• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

chris0707070707

I miss endless questline, wishing wells, currency in academy and good buildings.
I wonder why events are weaker now than in 2019...
Hopefully something new in 2021, Owl is ok but daily system is terrible.
Well, I don't miss endless questline at all. Those 24 bears costed me countless hours of my life (spent on doing over 2000 quests) ;)
I definitely prefer well balanced events with 80-100 quests.

Arthus

Well, I don't miss endless questline at all. Those 24 bears costed me countless hours of my life (spent on doing over 2000 quests) ;)
I definitely prefer well balanced events with 80-100 quests.

If i had 24 bears then i would too prefer others to not catch up to me lol.
With 1 mediocre owl per event we surely won't so be happy.

Eilin

I miss endless questline, wishing wells, currency in academy and good buildings.
I wonder why events are weaker now than in 2019...
Hopefully something new in 2021, Owl is ok but daily system is terrible.

@Arthus !
Let's assume, there will be endless questline again.
And then what?
Again, better players will win more prizes than you...
And then... you will harass us again and again with your lamentations and conspiracy theories for months and years :eek:
Please, no!
Better let it stay as it is. Better for you and for us :)

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@givou Depending on your tourney activity, some cities can be without full relics even in S&D.

@Arthus Forget about endless quest line. Current trend is to give us less in events not more. And since endless quests probably didn't bring them more money, they will never appear again.

chris0707070707

If i had 24 bears then i would too prefer others to not catch up to me lol.
In opposite to you, I wouldn't :) And I haven't. Let me remind you what exactly happened back then. I already decribed the chain of events on a different occasion:
We used to have a pretty good, healthy high-level tournament competition on our servers before the Zodiac event. ... Results above 20k happened occasionally and 15k was becoming a standard. Then the summer event happened with it's tons of timeboosters. Me and some other players found a way to make the endless quest line really endless and posted some exact instructions on our forum. We have some very good players who don't hestitate a second to share their knowledge and ideas with everybody else. We know exactly that some small exclusive groups of OP players don't serve the game too well in a long term. Many other players profited from that guidance and approached the summer event very aggressively, more aggressively than they normally would have. The result was a significant amount of players with 3-12 mermaid paradises and literally thousands of hours of timeboosters. So far so good, almost everyone was happy, but a little bit concerned about what would happen next.

Then the Zodiac event came to beta... With it's endless quest line again, with it's waaay to powerful 85-key chests and with it's ridiculous amount of currency per quest. With it's unlimited, very powerful main prizes on top of it. We just couldn't believe that IG didn't learn anything from the summer event....

So we did it again. We helped other players by posting a step-by-step instructions about how to prepare for this specific event and how to approach it, with the result that hunderts of players were able to "win" 2 brown bears, dozens of players winning 3 of them and maybe 15-20 players winning 4 to 6 brown bears. Helping the others to get as many bears as possible was our way to keep the tournament competition alive.
As you can see (and as you well know) I've never had any problems with other players catching up with me. Quite the opposite, I'm the one who actively helped them do it :D
And since endless quests probably didn't bring them more money, they will never appear again.
Endless quest line was a mistake on soooo many levels, both for Inno Games and for us. I hope they will never make a similar mistake again.

Last edited:

edeba

Endless quest line was a mistake on soooo many levels, both for Inno Games and for us. I hope they will never make a similar mistake again.
I think it was implemented wrong. If they bell curved the rewards it would have worked better and never led to such an imbalance, and leveling the first bird would have been easy, then not so easy, and you'd have to go crazy to get at a 3rd. I forget how many keys or whatever the reward was, but this current even has started at 25, and gradually increases, but what should have happened with endless is once say 50 is reached, it should have declined back to 10.

guivou

1605802415144.png

8 fight and win, how is it possible if province are red ???? these quest are worst as i progress in the event ...

Last edited:

PaNonymeB

I think it was implemented wrong. If they bell curved the rewards it would have worked better and never led to such an imbalance, and leveling the first bird would have been easy, then not so easy, and you'd have to go crazy to get at a 3rd. I forget how many keys or whatever the reward was, but this current even has started at 25, and gradually increases, but what should have happened with endless is once say 50 is reached, it should have declined back to 10.
Which is what they did in the following event - Winter Magic a year ago. In the following event, Elvarian Carnival, they first decided to keep it, but came back to finite questline during Beta-testing phase.

SoggyShorts

Which again raises the suggestion @InnoGames : if the intent is that new players first discover the game before bothering with events, why not making events only available in chapters 3+ ?
Maybe to show them what they have to look forward to? It could add incentive to progress just seeing the stuff.
There are certainly 2 reactions to seeing something in a game that you can't do yet.
1. Oh, I can't wait to do that! :)
2. Oh, I can't wait to do that! :mad:

Deleted User - 81190

...why not making events only available in chapters 3+ ?
Why is there persistent desire to limit other people's choices, instead of your own?

- "I think there are too many optional events for me, but I can't control myself and limit my own participation, so why don't we prevent everyone else in participating in extra events?"
- "I think some quests in optional event are too hard for me in Chapter 2, so why don't we prevent everyone else in Chapter 2 to participate in events?"
- "I think there are too many optional quests, and I am not willing to do extra work, so why don't we prevent everyone else in getting extra rewards for doing extra work?"

SoggyShorts

Why is there persistent desire to limit other people's choices, instead of your own?
I had a teacher who used to give out little chocolates.
There was a girl in my elementary school who didn't like chocolate- wasn't allergic or anything, just didn't like it. A few complaints from her and her mom and the result was no more chocolate for anyone.
I'm pretty sure she reminded the teacher about assigning homework on Fridays too...

Enevhar Aldarion

I said something earlier about there maybe not being daily unlocking quests this time, but I was wrong. I finished quest 71 today and was locked until new game day tonight. So 63 quests to do right away and 32 one-a-day quests.

@Jackluyt your Platinum Leaf page is showing through quest 76, which is impossible, unless the person who gave you that is pulling from the data files. But I can confirm everything on your page, though quest 71, is accurate.

Karvest

Sadly, I don't know the way to fetch arbitrary quest data from server, and don't see it in client files...