• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

FieryArien

(...) you're guaranteed to get a daily prize every 400 (or 445 if you're forced to reshuffle after opening the 16 things) keys.
If you open all chests, the board reshuffles automatically without the need to use reshuffle for 45 keys.

I know, because I keep finding what I aim for in one of the last three chests way too often - then I open the last one or two chests instead of hitting reshuffle. Just today: I aimed for the daily prize and for the 2x2 Temple of the Flame. Of course the Temple was the third last chest and Snowman was the second to last.
9AFDD880-38C5-4508-9EED-3B2C9D6D3432.jpeg

PS: It’s not meant as a complaint. There was just one day I was reasonably lucky with the daily prices, but it was the right day. 10 Goblin Gift Shops.

edeba

what is this !!! very easy for big city with several 10+ open province for tournament but what for level 3 or under , collect 5 enchantments will takes lot of time ....

View attachment 8360
I agree, 10 encounters is a lot when it is 1 quest per province. And then it really screw up doing the tournament when you have enough provinces because you know these boogers are coming, so you hold off on playing your tournament then timing get really thrown off. That's not a big deal if you have the time warp, but you don't get that until chapter 14. I am sure I've already suggested making the tournament a few hour longer just because of how these quests in events mess up timing. I usually get my level 6 in, but events have messed up the ability to do so.

Jian

In one of the missions it´s possible only to count from The Spire or Encounters. My suggestion is that it should be possible to count from the Turnament too. It´s so hard for us smaller players to reach it all without beeing able to count from turnament too.

1606072192350.png

Love ewentprizes like Elvenade Brewery

guivou

worst : 3 encounter + 3 spire encounter does not validate the quest

the quest should be "solve 6 encounters or spire encounters" , or better "solve 6 encounters" (including map, spire or tournament )

CrazyWizard

In one of the missions it´s possible only to count from The Spire or Encounters. My suggestion is that it should be possible to count from the Turnament too. It´s so hard for us smaller players to reach it all without beeing able to count from turnament too.

View attachment 8367

Love ewentprizes like Elvenade Brewery

smaller players should have no issue on the world map.
unless you to have a 6-7 day scouting time ;)

SoggyShorts

or better "solve 6 encounters" (including map, spire or tournament )
The more I think about this, the less sure I am.

Already the quests are becoming more and more repetitive.
I feel like pretty soon we'll be down to
  1. "Produce goods"
  2. "Produce supplies"
  3. "Collect relics"
  4. "Solve Encounters"
  5. Repeat
These are all things that you do anyway, which makes it easy, but should that be the goal?
For quests to be completed automatically through normal play?

The events used to require planning and strategy, which some players didn't enjoy, but now I find myself never thinking
"Oh a challenge, how am I going to overcome this to get the reward?"

Instead, my thoughts are either "Oh this one again" click, click done, or "Oh, that one" click-click, wait for tomorrow, click done.

I doubt I'll get much support asking for a greater variety that leads to a challenge though. :p

CrazyWizard

The more I think about this, the less sure I am.

Already the quests are becoming more and more repetitive.
I feel like pretty soon we'll be down to
  1. "Produce goods"
  2. "Produce supplies"
  3. "Collect relics"
  4. "Solve Encounters"
  5. Repeat
These are all things that you do anyway, which makes it easy, but should that be the goal?
For quests to be completed automatically through normal play?

The events used to require planning and strategy, which some players didn't enjoy, but now I find myself never thinking
"Oh a challenge, how am I going to overcome this to get the reward?"

Instead, my thoughts are either "Oh this one again" click, click done, or "Oh, that one" click-click, wait for tomorrow, click done.

I doubt I'll get much support asking for a greater variety that leads to a challenge though. :p

lol in the past there was no challenge as well, the only challenge there was were people who tried to finish the entire event in the first hour to first few hours.

This was especially beneficial for players with 17 towns as they could do all towns in a short time and then take a 3 week rest ;)
So that challenge was self made. but you can challenge yourself now as well to so how fast you can get to the daily ones.

SoggyShorts

but you can challenge yourself now as well to so how fast you can get to the daily ones.
Really though? I mean at our level, especially? What is challenging in the quests?
I think the first time I got "stuck" was when I hit a "give neighborly help X times" but I had already done my FS and was too lazy to go get my phone.

Yariaa

For me the quests ended when I had to fight 3 encounters (I don't fight) or use 1 pet food.
I don't have an animal to feed.

Yariaa

No owl in my inventory, but maybe I already turned in into fragments.
Can't remember. Still no owl to feed.
I will be collecting the keys around my village.

CrazyWizard

@Aeva It's a design flaw to force players to build the reward of the event just to progress in that event.

we differ in opinion on that.

It's a design flaw if there was no option to build one.
If the "main prize" of an event is building X, and the main goal of the event is to evolve building X, a Y amount levels.
Then it's reasonable to incorporate that building in an event.

If your personal goals are different, then thats fine, but no one can deny that this event revolves around the Snow Owl, even if you think the buildings sucks