Dear Humans and Elves,
Another year has passed in the beautiful world of Elvenar. As you are preparing to celebrate the end of the year, we'll be getting into the story of Elvenezer Scratch, who has made a fortune selling tasty Elvenade in his warehouse. But since his good and only friend Marlow passed away some years ago, Elvenezer has become even more greedy and resentful than he has ever been. As the winter season begins and the year turns to its end, Marlow's ghost comes visiting him, giving him a warning. After that, three ghosts of winter appear.
This year, our Winter Event comes with some brand new game mechanics! By fulfilling the quests and searching the outskirts of your city, you can find Red Ribbons, which you can use to open Presents. Each present you open will contain a random reward and provide you with Candy Hammers. With these Candy Hammers, you can acquire Gingerbread Bricks, which the Gingerbread Man will use to rebuild the Gingerbread House, unlocking the next Grand Prize upon completion.
Every day there is a set of 16 presents to open, including one Daily Exclusive. Daily Exclusives contain a new collection of unique winter buildings and returning buildings from previous Winter events.
You get to see a preview of all these possible daily rewards until you hit the shuffle button, which randomizes the order of the rewards and hides them in the boxes.
Among the possible contents of the presents, there will be 3 new special items, each activating a special effect:
- "Double Reward" - A "x2" modifier which will double the reward contained in the next present you open.
- "Reveal Two" - This item lets you see the contents of two previously uncovered presents, allowing you to preview what's inside before opening them.
- "Reshuffle" - This is a very special item. Once you open a present containing it, you will return to 16 unopened presents that you need to shuffle again. While this may reset your progress in looking for a specific prize, it also allows you to win all previously earned items again. If a present containing a Reshuffle is opened, your invested Red Ribbons for opening this present are returned.
The Candy Hammers you obtain from presents allow the Gingerbread Man to work on his Gingerbread House. Each time you use one of the hammers, he randomly adds 1-3 elements to the house. Once all 20 elements were added, the house is complete and you are rewarded with the next Grand Prize on the list, including some of your favorite Expiring Buildings, as well as Gingerbread Artifacts, which can be used to upgrade your very own evolving Gingerbread Mansion.
(4x4 culture, population and bonuses depending on type, chapter and stage)
Based on your feedback from the Mermaids and Autumn Zodiac events, we have also made the following changes related to the event quests:
- There will be two different parts of the event quest line. The first part will be regular event quests for everyone, the second part will be a bonus section. The regular section will contain randomized quests, but be less repetitive than before. This section is finite and set to end at some point. The bonus section follows right after and will contain significantly harder quests, while granting a relatively small reward. This is aimed at the players who managed to finish the quest line and are still looking to continue working getting even more Red Ribbons until the event ends.
- The regular section of the quest line will not require productions of a building of a specific level. However, this quest condition remains in the game for future use. Additionally, these quests will still occur in the bonus section.
- Quests that previously asked for a specific basic goods (tier 1) were partially replaced with quests that also accept crafted (tier 2) or sometimes even magical goods (tier 3).
- It is no longer possible to have the exact same quest appear twice in a row.
The event will run from today until December 12, so make sure to complete all quests and open all your presents in time! Please be advised that app version 1.93 is required for the event to work properly, hence functionality will be limited until this version is available.
We wish you a lot of fun with this year's Winter Magic event and of course would love to hear your feedback about it in our Feedback Thread!
Your Elvenar Team
Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that there can always be differences in event layouts, balancing and prizes between Beta and Live release.