• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

SoggyShorts

@ThunderingJeff
Yep, I tried a few variations, but there's no real pretty way to do it. (at least on the 2D architect, in reality, there might be.
2018 winter set 1 of ea.png

Deleted User - 62044

i will like to play the game Soggy Shorts is playing, your numbers are amazing, realy shame in my city set still useless and give to me less of the half of the one factory.

SoggyShorts

i will like to play the game Soggy Shorts is playing, your numbers are amazing, realy shame in my city set still useless and give to me less of the half of the one factory.
I looked, you don't have any sets in your city. We've been over this before.

A set is a group of buildings.
1 set building is garbage.
2 set buildings is bad. <---This is what you have
3 set buildings is great.
4 set buildings is awesome.
5 set buildings is amazing

Understand?

Imagine the best hamburger ever.
But what you have is just top of the bun. Pretty crappy burger, right?
Or you have just the meat, nothing else. Pretty crappy burger, right?

A set is like a hamburger, the parts are only good together, and you need more than just 1 or 2 parts.

In this event the daily set is very easy to understand:
The sled gives 1,500 gems.....kinda bad
but, if you have a sled touching a fair then the sled gives 3,000 gems....not bad
but if you have a sled that touches a fair and touches a stall, then the sled gives 6,000 gems...amazing!!!

Last edited:

Deleted User - 62044

I'm not going to waste time arguing with you again, I'm just saying that we play different games.

I already had a complete set of 5 buildings, but you can only connect 4 so I have 5 nonsense, I also had 2 of 4 buildings, I currently have one in my city of 4, another of 3 and one of 2 buildings, I am selling them as I need space.

the building of the set today gives me 1,520 + 1,520 + 3,040 = 6,080 at the top,
only one "" 1 "" of my factories in 24 hours produces 6,635, not only produces more, it can also be extended and gives classification points.

SoggyShorts

the building of the set today gives me 1,520 + 1,520 + 3,040 = 6,080 at the top,
only one "" 1 "" of my factories in 24 hours produces 6,635, not only produces more, it can also be extended and gives classification points.
The sled is 3x3.
How big is your factory?
How many houses do you need for your factory?
How many supplies?
How many workshops?
How many houses for the workshops?
How much culture?
How many roads?

How many sleds can you fit in that space?

1 sled makes 10% less, but a factory needs 5x the space. Do you see?
I already had a complete set of 5 buildings, but you can only connect 4 so I have 5 nonsense, I also had 2 of 4 buildings, I currently have one in my city of 4, another of 3 and one of 2 buildings, I am selling them as I need space.
The only good sets have been winter and harvest. From harvest, you have 2 of 4, and 2 of 5. Not good enough. Simple as that.

I'm not going to waste time arguing with you again, I'm just saying that we play different games.
It is only a waste of time because you don't want to understand. I've explained this on 3 forums to dozens of players and in 3 fellowships, and you are literally the only person who doesn't get it.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 62044

The sled is 3x3.
It is only a waste of time because you don't want to understand.

Mathematics are mathematical
2 + 2 = 4, I have already had complete sets of 5 and they are useless, big and few benefits, as soon as I can I sell them, as I tell you I do not know where your numbers come from but they are not mine, I do not give the accounts, and have tricked me three times with the nonsense and there will be fourth and least seeing how the buildings do not give what gives me a "" ONLY "" of my factories.

my factories are 3x4, the building of the set is 3x3 but it would only give 1,520 against the 6,630 of my factory, to get to the 6,000 of the set I would need 3 more buildings more space, I've been years in this game do not cheat me, I have more buildings of set in my city than you (probably because like you sell them because they expire very fast).

SoggyShorts

, as I tell you I do not know where your numbers come from but they are not mine,
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings/sets/

That's where my numbers come from.

Also2018 winter new set beta.png
If the set was bad and I am lying, why would I have these?
That set is making me 103,200 elixir per day!
Plus I get 27,200 marble and 32,800 crystal
Show me how to do that here:
2018 winter new set beta vs.png
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/5af40e10e5c146afa8ee5704e8d70645/

Set buildings 82 squares.
Normal factories almost 900 squares

same goods per day.

Last edited:

edeba

Having dug deeply into looking at these calculations, I think the calculation is exaggerated.

Again, no. I don't think you have looked closely enough at the daily set. Re-read my post above, that is the set I was talking about too. There is no need to go for all 5, 3 is totally awesome, and even if you do want all 5, it by no means requires "tons of luck" to get all 5. On average if you do all of the quests you should win 11 buildings. 5 does not = tons of luck.

You have lots of followers here and on FB jack, I hope you aren't pushing them away from the best and easiest to get buildings ever offered.

Bottom line: The daily set is the best ever offered, and very easy to get 3 of them which is all you need (more, of course, is even better)

View attachment 4938
if you missed the stall, no problem, get a frost carved tree instead.

SoggyShorts

Having dug deeply into looking at these calculations, I think the calculation is exaggerated.
Show me.
If you have "dug deeply":rolleyes::rolleyes: show your work.

@edeba Using halfings for example:
halfling gem.png
1 sled.png

Gem makes 21,989 gems in 9h +3,3,3,3,3h
Sled makes 11,600 gems in 24h

Gem factory is making just over 100 gems per square per day.
Sled set is making just over 500 gems per square per day AND ALSO MAKES 9,200 T1& 12,000T2!

Now show me yours...

SoggyShorts

@edeba
Amuni chapter, All magic workshops and Magic Residences
16 expansions (400 squares, and negative culture)
8x3h production (robot, no sleep)
150% culture bonus (even though zero culture buildings)
102,160 T3
34,560 T2
28,160 T1
all magic.png
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/cea17086393e4c5fa5ba1d115221f8ef/

VS

My actual real current set on Beta:
82 squares
103,200 T3
32,800 T2
27,200 T1
mybeta 01.png 2018 winter new set beta.png
Pretty safe to say that set buildings are 5x better. If you don't have Magic buildings, then much much better. Even if you are a cheater and have a level 30 mountain halls wonder, the set is STILL better.

"Exageration" you say? I think not.

Karvest

@SoggyShorts you are not counting PP spells on workshops, that costs nearly nothing for tournament players, and amount of supplies instants from all recent events.
Both things are reducing the difference a lot. + regular production can be boosted by MM when needed.
I'm not saying that sets are bad (hope I would get 2-3 trees and build something like
upload_2018-12-6_8-42-40.png
), but the real difference for the tournament player with good online is not so big as you are showing.

SoggyShorts

@Karvest
Even if you have unlimited free supplies from heaven, and MM spell on all factories 24/7, you still need 200 squares to get what my set is getting in 82

Let's face it, 95% are not in the top 5% either, so using 100% magic buildings, 100% PoP and MM uptime, and 8x 3h log ins isn't very realistic, and yet the set still wins in that scenario being more than twice as efficient.

Last edited:

Karvest

As I've said, I agree that sets are better, and I like to have them in my city, but the difference is not as big as you are promoting.
And things changes when you are not at the last chapters and need to upgrade these sets many times to sustain that difference.

SoggyShorts

Nah. If the set is 100% better for someone playing on God-mode with
all magic buildings and
all level 30 wonders and
unlimited culture and
unlimited supplies
unlimited PoP spells
unlimited MM spells
logs in every 3 hours 265 days a year

then I'm very comfortable saying that for a normal player the set is absolutely amazing.

For a non-theoretical real example, my Beta city has
increased T1 production from 72,648 to 99,848 a 37% increase
increased t2 production from 70,694 to 103,494 a 46% increase
increased t3 production from 60,864 to 163,164 a 168% increase
That's real, not theory.

and I also expect to get 2 trees to increase my mana from 85K to 200K
might get lucky and grap 2 of the other ones as well, add 4 KP per day to list of goodies.

As for upgrading, not a concern. Either you are a god-mode player and have dozens of RR spells coming, or you play normally and the set is better in chapter 5 than factories are in chapter 13. (per square) or somewhere in-between where it's still amazing for 4-5 chapters.

SoggyShorts

@Karvest the set you said you are hoping for replaces every single mana building, and gives you an extra 46,000 T3 and 48,000 T2
and also SAVES you 100 squares.

Maybe you are trying to downplay how awesome the set is so the devs don't nerf it?:p

Heymrdiedier

Imagine the best hamburger ever.
But what you have is just top of the bun. Pretty crappy burger, right?
Or you have just the meat, nothing else. Pretty crappy burger, right?

A set is like a hamburger, the parts are only good together, and you need more than just 1 or 2 parts.

i like your comparison alot, especially since i can keep thinking in the same matter:

if you put 2 or 3 or more pieces of meat in it, it gets even better. Same for cheese etc.
Sets become very good if you think for yourself and get more of the pieces you think are good, and ignore the bad pieces of a set. For example i would never go for all 5 of the buildings of the current daily set, that doesnt seem like a good idea. Better to go for like mana optimized version, or goods optimized version.