• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

UlyssesBlue

Right now, we have 2 main suggestions on the list, which is lower the amount of ribbons needed per present and increase the value of the filler prizes. Are there any other improvements you'd like to suggest to make this event more appealing to you?
This lottery style event is fundamentally flawed and widely disliked. The only way to get more than a trivial improvement is to scrap it entirely. Going back to the rotating chest system is a valid and effective solution. Even if it's too late to implement it for this event, it would nevertheless be enough if we at least never see another pure lottery event on Elvenar ever again.

Brummbaer

I dislike the type of event, The individualism is gone, strategy is gone rewards a unliked.
It was said that the developer also play this game - really? Than, they do not unterstand the mechanismn of the game and requirements of players with a long time experience. WE know the game and what we need and want - not the dev.
I can't find any positive response to this in the discussion.
"The horse is dead" - now we have to learn: "How to ride a dead horse"?

Sorry to say that - it's only frustration

Last edited:

Maillie

1. 16 choices is too many.
2. We should earn something when we complete a quest, or at least have a daily quest with a reward.

My suggestion, which may or may not be possible, is to drastically reduce the number of choices (boxes). The way it is now there is a very good chance that someone with bad luck, like me, may never be able to see a single daily prize.

The quest I'm on right now calls for a large amount of tier one goods. I worked on that for more than a day and can finish it when my goods are ready. That gives me one single quest in a day. I think it's worth 13 points. Since I can't plan for the next quest, I may not be able to finish the 60 items needed to open a single box in a day, and there are 16 ... yes 16 boxes with only one containing a daily prize. The daily prize should be something we are able to get once a day, or it should be renamed. As it is now, it's nearly impossible to get, perhaps because I'm in Chapter 15 and only had one of the nearly useless tier one boosted. I used one of my very precious teleport spells to move a house away to bring back one more.

The second suggestion is that we should get some small reward for completing each quest. I am nearly out of everything that we used to get in events, such as time boosts, MM spells, coin rain, etc. We really need these.

DeletedUser2834

I perform the task for 17 ribbons. So far I have no daily price, I only have 19 bricks. Please reduce the number of ribbons. Change Double Reward: open as soon as you discover it. I can't use it because before I do the next task, there will be a change.

Dony

King of Bugs
quests which asks to produce goods should award MM on top of ribbons, like 2xMM for first segment and then 3x, 4x for later segments, because right now with this system it cost us more then we gain back (similar could be done with produce supplies since you have reduced sources from were we can get it)
amounts are just huge, for chapter 15 later segments asks to produce 113K T1 or 157K T2, for players which dont have yet researched T1 manufactories from chapter 15 and upgraded it to last level its insane

Jackluyt

Initial comments

1. As always the artwork and technical production are excellent - well done Elvenar Team!

2. At first glance the new prize system looks like a total mess. The previous version was, in my opinion, the best ever. This one looks like a giant leap backwards - it is no longer possible to plan the event to get the things YOU really want when they come up as Daily Exclusives - like Knowledge Points or Time Boosters.
    With the old Rotating Chests you could open the chest that suited your own needs too.
    Now what you get is a total lottery!
    I hope they will change back to the old system for future events.

3. I must say that the quests look easy and nicely balanced so far, with good alternatives for the 'tricky' ones (I am on # 40.)

Richord

I dislike the type of event, The individualism is gone, strategy is gone rewards a unliked.
It was said that the developer also play this game - really? Than, they do not unterstand the mechanismn of the game and requirements of players with a long time experience. WE know the game and what we need and want - not the dev.
I can't find any positive response to this in the discussion.
"The horse is dead" - now we have to learn: "How to ride a dead horse"?

Sorry to say that - it's only frustration
i think one of them just quit playing.

TomBrady

@Marindor

Okay you want constructive criticism. I have been very polite in all of my posts so far but let me be blunt.
I have not yet read a positive post on the new rewards system. No one has yet complained about the previous 3 chest system. No one has expressed an opinion of being bored with the 3 chest system. In the players opinion there was nothing wrong with the 3 chest system, in fact they liked it. Why change it?

My recommendation is to trash the new mechanics and go back to the previous 3 chest system. No one is accepting the new mechanics and you are discouraging your players. You make your money through in-game purchases. You aren't going to get any in-game purchases if your players are not happy. Think about it!

You said; "let us know your thoughts on how to improve the current system instead of just bashing the current setup".
Take a step back here and look at it from our point of view. We like the previous 3 chest system. We didn't want it to change. The new system is so bad that we can't see any way of fixing the new system without getting rid of it completely. So when you say " do so in a constructive way ". The only constructive way is to get rid of it and stop making unwanted changes.

I myself am a software developer of 35 years in the Industry. One thing that I have learnt over those years is that you have to listen to your client or you will be out of work.

Don't change things that players really like unless it is broken or you can offer something better. This new mechanics IS NOT better
If you want to offer a change consult with your players before introducing it or better yet offer the option of being able to play either the new way or the old way and let us decide which is better. Don't just pull the rug out from underneath us.

The Beta world is a great place to get feedback but it might be too late in your development cycle. In my industry Beta is where the bugs are worked out.
You do however have options; you can listen to the feedback in the Beta world and act upon the wishes of your Beta players or create a new alternative "Alpha" World where you can introduce new features into the game to see if your players accept them or not .

It is acceptable to have bugs in an Alpha world, The concept of an Alpha world would be the introduction and feedback on new features and changes before they hit the Beta world where bugs are fixed.

