• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

SoggyShorts

They changed it to 8h because 48 sucked. Once I have all of the Orc strats and vallors that I want I'll be out fo SF, and still want the 5 day military ones.

More importantly 95% of players aren't at the end of the tech tree, so advice and analysis should include them--they won't have stockpiles like us.

Last edited:

Karvest

I'm still far from the end of tech tree (finishing dragons now), but have more then 2.3k spells in inventory, hope that would be enough both for crafting and DA. That's the matter of playstyle, either you do a lot of tournaments and have no problems with spells for DA (and with upgrading DA, of course), or you are forced to use regular/event mana-producing buildings instead of culture/pop/manufactories. And crafting won't change that much. Military building (that would allow you to get more provinces up to 2* and 5*) would give you more PP/EE spells that can be converted into 600 fragments needed to craft this building.

SoggyShorts

That's the matter of playstyle,
Indeed, and I think it's important to remember that we here on Beta aren't a great representation of the general player base.
Take the last 100 posts by any player on these forums, and I bet their average tournament score is in the top 10%.
We're kinda freaks.
Military building (that would allow you to get more provinces up to 2* and 5*) would give you more PP/EE spells that can be converted into 600 fragments needed to craft this building.
I need to know if this will work. 600 fragments is ~12 spells, so if I can just do 12 extra provinces to 1 star, I'm golden. Does MMM or ELR or UUdo that for me? Gonna be fun to find out.

Jackluyt

Here's a peep at the Winter Event.

You are welcome to share it with friends, fellowship and neighbors who do not play on Beta.

We do lots of newsy videos like this - watch out for them!

Karvest

600 fragments = 10 pp/ee spells on lvl5 MA = 6 more provinces up to 2*+ 4 more up to 5* (or 7+3), if military building can't give you such a small bonus - they not worth taking into account at all.

SoggyShorts

600 fragments = 10 pp/ee spells on lvl5 MA = 6 more provinces up to 2*+ 4 more up to 5* (or 7+3), if military building can't give you such a small bonus - they not worth taking into account at all.
I've only ever used 3 at once and what those did was insane. I never tried with 1. :)

Maillie

My game poofed. I got a notice that the game had "Terminated". When I logged back in there was no event.

Karvest

anyway, one big daily event building from current event worth 36PP in fragments - better stockpile them if you want to be prepared.=)

DeletedUser1997

My Winter Event is gone also !!!!!
Notice recvd.: Game Terminated, logged back in - Event is totally gone !!!!
(same problem like Maillie).

salandrine

quests are back again

but I dont got snowflakes since the game crashed. :(

Also the double day is gone. The machine is giving only normal sweets.

SoggyShorts

anyway, one big daily event building from current event worth 36PP in fragments - better stockpile them if you want to be prepared.=)
I dunno... I like crafting, but each sled I get is worth 160 squares of T3 production...I can't see myself trying for buildings just to disenchant them.

DeletedUser2579

Winter Magic error

raise 4 buildings to level 5 or more

gifts them to you while building level 4