• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

DeletedUser2579

index.php
said, O&G is the most bad chapters for events,,,

I'm sure it is, but, Why's that?

I'n in chapter 4 and I really want to know...

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

I'm sure it is, but, Why's that?

I'n in chapter 4 and I really want to know...
because in the chapter after it, woodelves, you need mana. So to compensate that all these old event buildings dont offer mana, the devs decided to give all event buildings a big jump in their stats between orcs chapter and woodelves chapter. So basically you get the last 'bad' version of an eventbuilding which means you can pretty much replace it in the woodelves chapter. This isnt the case for other chapters where you can use them for a few chapters at least.

DeletedUser2579

You're both wrong.
They're both 4x6 in the end and 5x* before they get there, only Tier 1 is 4x5.

We were discussing True Size, which includes all required workshops, population, culture, and roads as well as the base factory size.
As I said, Tier 3 factories take up the most space.
https://elvenefficiency.netlify.com/

I followed the link; don't really understand the Calculator, but I digress.

So by true size, I understand you to mean current size. To me true size is the space required to grow the building throughout it's life. That's why I grow my residence in a 4x* strip and my workshops in a *x7 strip and all other buildings fill the appropriate (8 or less)x* strip in the city.

Loki Blue

because in the chapter after it, woodelves, you need mana. So to compensate that all these old event buildings dont offer mana, the devs decided to give all event buildings a big jump in their stats between orcs chapter and woodelves chapter. So basically you get the last 'bad' version of an eventbuilding which means you can pretty much replace it in the woodelves chapter. This isnt the case for other chapters where you can use them for a few chapters at least.

I would gladly have sent Odin to Rohan and left him there if I could have gotten a few scroll producers in exchange. :po_O:p

CrazyWizard

How do you figure that?
T3 buildings take up the most space, not less.
If you can replace a marble with a Fair, you save far less space than replacing a gem with a sled.

I personally went for mostly t2:

The main logic behind it is that scrolls are darn hard to come by at our server, I am constantly struggling to keep my scrolls up.
This set wil give me those badly needed scrolls so I went for 8 winter fairs, 4 sleds en 2 elvenade thingies to make it all work.

112 squares, 131.200 scrolls and 68.800 magic dust daily and some useless coins and supplies.

I skipped T1 since the previous event set already gives me 347.704 T1 every day, so I got plenty of those already.

in my opinion you are comparing apples with pears here tho.
A player with all magis buildings all wonders etc, is playing for rank usually. They dont want a set that gives them loads of goods but no points :)
A player who wants to play efficiently, those will want the set badly, but they usually arent that interested that much in ranking.
True, it's really hard to do both. on the other hand what you loose on the map you might earn back in the tournaments.

It's a difficult line to dance upon. but I try to balance both, I consider it planning ahead.

DeletedUser1953

I think there is really a problem with probability in this game,
12xx => 1 piece (beta)
1100 => 0 piece (life)
1300 => 0 piece (beta)

If i use Math, with 2400 =>
with chest 40 => 0.006% have no building
with chest 120 => 0.3%

Very boring mecanism !
Having 5 pieces to collect the set is very frustrating, on 2/5 city, i do not have it because of probability (and the live is not finished !!), and i do all the quest (probably the last time) !

DeletedUser1953

Yes but it is frustrating, it is a game, even Blizzard do some corrections to the math or for example (another counter that rises with bad luck), Innogames develops fragment for AW, in the bad world, you can use 1000+ runes to finish a AW if fragment does not exist (with fragment, max 91 runes) !

In the past, the problem happens a little, because most of time, we do all on 1/2 items : mainly the best daily pop+cult + x2 if we want the great price, and the chance/lucky problem is dissolved, some account have 7 buildings other 13 buildings but we can live with that !
Inno changes the gaming and frustration up !

Another new problem is that on day x2, there is no military building and only licorne, happily the great prize are totally useless this times but for the next ?

Another frustration is that most probably the set will be nerfed, but if they do that, i think my frustration will be thresholded !

The baddest event from my beginning (2 year) but the event is beatifull (UI) ..

Heymrdiedier

Yes but it is frustrating, it is a game, even Blizzard do some corrections to the math or for example (another counter that rises with bad luck), Innogames develops fragment for AW, in the bad world, you can use 1000+ runes to finish a AW if fragment does not exist (with fragment, max 91 runes) !

In the past, the problem happens a little, because most of time, we do all on 1/2 items : mainly the best daily pop+cult + x2 if we want the great price, and the chance/lucky problem is dissolved, some account have 7 buildings other 13 buildings but we can live with that !
Inno changes the gaming and frustration up !

Another new problem is that on day x2, there is no military building and only licorne, happily the great prize are totally useless this times but for the next ?

Another frustration is that most probably the set will be nerfed, but if they do that, i think my frustration will be thresholded !

The baddest event from my beginning (2 year) but the event is beatifull (UI) ..

i can only reply what i said a month ago

I can honestly say i dont like the rotating chests at all. First of all it takes a long time if you want to open many chests.
But most importantly, what people (or maybe just me) hate the most about the chest rewards is the randomness, and the only way to normalise randomness is by doing it many times after each other. In other words you need to open many, many chests then the random part gets smaller. But the rotating chests have a low payback of snowflakes, and half of the chests dont even have a payback at all. This means you get a lot less chests to open.

I would much rather have a high snowflake payback and a lower payout of delicacies, then how it is now, high payout of delicacies and barely any payback.
I also dont like that i often get the choice between 3 cheap chests, or the choice of 3 times expensive chests. Doesnt feel like i have a choice at all when these come up.

For me the rotating chests add an extra randomness to the allready too random currency events. And i dont think im the only one who doesnt like too much randomness.
Ive always done all events, but this time i feel like i shouldnt be putting too much effort for it, the chances that im getting what i want is too small even if i hardcore through the event.

edeba

"True size" takes into account how much population and culture you need to build a building, so, for example, a fully leveled marble manufacturer needs less population per square than a fully leveled gems manufacturer. So even comparing manufacturers the squares they need on a per square basis is very different.

And then, these buildings need roads, so because you can place buildings on both sides of the road, they are assigned 1/2 of the road squares that attached them to the main hall.

So, for example, if a 4x4 building requires 5000 population, and you get 2000 population from a residence and it is also 4x4, then you need 2.5 residences and they are part of the cost of that building.

So... You would need 2 squares for the road share, 2.5x16=40, and 40 squares for the required population make the true square cost 16 + 40 + 2 = 58 squares. I didn't even look at culture cost.

I followed the link; don't really understand the Calculator, but I digress.

So by true size, I understand you to mean current size. To me true size is the space required to grow the building throughout it's life. That's why I grow my residence in a 4x* strip and my workshops in a *x7 strip and all other buildings fill the appropriate (8 or less)x* strip in the city.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The event will run from today until December 20th so...
Just to be clear: is today the last day of Winter Magic Event or do we have tomorrow as well ? :confused:

Wowwie

LESS THAN 24 HOURS I am not going to get the priz:efrown:

Attachments

• Winter Event.JPG
    Winter Event.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 143