Please take this to heart. We are not just blindly bashing the new system. The new system is so bad that we are asking for a return to the old system.

Thanks for reading.
If you want further opinion or insight you are welcome to contact me and I am willing to share my years of experience with software clients.

BMMB
Excellent response !!!

LOKINHO

Thank you, everyone. Now we're getting somewhere. This is really helpful, thanks a bunch! If you have any more suggestions, please feel free to add them.
1.- reduce the 16 gifts, to 8 (with this you eliminate three fat problems, 1 the amount of gifts there are, 2 junk gifts as fungibles of 5%, small culture buildings, relics and fragments of rune and 3 spend less ties to get more daily prizes, the x2, or any of the 8 prizes that will remain that would be good and interesting.

2.- Reduce the cost of 60 ties to open a gift. if the number of gifts is reduced to 8, an average cost would be 30 ties per opening or even something higher, since the prizes they will give will all be good!

3.- For my liking, the missions are not being bad, the problem and the complaints come when they ask you for large quantities of products, supplies and so on ... to get ONLY 17 ties ... this if it bothers, since we are at In principle, the normal thing is that the amounts are "ridiculously low", and gradually go up.

4.- The issue of shuffling again is fine, but as long as you can use it to your liking, and not when you open it (since you could run out of what you are looking for and start from 0) As an option it would be to let us use it when we want (as if it were a wild card)

The option that the partners are giving, I do not like, they say that when the daily prize is discovered, that it is restarted alone ... this has negative points, the discovery of the gift of shuffling, "you get free" because it returns the invested , and you add a hammer (this is positive) imagine that they reform this and leave it with 8 gifts, and at first you discover the main prize (and depending on your strategy, maybe what you were looking for was something else, fungibles of kp, ties extra, x2 ... because that option would leave you with no alternative to continue, so I personally do not like it.

As I said, if they give the option to shuffle freely when the player wants, it would be great.

5 .- I still do not know how many ties can be achieved, so this is a bit of a request to ask ... I hope they can be achieved with normal missions (and assuming they lower the cost of opening a gift and reform this) about 10,000 or 15,000, (my wish would be that you can reach 30,000 XD) That said, what I have read, is that the "bonus" missions once the main list is finished, only give you 20 ties! This prize, due to its difficulty that you have already said and it seems logical, only for those players who want to persist to achieve the maximum, must be around 50 or more ... in previous events the cap was 64 I think remember With a single mission, you could open 3 chests ... well, something similar, right? If it stays at 60, that the bonus missions give at least 120 ... if you download it as we are all asking, say 30 ... then 50 for complex missions would be fine. (It is less than before, but it is already done at least).

In short, reduce gifts to 8 (thus eliminating garbage prizes), reduce the cost of opening a gift, lower the requests of the missions we are doing giving only 17 ties, since they ask for many quantities (I can not imagine then, a mission of the bonuses you can ask for ...) and be able to use the "shuffle" at your will. With these 4 tweaks + being able to have a good amount of ties, the event would take a turn of 720º, yes yes, two laps !!

Thank you for listening and hopefully together, changes will be generated as soon as possible, to enjoy a Merry Christmas! (and that a sweet does not bitter us)

P.S. The gingerbread doll, if they use it in a horror movie, it's a hit ... how scary it is hahaha

sanny0478

das ist das schlechteste event was je gewesen ist das macht so kein spaß. vor allem weil noch drin steht es kommen folgend keine gleichen aufgaben. habe jetzt in folge produziere b1 und kaufe 10 wp wo ist da der hohn und das bei der belohnung die es gibt ..... da bekommt man nichtmal 1 haus zusammen. das event ist das schlechteste was bis jetzt gesehen habe seit ich elvenar spiele

Deleted User - 86059

das ist das schlechteste event was je gewesen ist das macht so kein spaß. vor allem weil noch drin steht es kommen folgend keine gleichen aufgaben. habe jetzt in folge produziere b1 und kaufe 10 wp wo ist da der hohn und das bei der belohnung die es gibt ..... da bekommt man nichtmal 1 haus zusammen. das event ist das schlechteste was bis jetzt gesehen habe seit ich elvenar spiele

Again as I always say please post only in English in the forum please

Translation =

this is the worst event ever that is not fun. especially because there is still no answer to the same questions. have now in a row produce b1 and buy 10 wp where is the mockery and the reward that there ..... there you do not even get 1 house together. The event is the worst thing I've seen since I played Elvenar

Burger Meister Meister

Again as I always say please post only in English in the forum please

Translation =

this is the worst event ever that is not fun. especially because there is still no answer to the same questions. have now in a row produce b1 and buy 10 wp where is the mockery and the reward that there ..... there you do not even get 1 house together. The event is the worst thing I've seen since I played Elvenar

Hi @Scoobydoo , As the player is posting in German (?), you might want to post your response to him/her also in the same language so that he/she understands it in case he/she doesn't understand English.

Just a thought...

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

Just a reminder: Please keep your posts constructive. Also when you're not happy with something, sarcasm isn't going to get us anywhere. It's perfectly fine to express the fact you're unhappy, but please do so in a constructive way and let us know your thoughts on how to improve the current system instead of just bashing the current setup. Thank you.

So basically you're asking us to suppress our emotions? It's well known that that's not healthy. Some of the sarcasm has been very funny, which is a bit of light relief that we need after the 2 latest awful Events! And humour is a healthy way to react to a frustrating experience. :mad::eek::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: