• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

DeletedUser2781

gaining 20/quest is definitely not the same amount of effort...

I sign this one. I defended this event to give it a chance.

But then I just had to produce huge amounts of goods and then you give us ridiculous 20 Ribbons for ridiculous quests like finishing or scouting provinces.
We still had this issue at mermaids event. Then u saw the problem and now u bring it back. There is nothing more to say.

If you wanna keep endless questlines up give us doable quests for everyone (beginners, midgamers, endgamers) for a fair amount of ribbons or quit with endless questlines. In my opinion, the actual way is more than a shame. It is an insult.

Best regards

Vance

salandrine

I always get repeating quests like
produce T1
produce T2

the quests are always called with another text but they all want the same thing: produce T1 or T2 goods in amounts, I need more than a day to produce.

Normally I use spells and time boost for these quests. Normally I knew, I will get them back by rotation chests. But now I do have such a less chance of getting time boosts or spells or so, I really do not use any more spells i.e. I need my time boosts for upgrading the trade for example or some time to upgrade the supply manufacturing. I cant waste them anymore to gambling with such less chances. And I wont buy some diamonts anymore. Its not worth at this time.

Today I tried to get the daily. I spent about more than 500 ribbons. 4 x I hit the reshuffle button and my cashback has been something I really did not need and I have no use of it. So this event is to been seen as a bad waisting of time, just for the waste paper bin..

In Germany we used to say: This is just for flushing down the toilett.

DeletedUser2781

To make a conclusion:

On the one side, the ribbons I earned before the "hard line" were nearly exactly the amount for 9 artifacts. This promise Inno kept.

On the other side, I earned like 8 or 9 dailys in total. This is a joke. In combination with the weak dailys and mostly bad other little prizes, the joke is giant as **.

I think u can expect about 1 daily within 600 Ribbons. (In the chest events it was like 350/daily)
This is just an approximately calculation:
If u add the amount of needed ribbons for 15 gifts (all unless the shuffle gift which gives back the invested ribbons) you invest 750 in average.
With the 150 ribbons u get back in average, you come to the 600 Ribbons/daily. I neglected the little chance to double extra ribbon gifts.

For further dailys you need to finish about 30 Quests of the "hard line". Well if u can do lets say 6 /day, you can reach perhaps another 4 or 5 dailys.
I do not discuss about a 2nd lvl 10 Gingerbread House.

Last edited by a moderator:

slide

If it comes to live in its present form then I won't bother with it, definitely won't buy the Stash Outpost as no doubt the amount of red ribbons will reduce from the "guaranteed 2, maybe 3" which we have here on Beta to the "normally 1, sometimes 2, occasionally 3" which we normally get on live - so we end up paying in live what we get for free in Beta, no doubt as the "reward" for trying out the worst event we have ever had!

There is no pleasure to be had, no feeling of aniticipation, the quests have become onerous and tedious and I have better things to do with my time than bother at all.

This isn't the first time that something released in Beta has been hated by so many people but still released in Live. We already know that some people will have left the game because this event has been the final straw, how many people have to leave live before Inno accept that this event has been the straw that broke the camel's back?

palmira

Once you hit the hard part the event basically ends, at least for end game players with quite long exploration times and difficult techs to research. You can win some 100-200 ribbons more but not much more as nobody in his/hers sane mind will waste time instants to speed the exploration. So only one building for everybody in the end it is almost the same as the fixed tasks (without the benefit of preparing the tasks inn advance)

Deleted User - 81190

I think u can expect about 1 daily within 600 Ribbons. (In the chest events it was like 350/daily)
Sounds about right - my simulation shows 640 ribbons per daily over the long term, but it does not account for reveal, so you can do slightly better than that. You could have done better than 350/daily in the previous events though - slightly less than 300 IIRC (I am talking expected, not realized).

EDIT: Actually, that was with 60 per present. With 50 per present update it looks like expected ribbons per daily is almost exactly 500. Unless they also changed ribbon presents from 100/200/300.

