• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

Lovec Krys

Woodelvenstock chest system means that:
I'll test my strategy from Woodelvenstock (if it was just luck or good strategy).
I can forget about getting even second grand price. Due to that, I'll simply use the first grand price for crafting (on live - I don't have Magic Academy on beta)

Looking forward building list.
I hope there is some good non-set mana building best placed in the mid of the event. I need to replace my S&D mana buildings for elemental mana buildings and lower the space used by mana buildings (on live, on beta I'm in fairies).

Jackluyt

So far, the Quests in 'Winter Magic' (we have done 35 already) appear to be copy-and-pasted straight out of the Woodelvenstock Summer Event!

This is really sloppy work from the design team, in my humble opinion, for the main event of the year, covering the festive season.

It means that bad quest-design features that have been fixed in subsequent Events are now being repeated - so we are doing a giant leap backwards, undoing the positive response to player feedback...
:( :(

DeletedUser2194

Devs, with all do respect, SLOW DOWN with the events. Take your TIME. Copy and pasting is just a 'tiny' bit sloppy. A festive event that ran in Beta from December 1st to the 30th and from the 7th to the 6th of January in Live would have been fine. And maybe, after this, don't immediately do a New Year's, Valentine's, Spring, Easter events, and three Fellowship Adventures. Just use the time designing a GREAT February Fellowship Adventures and Spring Event. Quality > Quantity.

Dony

King of Bugs
well with crafting involved you want as much as possible new events because you can translate them as another spell fragment
also if you dont want any daily building from big events you should go for biggest buildings since they give most spell fragments

Last edited:

Arayla

I hope there is some good non-set mana building best placed in the mid of the event. I need to replace my S&D mana buildings for elemental mana buildings and lower the space used by mana buildings (on live, on beta I'm in fairies).

@Lovec Krys From what I can see, there are no stand-alone mana producing buildings in this event.

You will want to go for the Winter Market set. Today's building is part of it.

The set is pretty amazing for mana if you get enough pieces. Go to ElvenArchitect Sets to see the details for your city's chapter.

SoggyShorts

This is really sloppy work from the design team
Copy and pasting is just a 'tiny' bit sloppy.
While I would love for them to give us a totally new and innovative list of quests, I do completely understand why they did the copy and paste.
Look at the FA. Inno has basically told us (by lack of response) that they are happy with them as is and that means they can roll them out 4-6 times a year with zero effort whatsoever. Counting the 1-week break between events, that's 2.3 months that are DONE. Get the formula down for valentines, Halloween and 2 other mini quest lists and a couple more months done. The holy grail is 4 major event quest lists that they can use on repeat, and never have to make a quest list ever again.
Like a DJ who has a decent playlist that is 1 year long, they can just press "play" on January first and collect a paycheck every 2 weeks.

SoggyShorts

Looking forward building list.
I hope there is some good non-set mana building
The set mana building is the absolute best mana building in the game.
manaset.png
A simple set like the one above gives 90,000 mana per day, 1,500 per hour. Or 62.5 mana per square per hour(including all 4 buildings shown)
To replace it you'd need to buy 3.5 cat theatres that give 61.67 and would cost about $100 on a good sale
And you also get other goodies from the 2 non-mana set buildings in the pic above.

Heymrdiedier

A simple set like the one above gives 90,000 mana per day, 1,500 per hour. Or 62.5 mana per square per hour(including all 4 buildings shown)
To replace it you'd need to buy 3.5 cat theatres that give 61.67 and would cost about $100 on a good sale
And you also get other goodies from the 2 non-mana set buildings in the pic above.
is that the owl set? i wont count on getting it then, i didnt even manage to get the second dayprize in woodelvenstock, so i assume it wont be any different this time

Lovec Krys

@Arayla Thanks. I'll consider it.
The good think is that I don't need the whole set, I just need 2 adjancences for full mana bonus.
So there is a good chance, that I can get enough pieces of the set together with some pop/kult hybrids for replacement my current ones.
As a fresh expired elements chapter player I can basically replace all of my event buildings for better alternatives, but the mana buildings from Woodelvenstock are the oldest.

@SoggyShorts Yes it seems that this time Inno will succeed to convince me to go for a set (or at least for part of it)

Karvest

That's 2 last pieces of Winter Market Set mixed with any 2 other different pieces.
You can get one as grand prize №8 (after getting all other pieces of both sets). btw, I was surprised that this set is even available as daily prizes.

Lovec Krys

@Karvest Grand prize n. 8? How much must one pay to get to the 8th grand prize?
Players going after Owl set can get 2 or 3 buildings without paying (all three if they are lucky enough and sacrifices all daily prizes).
Players going after daily buildings can get only 1 grand prize (2 if they are lucky).

DeletedUser2580

The problem I see with not having the choice of tourney or provinces is. That now I will have to decide to do the event or tourney as I am low enough I dont have the resources to do both.
It was a good way when we could use the tourney to complete.
I have a good FS as far as goods go but dont want to ask for goods for both tourney and event. :(

DeletedUser724

any 1 know
where can we find the 2 kind of set buildings in this winter event
their benefits ?
it seem the annoucement forget to tell us those info

edeba

I am not refusing, I am delaying. We have at least one other in my beta fs that the events are a bust in that can not get any further, and in my game on the live server, I do not want to explore extra provinces.

Clearly they have their reason, but for me, there is no way in the world that I would spend money on an event that I can't do by design.

I've made purchases for most events, but this one is not appealing to me. I have to look at it closer, but so far the game items aren't so inspiring to me to led me to part with my cash.

@edeba to be fair, you are playing a rather.....unconventional strategy on Beta by refusing to progress your city through the tech tree.

Deleted User - 62044

?? Where do you get this?

Are you cheating me? we play the same game ??
In the previous event, the same happened, they told me that the set gave millions of things, I have it on and I'm still waiting, any of my factories gives more in 3 hours than the whole set in a week ......
in this event the top of mana is 8,900, where are the remaining 81,000 ???

Are you cheating me? I'm missing something? Where do they get those numbers? we play the same game?