1. Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion Winter Magic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marindor, Nov 19, 2018.

1. lehayes

lehayes Well-Known Member

I'm sure it is, but, Why's that?

I'n in chapter 4 and I really want to know...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  2. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Well-Known Member

We were discussing True Size, which includes all required workshops, population, culture, and roads as well as the base factory size.
    As I said, Tier 3 factories take up the most space.
    https://elvenefficiency.netlify.com/

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  3. Heymrdiedier

Heymrdiedier Well-Known Member

because in the chapter after it, woodelves, you need mana. So to compensate that all these old event buildings dont offer mana, the devs decided to give all event buildings a big jump in their stats between orcs chapter and woodelves chapter. So basically you get the last 'bad' version of an eventbuilding which means you can pretty much replace it in the woodelves chapter. This isnt the case for other chapters where you can use them for a few chapters at least.

Loki Blue likes this.
  4. lehayes

lehayes Well-Known Member

I followed the link; don't really understand the Calculator, but I digress.

So by true size, I understand you to mean current size. To me true size is the space required to grow the building throughout it's life. That's why I grow my residence in a 4x* strip and my workshops in a *x7 strip and all other buildings fill the appropriate (8 or less)x* strip in the city.

5. Loki Blue

Loki Blue Well-Known Member

I would gladly have sent Odin to Rohan and left him there if I could have gotten a few scroll producers in exchange. :po_O:p

Heymrdiedier likes this.
  6. CrazyWizard

CrazyWizard Well-Known Member

I personally went for mostly t2:

The main logic behind it is that scrolls are darn hard to come by at our server, I am constantly struggling to keep my scrolls up.
    This set wil give me those badly needed scrolls so I went for 8 winter fairs, 4 sleds en 2 elvenade thingies to make it all work.

112 squares, 131.200 scrolls and 68.800 magic dust daily and some useless coins and supplies.

I skipped T1 since the previous event set already gives me 347.704 T1 every day, so I got plenty of those already.

True, it's really hard to do both. on the other hand what you loose on the map you might earn back in the tournaments.

It's a difficult line to dance upon. but I try to balance both, I consider it planning ahead.

SoggyShorts likes this.
  7. cestbienmoi

cestbienmoi Active Member

I think there is really a problem with probability in this game,
    12xx => 1 piece (beta)
    1100 => 0 piece (life)
    1300 => 0 piece (beta)

If i use Math, with 2400 =>
    with chest 40 => 0.006% have no building
    with chest 120 => 0.3%

Very boring mecanism !
    Having 5 pieces to collect the set is very frustrating, on 2/5 city, i do not have it because of probability (and the live is not finished !!), and i do all the quest (probably the last time) !

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  8. SoggyShorts

@cestbienmoi I got 3 dailies in 3 tries once. Same day someone posted that they got nothing with 3100 worth of tries. It happens.

9. cestbienmoi

cestbienmoi Active Member

Yes but it is frustrating, it is a game, even Blizzard do some corrections to the math or for example (another counter that rises with bad luck), Innogames develops fragment for AW, in the bad world, you can use 1000+ runes to finish a AW if fragment does not exist (with fragment, max 91 runes) !

In the past, the problem happens a little, because most of time, we do all on 1/2 items : mainly the best daily pop+cult + x2 if we want the great price, and the chance/lucky problem is dissolved, some account have 7 buildings other 13 buildings but we can live with that !
    Inno changes the gaming and frustration up !

Another new problem is that on day x2, there is no military building and only licorne, happily the great prize are totally useless this times but for the next ?

Another frustration is that most probably the set will be nerfed, but if they do that, i think my frustration will be thresholded !

The baddest event from my beginning (2 year) but the event is beatifull (UI) ..

10. SoggyShorts

Yeah, I really like this idea. Increase the odds of getting a building each spin by 2-5% until you get one.

11. Heymrdiedier

Heymrdiedier Well-Known Member

i can only reply what i said a month ago

12. edeba

edeba Well-Known Member

"True size" takes into account how much population and culture you need to build a building, so, for example, a fully leveled marble manufacturer needs less population per square than a fully leveled gems manufacturer. So even comparing manufacturers the squares they need on a per square basis is very different.

And then, these buildings need roads, so because you can place buildings on both sides of the road, they are assigned 1/2 of the road squares that attached them to the main hall.

So, for example, if a 4x4 building requires 5000 population, and you get 2000 population from a residence and it is also 4x4, then you need 2.5 residences and they are part of the cost of that building.

So... You would need 2 squares for the road share, 2.5x16=40, and 40 squares for the required population make the true square cost 16 + 40 + 2 = 58 squares. I didn't even look at culture cost.

SoggyShorts likes this.
  13. Loki Blue

@edeba I'm puzzled as to why you quoted me in your reply to @lehayes...my comment has nothing to do with their conversation.

14. edeba

edeba Well-Known Member

Lol, I have no recollection of quoting you at all, but clearly it was there. Going to remove it.

15. Loki Blue

16. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member

Just to be clear: is today the last day of Winter Magic Event or do we have tomorrow as well ? :confused:

17. Karvest

Karvest Well-Known Member

hm... upload_2018-12-19_3-9-47.png

Golden Awaken likes this.
  18. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member

OK, didn't see that. :) Was looking for it somewhere, must have missed it. :oops:

SoggyShorts likes this.
  19. Wowwie

Wowwie Well-Known Member

LESS THAN 24 HOURS I am not going to get the prize:(

Attached Files:

20. SoggyShorts

Ugh that sucks:(

Wowwie likes this.