DeletedUser3036

Sounds about right - my simulation shows 640 ribbons per daily over the long term, but it does not account for reveal, so you can do slightly better than that. You could have done better than 350/daily in the previous events though - slightly less than 300 IIRC (I am talking expected, not realized).

EDIT: Actually, that was with 60 per present. With 50 per present update it looks like expected ribbons per daily is almost exactly 500. Unless they also changed ribbon presents from 100/200/300.
did you count that after finding the daily, you have to find the shuffle and if you find the shuffle first, you won't get the daily in this round ?

Deleted User - 81190

did you count that after finding the daily, you have to find the shuffle and if you find the shuffle first, you won't get the daily in this round ?
Yes, it's a full simulation as if one would actually play it (outside of reveal which is hard to automate). No guarantees it is correct though ;)

With 100/150/200 for ribbon presents average cost of the daily goes back up to 550.

DeletedUser2781

With the old system you needed with my calculation 700/daily in average.

60 x 15 for gift: 900 ribbons reduced by 200 (avg. extra Ribbons at 100/200/300) makes 700.
With the double chances on daily/extra ribbons and the magnifying glasses the true avg is a bit lower. 640 seems to be fit well with this calculation.

Let's suppose 50 ribbons/gift gives us an avg at about 560.

DeletedUser2781

I wanna give you an update concerning the 20 ribbon quests:
(manufacture currentl chapter -1, WS current chapter -3)

I got so far:

- collect coins
- gain 3 combining catalysts
- buy 20 KPs
- complete a province
- use 1 pet food or complete 1 province
- 1 research or scout 1 province
- WP: 12 x 5 minutes
- WP: 9 x 15 minutes
- WP: 5 x 3 hours
- WP: 3 x 9 hours
- MP: 5x9 hours
- MP 8x3 hours (or 9x, dunno remember exactly)
- produce t1 goods

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 81190

I wanna give you an update concerning the 20 ribbon quests:
So basically you would need to do 2.5 quests like scouting, complete province, use PF etc per 1 (one) present? One present that can provide for such exciting items like 1 AWKP etc? OK...

I think Inno just solved the "problem" of winning too many prizes once and for all ;)

Maillie

2 KP. :rolleyes:

That's what I got for a day of gathering steel, which is my non-stop, ever repeating, here-it-is-again-in-a-different-form quest. 2 KP. I understand that I should be happy that I got twice as much as some did; however, for no apparent reason, I'm not thrilled.

Why would this be a reward? Why? This is not an event, this is a very bad job given to us to distract us from noticing that the new chapter, with it's ludicrous demands for Sentient Goods, makes Orcs & Goblins look like a party.

Please don't bring these "rewards" to the live cities. Please. I have the greatest group of people ever. It's not easy to assemble a team that can finish 10 chests, and can earn little buildings and monuments from the FA. The ones that work are having an extremely difficult time trying to accumulate things before they decay. This event with endlessly repeating quests, and prizes like 1 or 2 KP, will only add to their frustration. I can't imagine losing any of them.

AwesomeScorpio

This is ridiculous. No the quests don't repeat, but I have had to produce 3000 goods every 2nd to 4th quest for 3 days or more. This is not easy at chapter 4 when you don't have the space or population to upgrade buildings.

NOT IMPRESSED

TomatoeHu

Hi guys,

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas on how to improve the system. As stated above, of course changing the whole system before the Live release is impossible and canceling the event isn't an option either. Instead of that, it would be more valuable if we could gather some ideas on how to improve the current system before the Live release. Please refrain from throwing mud (and of course our developers also play the game themselves) and try to bring a bit of constructive value to this discussion.

Right now, we have 2 main suggestions on the list, which is lower the amount of ribbons needed per present and increase the value of the filler prizes. Are there any other improvements you'd like to suggest to make this event more appealing to you?

Reduce the 16 possible selections to 8 or 9.

Reduce the amount of Tier 1 boosted that needs to be collected for smaller chapter cities. The quest that requires players to produce tier 1 boosted. The current amount for chapter 1-5 cities is a struggle for growing players and even with max level tier 1 and spells placed, it is a much harder task for them, taking days instead of 24 hrs.

