which we need 600 red ribbon, in order to get a "Grand Prix" and 1200 to get an artifact (since these leave once if, again not, and they take turns with wishing wells, carriages etc ... )
If you had bad luck, and when you open, you get shuffled and you have not obtained the red ribbon of the gift, the numbers would already skyrocket ... we would be talking about a larger red ribbon number, in order to get an artifact, maybe 1300- 1500
If I have obtained 5800 of the normal missions, the numbers do not fool anyone, I will be able to obtain 4 artifacts for sure, maybe 5 ... THIS IS A SHOOT !!! What a shame of bad taste! Is April Fools' Day ?? To top it off today I saw the "black super-Friday" € 80 for 3 bear artifacts ARE YOU SMOKE ??
2.- Is it true that you ask for advice to improve the event? TRUE
3.- Is it true that you have paid attention to something? FALSE!!!! There have been no use 30 pages of complaints, proposals and contrary feelings regarding this junk event. You are worse than the grinch, you have loaded the Christmas of elvenar !!!
4.- Have you balanced the red ribbon number to open a gift? FALSE. You have made a fool of yourself, getting 10 red bow down is laughing in our face!
5.- Have you balanced the amount of gifts? FALSE, there are still 16, and 6 of them are totally expendable and trash.
6.- Have you changed the option of shuffling? FALSE, it remains the same, a totally ABSURD system.
7.- I wonder one thing ... what are you waiting for? Do you want them to set fire to elvenar in all countries? Do you really want to see the forums full of complaints, Germans, French, English, Spanish ... Will this be worth it?
You want to close elvenar based on a K.O. total? Is this your commitment to your players? Those who feed you? This is what we can expect for next year?
If you really tell me that this has been done by a PROGRAMMER, or someone who plays elvenar ... I will only say one thing, LEAVE IT NOW! It is the worst in the world, painful, unfortunate, it will lead you to ruin and destroy the game!

Alcaro

Yesterday I spent around 2000 ribbons and I got only 1 daily (time boosters) because I got 6 times the Reshuffle thing. Thank you Inno. You made my day.
With the previous system I would have won at least 10 daily rewards if not more. With this system I just wasted time to get lots of useless rewards.
Well, thank you but no, thank you. This event will be ignored in live servers - I speak about me. And (don't want to sound like I'm threatening Inno LOL, they couldn't care less!) I think every day on quitting the game even tho I have 2 cities in ch.15. All I feel about this game is that we are taking for fools and spenders. Btw, I just ignored the +100% diamond offer, which didn't happen before.

CrazyWizard

Yesterday I spent around 2000 ribbons and I got only 1 daily (time boosters) because I got 6 times the Reshuffle thing. Thank you Inno. You made my day.
With the previous system I would have won at least 10 daily rewards if not more. With this system I just wasted time to get lots of useless rewards.
Well, thank you but no, thank you. This event will be ignored in live servers - I speak about me. And (don't want to sound like I'm threatening Inno LOL, they couldn't care less!) I think every day on quitting the game even tho I have 2 cities in ch.15. All I feel about this game is that we are taking for fools and spenders. Btw, I just ignored the +100% diamond offer, which didn't happen before.

I don't know if it relates to 10 prizes.
And frankly I am ok wil a bit les dailies, as said I always found it a silly lot.

But this is exactly why I hate this new system, it's so extremly random, and there is no way to mitiligate that random.