• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

Deleted User - 81190

@Aeva It's a design flaw to force players to build the reward of the event just to progress in that event.
You can also craft one of the evolving bases in the MA. Even if someone didn't have those in the inventory already, the event is long enough for those to pop up.

Also, I haven't tried it, but it is possible that disenchanting a PF would count as usage. It apparently counted as enchantment use in the FA.

Aerendil

The change in the episodic quests didnt work well
now quest 74 is locked (opens in 4h) with 22 quests total remaining,
but only 21 days 14h left.
Usually we get more than 10 hours for the final quest

Martia

that's not 74 locked, that's 74 already done and waiting for 75
Screenshot_20201123-224256_Elvenar.jpg
No, it is 73 finished and waiting till next quest begins

Enevhar Aldarion

Screenshot (18).png

Also, read the announcement again. It says that anyone who has reached the one-per-day quests will get locked for an extra day, so that the numbers match at the end of the event, not that only the players on quest 75 will be locked. So anyone past quest 62 should have been either locked out last night or will be locked out tonight, in my case. @Marindor is this the correct reading?

Karvest

Everybody who reach daily quests should have same amount of them done and same quest waiting. Now we see 73 74 and 75. I can understand how 75 appeared - you've done that quest in the morning and tomorrow you will see same locked quest without doing anything. But how 73 can appear - that's the question... unless they messed things up and moved the line 2 quests forward instead of announced 1.

Enevhar Aldarion

Everybody who reach daily quests should have same amount of them done and same quest waiting. Now we see 73 74 and 75. I can understand how 75 appeared - you've done that quest in the morning and tomorrow you will see same locked quest without doing anything. But how 73 can appear - that's the question... unless they messed things up and moved the line 2 quests forward instead of announced 1.

No, read the announcement again:

Episodic Winter quests started a day too early. We fixed that now, meaning that for players who were already playing episodic quests, today's quest will show as "locked" again because it will now unlock at a later stage.

It says people who have reached the episodic quests, which is any quest after #62. It says nowhere this is only for people on #75.

Karvest

Those who haven't hit locked quest yesterday can't have it locked "again" today.
UPD: new day, quest is postponed 1 day further.
@Marindor, seems you moved episodic quests borderline too far (skipped 2 quests instead of announced 1).

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

So anyone past quest 62 should have been either locked out last night or will be locked out tonight, in my case. @Marindor is this the correct reading?
But I didn't do the quest, got locked out, and I'm still locked out (new "day" stated 9 minutes ago)
You did the quest and are at 75 and locked,
I didn't, and I'm at 74 and locked.
I thought that you'd stay locked and I would catch up, but no.

So... No quest for anyone today, and tomorrow I catch up while you do nothing?

Enevhar Aldarion

But I didn't do the quest, got locked out, and I'm still locked out (new "day" stated 9 minutes ago)
You did the quest and are at 75 and locked,
I didn't, and I'm at 74 and locked.
I thought that you'd stay locked and I would catch up, but no.

So... No quest for anyone today, and tomorrow I catch up while you do nothing?

I am locked for today. I have to wait another 24 hours til I can do quest 76. So it looks like it is working correctly for me.

SoggyShorts

but it's "lotto-like" scenario
Is it really though? Here you are able to buy every single number and guarantee a win.
If you did that in the 6/49 it would cost over 40m and you might have to share the winnings.
This event has 100% guaranteed prizes for far less input than that.

The only lotto part of this event is whether you win even more than the guaranteed 10 prizes. AFAIK it's the most generous (in number) of prizes they have offered.

Ok, sure you can't win every single daily prize without some pretty outstanding luck, but I'm fairly certain that in the history of Elvenar no one has actually managed to do that in any event ever, so that's a bit of a high bar.

DeletedUser2735

Ok, sure you can't win every single daily prize without some pretty outstanding luck, but I'm fairly certain that in the history of Elvenar no one has actually managed to do that in any event ever, so that's a bit of a high bar.
Who wants to have all daily prices? Most player want to win a few daily prices more than once and 9 fragments. And in my opinion that system is the worst to win daily prices an enough fragments, because Inno has made shuffle so expensive, that you have to complete the board and take this nasty sideprices nobody wants to win. And therefore for me this shuffleboard is the worst they ever done.

Arthus

With this event many of our fellowship left. Told game is not funny and worth playing anymore.
Today another person, just hour ago.

Idk who designed events in 2020 but come back to 2019 model.

SoggyShorts

And in my opinion that system is the worst to win daily prices an enough fragments, because Inno has made shuffle so expensive, that you have to complete the board and take this nasty sideprices nobody wants to win. And therefore for me this shuffleboard is the worst they ever done.
Your opinion isn't based on fact.
Who cares how expensive it is if they give you enough currency so that you are 100% guaranteed to win the artifacts needed to max out your owl AND get 10 daily prizes of your choice, maybe even 20?
With this event many of our fellowship left. Told game is not funny and worth playing anymore.
Today another person, just hour ago.
Idk who designed events in 2020 but come back to 2019 model.
Seriously? Was it the quests, or the event style? I can see some of the quests being a turn-off for some players in some chapters, but the event style is the absolute easiest most generous event offered.

------------------------------------------------
I know I left for a while, but those of you who've seen my 10,000+ posts between Beta,US, and EN forums know that I basically never praise the developers.
This however is one time that they deserve it for giving us a fair and generous event where the rewards line up quite well with the effort.

Arthus

Your opinion isn't based on fact.
Who cares how expensive it is if they give you enough currency so that you are 100% guaranteed to win the artifacts needed to max out your owl AND get 10 daily prizes of your choice, maybe even 20?

Seriously? Was it the quests, or the event style? I can see some of the quests being a turn-off for some players in some chapters, but the event style is the absolute easiest most generous event offered.

------------------------------------------------
I know I left for a while, but those of you who've seen my 10,000+ posts between Beta,US, and EN forums know that I basically never praise the developers.
This however is one time that they deserve it for giving us a fair and generous event where the rewards line up quite well with the effort.

Idk, people saying that it stopped giving fun to them, maybe too difficult quests for too small prizes like 1 relic?