• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

If Inno is going to continue to develop this game as one that the player can choose to play as EITHER a Warrior OR a Merchant then event quests to “fight” an encounter must be changed to “solve” so that all player styles have the opportunity to complete the quest. I’ve been told numerous times by Support that there is no “requirement” to fight in this game. They say that it benefits the player to use all resources and do both fighting and catering, but fighting IS NOT a required element.

So, why then am I forced to keep a barracks in my city? Why cant I sell it or at least teleport it if I have no need of it and it’s taking up valuable space I could use for merchant purposes?

Ive played successfully and have very much enjoyed this game for three years without ever fighting an encounter. Because fighting is not supposed to be required, I’ve designed and built my three cities without military buildings or military boost AWs. So now in high level chapters and without a military I’m supposed to “fight and win” encounters?? Not gonna happen.

edeba

It would simplify things a lot if they changed ‘Spire Encounters’ or ‘Tournament Encounters’ to any Encounter.
I can’t see any particular advantage to having different kinds of Encounter - and there are two days after a Tournament / Spire ends when people who are dependent on these quests cannot play at all.
It would make the event more enjoyable for some players if they did not have to wait!!
One event I had done the spire early because I had a lot of boost out that were going to expire and it was 6 days of waiting for the next spire to start.

That's a great suggestion that these quests should be any encounter, and in any combination.

Deleted User - 90665

@CrazyWizard

I only just got enough Keys to get the pet and was going to put the answer when I saw your reply.. ;) Thank-you very much..

TomBrady

Dear IG, you are about to make the same mistake again with nearly invisible keys around the city in winter event.
We already had a similiar problem some time ago.

View attachment 8273

It's OK at the moment, but someone should try to imagine, how it would look like on live servers with all that snow around the city in December...
I'm afraid keys will be barely visible.
Come on INNO Designers...4 days on and a simple change of a luminous Pink or cyan circle as a backdrop ...these pickups are REALLY difficult to see...

Earwen1

Although I am rather new to this international, beta forum, it has been over a year that I have played daily and also followed the discussions in the (Dutch and international) fora quite a bit. The one core issue that comes up in every thread about new events and adventures is that quests are either too difficult, or impossible to accomplish for beginners, or too easy and boring for middle or end game players. At the other hand: there are a number of quests which have the opposite situation.
  • Scouting new province
    • - Easy and fast for beginners,
    • - Expensive and time consuming for end gamers
  • Finish a research
    • - Quite easy in the beginning
    • - Getting harder in the middle and end game (when you have to wait for mana for 3 days...)
  • Create stuff in the Magic Academy, including CC's
    • - Impossible in Chapter 1 an 2, as you don't have a MA then
    • - Getting easier while you get to collect enough Diamonds to upgrade the MA.
  • Fight to win a province -
    • - Difficult in the beginning because you run out of provinces to conquer all the time and all that you have left is the very hard, red marked ones that are impossible to get by fighting and just cost a huge amount of stuff to cater.
    • - Getting easier, at least if you can save up some provinces after scouting them for use in events.
  • A number of confrontations in the tournament.
    • - Difficult for beginners, because you just don't have so many provinces to hit. In Chapter III I get to hit 5 or 6 provinces in a tournament and have to wait 16 hours to hit again.
    • - Getting easier while the number of provinces in a tournament increases.
This list is not complete, I am sure you all can sum up some more.

My point is, that if the difficulty rate of quests, compared to players level would be taken into account in events, quests in events could be more balanced for both beginners, middle and end gamers.

For example a quest could be like: "Scout a province OR make a ComboCat. in the Magical Academy."
As a beginner you would choose to scout a province in 4 to 6 hours, while as an more advanced player you may rather choose to make that ComboCat as it takes only 6 hours in a fully upgrades MA.

Edit: The number of relics to collect in a quest could be related to the Chapter. It may equalise the difficulty for all players. Just like is being done for collecting goods.

In either way: a little more balance in quests compared to the progress of players would at least avoid to have the same discussions each time. Maybe...

So much for my 2 cents...

Last edited:

galrond

To use a pet food (which is not the first time we had this assignment) you need a pet food building.
The main goal of a large event (from a dev point of vieuw) is to develop your evolution building.

The main point is that an assignment must be possible to achieve for everyone. "not playing" by for example not willing to placing a magic academy, barracks or in this case and evolution building in your town. is a choice you have as a player. but some choices might have consequences.

The main point it should be possible for the player to do this assignment if he or she wants to, if they do not want to, then it is there choice. (assuming this is not an assignment before you get the prize as I do not know the list of assignments)
I don´t think comparing a petbuilding with MA and barracks makes any sense o_O
You´ll always be able to upgrade your barracks and MA as you progress. It costs diamonds (MA) and research/ressources (barracks).
The same doesn´t apply for petbuildings. If you at the end of an event can evolve it to L6, then it´ll remain L6 always.
I agree, that ppl. not building MA and barracks, are not really playing the game.
But to say the same about a player not having a petbuilding is IMHO pretty harsh :mad:
Players want to optimize their cities, and in many cases a L6 pet doesn´t fit in.
I agree, that a big player can just teleport out one of his buildings. Place the pet. Feed it. Kill it. Place the original building again.
This isn´t always the case for a small player. In any way no player should to be "forced" to do it.
I´m not objecting that a demand could be "feed a pet", but then the alternative should be someting like "get XXX supplies/coins/goods".
I don´t like the "fight and win" demand, but at least the alternative should be someting like "get XXX supplies/coins/goods" or give XX NH.

Dony

King of Bugs
The number of relics to collect in a quest could be related to the Chapter.
No thank you, i dont want to collect 150 relics between tournament just because i am in ch17

While i agree that some balancing could be done, i disagree any balancing should be done to chapter 1 - 2 players, their priority should be to progress asap to chapter 3, which literally means next event, and balancing this fraction of playerbase for just few weeks makes zero sense in my opinion, any building they get will be obsolote in a few days and their focus should be advancing the city.

CrazyWizard

I don´t think comparing a petbuilding with MA and barracks makes any sense o_O
You´ll always be able to upgrade your barracks and MA as you progress. It costs diamonds (MA) and research/ressources (barracks).
The same doesn´t apply for petbuildings. If you at the end of an event can evolve it to L6, then it´ll remain L6 always.
I agree, that ppl. not building MA and barracks, are not really playing the game.
But to say the same about a player not having a petbuilding is IMHO pretty harsh :mad:
Players want to optimize their cities, and in many cases a L6 pet doesn´t fit in.
I agree, that a big player can just teleport out one of his buildings. Place the pet. Feed it. Kill it. Place the original building again.
This isn´t always the case for a small player. In any way no player should to be "forced" to do it.
I´m not objecting that a demand could be "feed a pet", but then the alternative should be someting like "get XXX supplies/coins/goods".
I don´t like the "fight and win" demand, but at least the alternative should be someting like "get XXX supplies/coins/goods" or give XX NH.

To be fair, if you are really that small that the above is no option for you, fighting a match should not be an issue.
Again you have the tools (and if you are small you unlock expansions at an alarming rate) so that as well should not be an issue.

Last but not least, the goal of an evolution event, is to evolve a building.
an evolution pet is provided for this quest.

You can argue against each and every quest, but unless it really created a impossible bottleneck (for example finish a reseach with no alternative) we should stop whining about every little thing.

Diverse quests are much more fun that the same ones over and over and over again.
I like diferent things to do I do not want to go back to an unlimited group of workshop and factory quests you could finish 120 quests in like 5 minutes after the event starts.
I like it that if you do not use the power of foresight you are actually entertained the whoile event without to much pressure.
I like these new events for that reason.

DeletedUser1953

No thank you, i dont want to collect 150 relics between tournament just because i am in ch17

While i agree that some balancing could be done, i disagree any balancing should be done to chapter 1 - 2 players, their priority should be to progress asap to chapter 3, which literally means next event, and balancing this fraction of playerbase for just few weeks makes zero sense in my opinion, any building they get will be obsolote in a few days and their focus should be advancing the city.
Yes but new players like to do the quests, they do not understand all and if it is important or not, but if you begin in a game and the system gives you an impossible quest => what is this game ! I think in this case, it is even better for the game to disable the event for chapter I/II ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
Yes but new players like to do the quests, they do not understand all and if it is important or not, but if you begin in a game and the system gives you an impossible quest => what is this fu***** game !
In this case it is perfectly clear that player should progress in a game which will open for him/her other options later on. Why? Because developers dont what to overwhelm new players with milions of things to do at once, they want to go slowly with them with learning curve

DeletedUser3314

I just counted the number of Encounters up to quest #65: 103 ! An absurd amount. Inno really wants to turn this game into a fighting game. :( What's next, PvP ? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Aeva

I guess the encounters match up with the tournament changes, being easier for the casual and normal players. And it's a winterevent lasting a whole month. Everybody should be able to do the encounters at that pace. Except chapter I and II, but they will catch up easy enough.

CrazyWizard

I just counted the number of Encounters up to quest #64: 93 ! An absurd amount. Inno really wants to turn this game into a fighting game. :( What's next, PvP ? o_O

most likely there are some alternatives?
but then still.

Spire, world map, tournament? 25 encounters a week ain't that much.
Just 8 tournament provinces 5 rounds is already 40 encounters.
Spire 2 levels possibly 32 encounters.

But fighting is still not a required element. All those quests have alternatives. And I used that alternatives instead of fighting despite I'm mostly fighter.
It still gives players who are set up to fight encounters two choices to complete a quest, i.e., fight and win encounters or collect two CC spells. A player who is not set up to fight and win encounters only gets one choice. Having the choice to fight encounters gives you the advantage of completing the quest sooner rather than having to wait two days to produce CCs in the MA. I don’t see how that is fair.

Earwen1

Excuse me, this sounds like treating starting players like tottlers in a school playground. That shouldn't be the way, I think.

I never said that Chaper 17 should get to collect 150 relics.
While it's up to Inno to set the challenge, the number could as well be like 1 relic to chapter I up to 17 to chapter 17... Or any other key to spead the joy.

Ecluding Chapter I and II players from all events, would not be my suggestion.

Karvest

Having the choice to fight encounters gives you the advantage of completing the quest sooner rather than having to wait two days to produce CCs in the MA. I don’t see how that is fair.
Nobody said that refusing to fight would not have any consequences.

There is limited amount of encounters you can fight, and most of players try to use alternatives even if they can do that... At least it was like that for a long time. Now Inno seems added alternatives to all world encounters quests and you no longer need to have a good spare of unfinished provinces on world map to finish any quest line.

You can get CC from other sources as well. Upgrading MA is one of the most profitable usage of diamonds, and you can get enough of even free ones to level it very soon. I have already finished 3-4 CCs in MA almost every time I get a quest with CC option.

Aeva

If you start a new game you start at the beginning. That means you will have to learn every step of the way. You grow every step of the way. But you cannot expect that you have it all just because more advanced players do have a lot more than a beginner.
Every event will have more difficult quest and more easy ones. Some will not be achievable. Newbies will have to deal with that. There is nothing unfair about chapter I and II and maybe III players wil be stopped earlier on. Just grow and do better next time.
See it this way: every time you are stopped you learned a valueble lesson.