Re-evaluate supply bonus on all daily event buildings for chapters 1-5 who win buildings offering supplies, their supplies count per hour is not equal to or better than their max level workshops. There is no incentive to place these building types offering supplies bonuses so it would be nice if a little more math was done to make these bonuses attractive to players wanting to win and place tool bonus buildings. All other chapters are rewarded with a useful amount of product ( tier 3, mana, seeds ) in the same building.

The main building would need to be offering sentient goods to entice a chapter 15 player. I dont' know if developers playing the game have peaked into the trader lately but there are 34 pages of people offering Obsidian and no one offering fair 2 star same tier trades in Beta.
I'd like a moment to point out the gross trades. You know who you are. Won't ever get a helping trade from me you scat.
I make Ink and i can't help players fast enough. It would be beneficial if Inno made the main prize "one to the right of our boost" in the sentient for chapters 13 and higher, that would be a desirable and interesting building. If players in chapter 15 want T2, they at least can trade for it.

Heymrdiedier

To make a conclusion:

On the one side, the ribbons I earned before the "hard line" were nearly exactly the amount for 9 artifacts. This promise Inno kept.

On the other side, I earned like 8 or 9 dailys in total. This is a joke. In combination with the weak dailys and mostly bad other little prizes, the joke is giant as **.

about 9 dailys, thats what i remember from event a year/2 years ago ago? i remember many of us going for the winter garden back then and the average was about 10 of them. Some got lucky and managed to get 15 or so but that was about it.

so it looks like the prizes are finally back at the desired (from inno perspective) amount. about 10 dailys, about 9 artifacts. If you want more, you should spend diamonds.

Im sorry to say, but if you expect to get more, then you're dreaming.

iDavis

I have to agree with @Heymrdiedier I also feel like we´ve reached that point where we were before infinite quest implementation, so from my point of view, everything is ok and this event is as generous, as it, taking balancing of the game into account, should be.

If somebody still thinks we will get into level of autumn zodiac or mermaids, it´s his own fault. That won´t happen.

Lovec Krys

No, we are not at the point where we were before the endless quests (what's the point of having endless quests anyway when we are limited as we were before (just in a different way)), we are below it.
1) You cannot plan since you don't know what quest is next.
2) Majority of quests are designed to slow down the players, so when your desired daily prize comes, you have less tries for it, therefore you won't get as many as before unlimited quests were implemented. (for example getting T1 goods takes more than 9hrs to complete with my 5 T1 in my beta city if I don't use spells for them all)
3) No strategy involved. By average you have to take more than half filler prizes (probably even more since you can hit reshufle before daily prize - last time I tried a daily reward, I hit reshufle 3x before I hit daily prize)
4) Majority of filler prizes are still worse than those we could get before the endless quests.
5) The combination of previous points simply ruins an attemt to get a daily prize if it comes too early (and in this event even in it's half it's too early). For example if you aim for mana/seeds buildings to satisfy your needs, you're doomed if it comes in the middle and you get 1-3 instead of 10-15 (depending on your luck). I have actualy given up of satisfying enough seeds for my cities from this event, since I doubt that I get enough daily buildings when they comes. It's sad, that to produce enough seeds, you need to craft those buildings instead of getting them from event.

The only way how we can at least get better this horrible cassino system is to give players complete control over reshufle (=remove it from packages and make a reshufle buton, so players can reshufle by their free will anytime they want to).

The next step is to delete this cassino system after it ends and replace it either with the previous chest system, or make some new equivalent system, where we can actualy use some strategy.
Remember this is supposed to be a strategic game, not online cassino.

justpeeking

Can anyone tell what amounts are actually need to complete the "produce fresh supply/gain supply" quests both in the 30-80 quest segment and the 80+ quest segment for players in chapter 14 and 15?
Thank you in advance.

Karvest

There are 3 large segments, 30-79,80-129,130-179. 80-129 asks for ~x1.5 times more than 30-79, 130-179 asks for ~x2 times more than 30-79. Endless segment probably ask x3 times more than 30-79 (got only T1 production quest yet, asking x3 times more).